Indoor CQB Gun's N' Gear

Cr0-Magnon

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

Did anyone else play at Electowerkz? A bb wasn't the worst thing you could kneel on in there

Me, but I can't say I had time to kneel lol, that was a fast moving site, duck & weave or feel the pain😭

More than once I found myself taking up a defensive position and my knee landed on something soft, especially on the ground floor. Mind you it meant I usually had plenty of space on the train home 

• Supporters
34 minutes ago, EDcase said:

I don't think its been mentioned yet, (sorry if I missed it) but I would consider essential CQB equipment to include a couple of grenades.  My preference are timed ones.

Good point. Although my preference is for a fuckton of paper ones!

Certainly more than cuntful...

• Supporters

38 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

Is that a metric or imperial fuckton? 

Metric, obvs. It's more innit.

27 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Is that more or less than a crapton? 🤣

More. Definitely more.

6 minutes ago, Shamal said:

Certainly more than cuntful...

Depends. I knew this one girl...

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Cannonfodder said:

Is that a metric or imperial fuckton? 

as @Lozart suggests the metric fucktonne is heavier than the imperial fuckton, unless you're using the older unit aka the fucking long ton

1 hour ago, EDcase said:

Is that more or less than a crapton? 🤣

crapton is the weight equivalent of the fucktonne, ie weight in craptons=mass in fucktonnes*9.81m/s²

of course the metric designations also accept the usuai SI mega, giga, tera etc prefixes.

8 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

as @Lozart suggests the metric fucktonne is heavier than the imperial fuckton, unless you're using the older unit aka the fucking long ton

crapton is the weight equivalent of the fucktonne, ie weight in craptons=mass in fucktonnes*9.81m/s²

of course the metric designations also accept the usuai SI mega, giga, tera etc prefixes.

We all gotta get out more.......

• Mostly Retired Moderators

Also, in order to look like a top quality CQB player. Here's a ProTip:

Have a standalone torch.

Weapon mounted lights can put you at a disadvantage for a few reasons.

Mostly because it gives the other team something to aim at, thinking there's a human next to it, where's a standalone torch could be held well away from the body, and at an odd angle to keep you safe from hits.

Plus you can stack up on the door and hold the torch in the top corner, blinding the other team and covering your team mates who can safely pop out and shoot past the glare.

I used to play in Leicester years ago at a place which was known as the Embassy I do believe.. It was absolutely mental. It was a disused factory about 15 mins from Fosse Park. A 3 story layout, The top floor were offices so you were darting in and out of rooms and corridors and up and down stair cases... The Ground floor was a massive open space with multiple entry and exit points and fake walls put up to provide more cover but best of all was the basement.... FCUK me! It was dark, wet, probably full of rats and the odd lightbulb that you see in horror movies moving side to side and squeaking.... When you were down there it was surreal.... You would be on your tip toes trying hard not to make a sound... Jeez looking back it was pure adrenalin fuelled orgasmic action!. I remember once running up the central stairs from the basement to the middle of the ground floor, gun blazing, bb's flying in all directions....and wallop I ran straight into a wooden wall... I went flying... but I didn't drop my Systema... hell no... I wasn't gonna scratch it lol. The top office floor was just as crazy and we did some crazy things trying to clear out the rooms... I am actually smiling as I'm writing this... And best of all was the final game known as the last stand. You'd all bunch up into the centre of the ground floor in a square formation surrounded by crates about 10 of you and then the rest of the people would come at ya... It was insane! Absolutely some of the best airsoft I've ever played. Period.

In terms of BDU's people just wore what they wanted. DPM, Coyote brown, jeans, t-shirts, trainers, shorts... it really didn't matter coz there was no place you could really hide... except downstairs in the dark basement where the boogeyman lived..... he was real! Honest! He lived in Leicester in that basement!!!

Guest Airsoft J2
19 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

Did anyone else play at Electowerkz? A bb wasn't the worst thing you could kneel on in there

Goodness. That's a name I hadn't heard for a long time. Eugh.

Not the worse CQB venue I've played in, though.

Back to the topic of ‘what to wear for CQB’ I think camo trousers (ideally a non UK/US camo) with a black tactical shirt and black rig, shemagh and eyepro makes for a pretty sharp look. Not trying to particularly look ‘like’ any unit in particular but the overall effect is a bit mercenary which I think is quite cool. Camo has absolutely zero benefit and gives no advantage whatsoever other than camo/black/grey/coyote is a cool combination. 

Knee pad inserts are a must, as are gloves fuck getting shot in the knuckles!). And after the ‘should I get a sidearm’ thread the next addition will be a G17 in a chest rig. 

Hi @DRay! 👋

Sounds familiar what you said, then it hit me! 🤔🤪

Small reference to the Metal Gear Solid franchise! 😂👍

My video tomorrow, will be mentioning a reference to the Glock situation? 🤔

💷GAMBLE💷

A digression from the core conversation but @GAMBLE I have come down on the side of a glock GBB because;

-literally millions of options at a pretty reasonable price. 
-1911s are pretty ugly. 
-too trigger happy for a revolver. Much too trigger happy. 
-extra mags are pretty inexpensive. 
-no reasonable brownie options available. 

Undoubtedly that decision will change when we all get to play again and I borrow someone’s glock and decide I don’t like it and then it’s back to wondering if I can viably excuse a sawn off that is nearly as long as my M4 carbine as a ‘side arm’....

38 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

and a glock isn't?

the glock is what a kid draws as a gun before he's got the drawing skills to add the details like hammers and safety catches on :P

I will happily take suggestions for anything in the £100ish range and available in the classifieds. I’m not saying a G17 is a great looking piece of design, but a 1911 is ugly a sin. 

The sawn off is looking more and more like the CQB sidearm winner. Just how to fit it in a chest holster... 🧐

• Supporters
Just now, Lozart said:

14523210_10154657902501929_7740162578606434983_n.jpg.993463e92088930d797ed660dd7dc5d2.jpg

you get the kindling i'll go grab the stake out of the shed

On 30/01/2021 at 23:40, DRay said:

I will happily take suggestions for anything in the £100ish range and available in the classifieds.

just on the first page going with the budget and not a 1911 or glock constraints:

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

I was just going to suggest a P226!

@Lozart @Adolf Hamster great minds think alike fellas. Jacob has accepted my offer and pending a video of it firing later on tonight it will be in the post to me tomorrow! And that was before I saw your posts haha! 

a 1911 is ugly though no? The end of the barrel is a funny shape and it looks like there is a piece missing, and there is a pointlessly massive hook/thumb webbing rest thing sticking out the back of the stock. 

I will concede that a G17/19 looks like it is made of Lego though. 

I am looking forward to my P226 arriving. 

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, DRay said:

@Lozart @Adolf Hamster great minds think alike fellas. Jacob has accepted my offer and pending a video of it firing later on tonight it will be in the post to me tomorrow! And that was before I saw your posts haha! 

a 1911 is ugly though no? The end of the barrel is a funny shape and it looks like there is a piece missing, and there is a pointlessly massive hook/thumb webbing rest thing sticking out the back of the stock. 

I will concede that a G17/19 looks like it is made of Lego though. 

I am looking forward to my P226 arriving. 

1911's am the best. Of course, airsoft ones are mostly cack on account of the tiny gas reservoir in the tiny wee single stack mags.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.