Jump to content
Druid799

HFC finally releasing their flintlock pistol !

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and probably forgotten) thread.

Recommended Posts

As the title says , HFC are releasing a scurmishable flintlock pistol ! 😱

https://www.kui.com.tw/PA1481D32526SO9/

30663A6A-6E0B-44EF-9D13-EFDF8C038512.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

not sure i'm a fan of the flared muzzle.

 

i do have a toy one a mate gave me as a bit of a fun present, it's nicely big enough to take a 40mm grenade so it's on my list of projects to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks cool, but not sure what loadout it would go with and i just can't picture a Napoleonic war skirmish milsim event with everyone in 2 battle lines. :D 

It does really look cool though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Kzwi said:

Looks cool, but not sure what loadout it would go with

 

Yarrr, we'm going to be boarded by many Captains Jack Sparrow, belay me wi' a marlin-spike, else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pirate themed games, excellent.  Just hope it is not too hot being CO2.

32526_8.jpeg.c6a4175c00fd6d3702d278928101b80f.jpeg

 

32526_10.jpeg.165e711339ca72d5aba550add15c5e20.jpeg

 

Now, just need to get some rails for all the flintlock accessories ;).

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jedi_Master said:

Now, just need to get some rails for all the flintlock accessories ;).

 

agreed, it's just not going to be combat effective without an RDS, PEQ box and UGL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Instructions for use.  It holds 21 BBs in the magazine tube.

 

HGC-502.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As it’s based upon a firearm that does not require any sort of licence to own, will we still need a defence to buy it?

 

Looks seriously cool though 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jedi_Master said:

Pirate themed games, excellent.  Just hope it is not too hot being CO2.

By the look of it from the instructions you can run it on either 👍

0FEFFB08-3015-4BD2-9ADE-1BDEFC932CC2.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

As it’s based upon a firearm that does not require any sort of licence to own, will we still need a defence to buy it?

 

Looks seriously cool though 

 

Afaik isnt it pre 1875 doesnt need a defence?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

As it’s based upon a firearm that does not require any sort of licence to own, will we still need a defence to buy it? 

 

Correct, anything from before 1870 is not a realistic imitation firearm: https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/38/section/38

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jcheeseright said:

These aren't actually made before 1870 though.  

 

I think the logic is if you run around with what looks like a pre 1870 design of gun people probably aren't going to take you very seriously as a threat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, jcheeseright said:

These aren't actually made before 1870 though.  

 

In sections 36 and 37 “realistic imitation firearm” means an imitation firearm which—

 (a) has an appearance that is so realistic as to make it indistinguishable, for all practical purposes, from a real firearm

 

real firearm” means—
(a) a firearm of an actual make or model of modern firearm (whether existing or discontinued); or
(b) something falling within a description which could be used for identifying, by reference to their appearance, the firearms falling within a category of actual modern firearms

 

modern firearm” means any firearm other than one the appearance of which would tend to identify it as having a design and mechanism of a sort first dating from before the year 1870.

 

 

tl;dr version, it doesn't need a defence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

 

I think the logic is if you run around with what looks like a pre 1870 design of gun people probably aren't going to take you very seriously as a threat.

 

3 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

 

In sections 36 and 37 “realistic imitation firearm” means an imitation firearm which—

 (a) has an appearance that is so realistic as to make it indistinguishable, for all practical purposes, from a real firearm

 

real firearm” means—
(a) a firearm of an actual make or model of modern firearm (whether existing or discontinued); or
(b) something falling within a description which could be used for identifying, by reference to their appearance, the firearms falling within a category of actual modern firearms

 

modern firearm” means any firearm other than one the appearance of which would tend to identify it as having a design and mechanism of a sort first dating from before the year 1870.

 

 

tl;dr version, it doesn't need a defence.

@Rogerborg is spot on that pre-1870 designs are outside of the VCRA definition of a RIF

 

The VCRA is an anti-chav law to reduce the odds of toy guns & airsoft guns being in public

Its supposedly titled for Violent Crime Reduction (which does very much apply to other parts of the act) but the only ‘reduction’ for airsoft is to make it a little bit more of an effort for a chav to legally obtain one and use it elsewhere.  It doesn’t affect illegal firearms, replicas etc

 

The age of gun ‘designs’ and obsolete calibres etc also has an effect on real firearms control & licensing etc

 

The choice of 1870 may have some curiosity, it isn’t the earliest laws on guns / weapons, but is the origin of firearms licences....

 

 

43C4470F-14F8-42AB-A80F-4F5F7A0EE4B7.jpeg

 

 

.... however, that’s not to say something that isn’t a firearm or RIF in the eyes of the law isn’t at risk of being used in crime.....

 

 

https://youtu.be/TPg_fj_SK_E

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

I'd love to use the "I'm a Gunsmith's servant" defence today. :D

 

.... and an Army / Naval Officer refusing to give their name to the police .... that is bound to go well in any situation that the police ask for a name

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

skirmishable? 450fps on 0.25s, so the world weirdest sniper? maybe.  novel reloading method though

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

could let some one who cant be assed to run around use it, pretty light weight and as posted above can get some nice accessories if needed!

 

might be tempted in my later years! :lol::lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Despite being the wrong era, I think this may be more practical than a revolver ahahahahaha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Steveocee said:

@Flintlock what you think to a pirate load out?

Remind me to slap you next time we play :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and probably forgotten) thread.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...