Super64

Freeads Removed All Gun Ads

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and probably forgotten) topic.

It looks like Freeads has removed all gun ads, airsoft, airgun, replicas, everything. When I search it says “your search for guns has been blocked”. But, it then goes on about certain types of dogs being banned in the U.K. Not sure if this is a permanent thing, or just temporary, but it’s a shame as it was a good resource for buying and selling. So that’s another avenue down.

Looks like their rules were modified today. Cut and pasted from their website:

"10. No guns (of any kind, including air guns), shooting services including pest control, or any weaponry accessories" 

I don’t know what’s happened to make them change their rules. This countries hatred of firearms and distrust of people interested in firearms is a joke.

Ah bum, was a good place to pick up old springers.

There was always a good variety of all types of guns and accessories in the different sections. A lot that I’d not seen on other sites. It’s going to be a miss.

Yes it is was, quite often some good stuff has popped up on there with out fear of trolling 😂

Possibly a knee jerk to the shooting in Germany? 

Showing that the EU's newest firearms directive has stopped bad people getting guns. 

4 hours ago, Super64 said:

I don’t know what’s happened to make them change there rules. This countries hatred of firearms and distrust of people interested in firearms is a joke.

Yup, and for this reason I want out. In my shooting career, I've seen everything from the handgun ban to absurd restrictions on deactivated firearms. I'm currently in the Czech Republic and the attitude here is completely different! 

there was some stuff on there i was about to buy now can't find them lol. should gave a warning !!!

Yup, I used to check it quite frequently looking for something different 

picked a couple of items up for sensible money

pity 🤷‍♂️

Oh well, with this and usedairsoft disappearing, looks like we’re even more restricted than ever

14 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Oh well, with this and usedairsoft disappearing, looks like we’re even more restricted than ever

What happened to Used Airsoft? One moment it was there, the next it vanished.

I understand the guy ran it for free and basically made no money off it, but it was a good site 

Damn. Occasionally there were really good deals. I guess here and discord and the only decent places left (fuck zeroin).

What is Discord? All I can find is an App for online games chat . How can you advertise on that?

18 hours ago, enzo47 said:

there was some stuff on there i was about to buy now can't find them lol. should gave a warning !!!

Yep, same here. There were a couple of HK45CT’s on there that I was eyeing up for payday. Hopefully they’ll end up on one of the other forums 😏

2 hours ago, Super64 said:

Yep, same here. There were a couple of HK45CT’s on there that I was eyeing up for payday. Hopefully they’ll end up on one of the other forums 😏

picked up one night before it went down... do you want his number ?

IMG-20200216-WA0015.jpg

IMG-20200216-WA0016.jpg

IMG-20200216-WA0010.jpg

IMG-20200216-WA0012.jpg

IMG-20200216-WA0011.jpg

IMG-20200216-WA0014.jpg

IMG-20200216-WA0013.jpg

Freeads took down their entire airsoft and paintball section for "safety" and "family friendliness"

They dont want to be seen to advertise "weapons"

Well ok in that case take off any object that can be used to hurt someone. Knives, axes, baseball bats, golf clubs, cars. These all do a lot more harm than a god damn bb gun.

How many deaths a year are caused by an airsoft gun? And how many are caused by stabbings and rta? Yeh...

This kinda carebear shit really pisses me off in the UK.

20200222_103647.thumb.jpg.4624949f4f4693e2fec4f6791d66d1da.jpg

I hope so. Ive bought all my rifs 2nd hand from various sites including this one. Usedairsoft is gone and now freeads.

Its a daily ritual of mine to go to the sites and look for something i need or a bargain i didnt think i needed hah.

In america, amazon and ebay have real guns and also airsoft. Over here, they are too scared to even contemplate it which is hilarious.

We're an easy target, because everyone who likes guns/gun shaped objects is the same as the shooters that pop up in the daily mail on a weekly basis.

All valid, but we do already have a thread on this very subject

I've merged the two freead discussion threads together. We didn't need two.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and probably forgotten) topic.