Sign in to follow this  
Asomodai

SE Tour Review: Longmoor Camp (Hampshire)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and probably forgotten) thread.

Shame so many idiots spoiled the event, nvg isn't a must but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out its gonna get cold at night lol.

Have to say we had a great game put on by Battlestations there a couple of years ago,  24hr rolling 'zombie' game where you could return to FOB(Safe zone) throughout the game which was constantly rolling. Different scenarios throughout, the best part was the night battle through the back alleys and gardens of the village. Admittedly myself and friends had NVG but to see the tracers and flash bangs going off every other minute was spectacular.

Shame people turn up to these events so ill prepared. Ruins it for others, as these events and especially that site need strong numbers to make it work. Im all for people trying new events but at least read the description so you are ready to play the whole game.

10 minutes ago, Immortal said:

Thanls for the info. :)

(Not sure if you meant to but the link in your post goes to Zed Adventures - Battle Lakes? should be https://legionairsoftevents.com/)

Cheers. I have corrected it 🙂

59 minutes ago, Immortal said:

Thanls for the info. :)

(Not sure if you meant to but the link in your post goes to Zed Adventures - Battle Lakes? should be https://legionairsoftevents.com/)

i was wondering that lol 

i very much want to do a battle sim but there inst anywhere in Scotland that does them. 

41 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

Did they send out a warning order with information on helpful kit like they do on their Milsim events?

Just went through my emails. In this instance, no. 

I guess we cant assume people have the common sense to wear thermals on a night that was forecast as under 6 degrees! 

17 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

Just went through my emails. In this instance, no. 

I guess we cant assume people have the common sense to wear thermals on a night that was forecast as under 6 degrees! 

That's fair, they generally send out a mission pack (like most Milsim groups) prior to the (Milsim) games and I assumed they did the same for the battlesims due to it being loosely mission based. You're right though you cant assume anyone has common sense anymore as it tends not to exist! Glad you had fun when you did get to play, I'm hoping to head back there soon with Legion for a Milsim which personally I think is a great first step (as they cater for all experience levels) If you haven't done one before.

Cold weather/Wet weather gear hardly needs to take up much space in a kit bag - for wet weather even a bloody poncho will do and that can fold up into a GP pouch!

Did a milsim a few years ago, 48hrs in woodland in mid October, the number of Dopes that turned up in little more than a T-shirt or ubacs & a full plate carrier, & feck all else, within 12hrs half of them had cried off & gone home, seriously, mid October in woodland, what did they expect ?.

Too busy trying to look the part I guess 😏

16 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Did a milsim a few years ago, 48hrs in woodland in mid October, the number of Dopes that turned up in little more than a T-shirt or ubacs & a full plate carrier, & feck all else, within 12hrs half of them had cried off & gone home, seriously, mid October in woodland, what did they expect ?.

Too busy trying to look the part I guess 😏

It does surprise me even though logic would dictate that you would need warm/wet weather gear. It doesn't have to cost a bomb either which also makes me wonder why people don't have it even for skirmishes. Like I say a poncho can be as cheap as a few quid and thermals maybe slightly more! I got some cold weather gear from GoOutdoors in their season sale (and usually do every year) and you can get full thermal sets for as little as £25.

Been offered a few chances to play at longmoor through the guys at EAG but could never make the dates in the past. I REALLY want to get there for a game. This one sounded awesome (except the unprepared idiots!!) Will keep an eye out for some dates in the future!

Nice one, sounds really good. Im hoping to get out some more over the coming months once my new job role settles down.

Id love a night game, still need to do a camping weekend as well. Good review as always

Posted (edited)

Great write up. Played a few games at longmoor and it is a cracking place. But i wish event organisers wouldnt have people spawning at the tank near the carpark - as far as i can tell it just sets them up for a loss. One team behind the train track and another directly on the other side of the playing area makes for much better balance. 

As for people dropping out that is quite shocking though hardly unprecedented...

I'm gonna 'throw shade' here... me and a mate went to a legion battlesim game in november. As there were two of us i asked a team of guys just before kick off if we could tag along. Nicely rebuffed - fair enough.

A few hours later its pissing it down and significant numbers had called it a day.. including the team who were too good for us!!! (Don't worry im over it...now). Just sat in the car park twiddling thier thumbs. 

Nothing against fair weather airsofters - you do you. But an all day game in november might not be for you and to be frank it was a bit lame. 

'Everybody wants to be an operator untill its time to do (literally the bare minimum) of operator shit' haha

Edit: @Asomodai -did playing at night inspire you to get nvg? Would you do it again? Thanks!

Edited by GeorgePlaysAirsoft

1 hour ago, GeorgePlaysAirsoft said:

Great write up. Played a few games at longmoor and it is a cracking place. But i wish event organisers wouldnt have people spawning at the tank near the carpark - as far as i can tell it just sets them up for a loss. One team behind the train track and another directly on the other side of the playing area makes for much better balance. 

As for people dropping out that is quite shocking though hardly unprecedented...

I'm gonna 'throw shade' here... me and a mate went to a legion battlesim game in november. As there were two of us i asked a team of guys just before kick off if we could tag along. Nicely rebuffed - fair enough.

A few hours later its pissing it down and significant numbers had called it a day.. including the team who were too good for us!!! (Don't worry im over it...now). Just sat in the car park twiddling thier thumbs. 

Nothing against fair weather airsofters - you do you. But an all day game in november might not be for you and to be frank it was a bit lame. 

'Everybody wants to be an operator untill its time to do (literally the bare minimum) of operator shit' haha

Edit: @Asomodai -did playing at night inspire you to get nvg? Would you do it again? Thanks!

I really enjoyed playing at night, but considering its doesn't happen often and the relatively high cost of entry for a decent set of NVG I doubt I will be investing in any. 

I can just imagine what sort of RIFs I could get for that money! 

Got more kills then deaths with my mk1 eyeball. So it'll do 🙂

I really hope this hasn't made them unwilling to host another night event, sadly I couldn't go due to health reasons (didn't book anyway). It's a shame, maybe they should make it so people have to deposit or increase the deposit amount if they already do before booking. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and probably forgotten) thread.