Been offered a Systema PTW MAX 12 for my vector...

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Systema guns are extremely expensive. A certain “type” of people usually own them. I have never seen/used one. But I have seen many up for sale around the £1000 mark. Wouldn’t be able to tell you if that particular gun is good/bad.

They don't sell for what they used to go for, the value has plummeted due to things like TM recoils appearing on the market. They're ok performance wise but need to have had all the mods done to get decent money for them. Proprietary mags and expensive to upgrade but will take some real steel parts and dimensions are more realistic

When modded and looked after systema’s I find are very hard to beat performance wise, I own three myself plus teammate has one love them full seal steel bodies and ris lovely feel to them 

Only ever seen one once, but i was given the opportunity to shoot it. It felt quite nice, but i didn't think it was anything special to shoot. Wouldn't swap anything i owned for one.. That being said, i had a vector too and i thought that was typical KWA crap...

14 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

This is for the Krytac. My KWA you’ll have to prise from my cold dead hands lol

no idea about the electric one, I'm a gas guy

• Supporters

Have had a go of one , will say I did really like it but was it twice the price of a TM recoil better ? No not a chance and after talking to the guy I borrowed it off it sounds like it’s a bit of a footballers bird , looks really nice but f**k me she’s high maintenance! :lol:

12 hours ago, Prisce said:

A certain “type” of people usually own them. 

What is meant by this?

43 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

What is meant by this?

Meaning those that have more money than sense.

12 minutes ago, Duff said:

Meaning those that have more money than sense.

I dont think so, I like the idea of a gun that is as realistic as it could be, after all realism is a big selling point of Airsoft. otherwise we would play paintball or laser tag. Yeah they are expensive, but plenty of people spend that much on a TM plus upgrades and accessories. 

People play for all kinds of different reasons. I for one do not play for realism, I play for fun.

If you think spending 1k plus makes a gun more realistic you're wrong, it just means they cost more to manufacture.

It may seem judgmemtal of me but if you want to spend that kind of money on a toy gun by all means but if you honestly think that doesn't make you  a little touched in the head then enjoy living in your bubble.

• Supporters

They are good pieces of kit but an ugraded TM will generally outperform a stock systema and still be way cheaper. 

That said I still regret not keeping the one I bought but I bought with the intention of flipping so couldn't justify the cost but they are nice and one day I will probably add one.

2 hours ago, Duff said:

People play for all kinds of different reasons. I for one do not play for realism, I play for fun.

If you think spending 1k plus makes a gun more realistic you're wrong, it just means they cost more to manufacture.

It may seem judgmemtal of me but if you want to spend that kind of money on a toy gun by all means but if you honestly think that doesn't make you  a little touched in the head then enjoy living in your bubble.

I definitely dont play for realism but can still appreciate a Systema and other PTWs. They are built a lot better than standard AEGs.

As for spending that much it is choice and if you think that is expensive we wont discuss how much my Sig has cost. 

we I guess I'm that "type" of person. I own around 4 PTW, a couple DTW's, a A&K TW, a Celcius PTW and a Celcius AKM TW.

Out the box they have the best trigger response of any M4 AEG. I know as I have around 260 AEG's. The DTW is miles cheaper than a TM recoil M4 and has a better trigger response. It's a copy of the Systema PTW but works well. This kinda defeats your argument about a special kind of people being touched in the head who buy a AEG that performs better than a standard AEG because of the price.

Ask anyone who has owned and used a PTW/DTW/etc and they will tell you that it's by far the best trigger response on an AEG out there. You can get similar performance out of a normal AEG if you fit a mosfet, particularly the TM recoils with a BTC Spectre fitted. I know this as I have 7 or 8 recoils and at least 4 of them have spectres fitted.

The PTW's aren't the best AEG as they suffer from a bad hop design and when they have problems they are expensive to fix. On the plus side they come with changeable cylinders which means you can go from 300 FPS to 370 FPS in about 2 minutes.

The only other AEG that I have that has a similar trigger response, straight out the box, is the Evo Scorpion but since that's not a M4 platform that alone will put people off from buying them.

You really shouldn't base your opinion on limited knowledge.

• Supporters
4 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

HI!

3 hours ago, Albiscuit said:

What is meant by this?

40 minutes ago, mightyjebus said:

we I guess I'm that "type" of person. I own around 4 PTW, a couple DTW's, a A&K TW, a Celcius PTW and a Celcius AKM TW.

Out the box they have the best trigger response of any M4 AEG. I know as I have around 260 AEG's. The DTW is miles cheaper than a TM recoil M4 and has a better trigger response. It's a copy of the Systema PTW but works well. This kinda defeats your argument about a special kind of people being touched in the head who buy a AEG that performs better than a standard AEG because of the price.

No disrespect meant to anyone. I have been led to believe systemas are more for the people who take the sport seriously or want it to be as close to realism as possible. I am not one of these people. I play for fun.

Like I said, I have never seen/used one so can’t actually say much about them. I just hear the usual safe zone stories “I bet he’s a systema owner” blah blah Bullsh*t. 

The OP asked for any views, Just because we don’t all have the same views, doesn’t mean some of us are wrong.

Ranty Post while at work addressing multiple posts above :)

Realism is a big part of Airsoft though. how many of us would play if the guns did have to look like NERF guns? a big part of what makes it cool is that the guns look real and its the closest thing (in UK at least) to owning and shooting guns.

I play for fun too, hell I wouldnt care too much now if guns had to change to not be realistic as I like the adrenaline and the game play, but I doubt I would have ever got into it if I had to use a huge orange plastic bb slinger!

As mentioned the money is (kind of) justified, they are solidly built, as close to the real thing as possible (although im happy with cheaper and lighter guns and would never spend that money on a systema) generally well built and a solid performer, it has been my opinion (likely wrong) they are generally the benchmark top tier gun that can be bought ie the ultimate airsoft status symbol.

Like most hobbies you can spend what you want, I used to be a wannabe boy racer, but now im an adult (questionable) ;) and have a family dropping 15K on plastic bodykits and wheels for a 2k corsa blows my mind the same way dropping 1K on a bb gun does!!!

But then theres plenty of people who do spend what they feel is a justified amount and if thats where they are then great for them! Like tinkering with a old car or bike. You could buy a perfectly fine run around but it wont have the prestige.

and apologies to @Prisce I took your original comment straight away as a negative and get your point. I guess if you are willing to pay that much then you likely do take it a little more seriously than most. 

I suppose a systema is a geardos wet dream :P 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Albiscuit said:

Realism is a big part of Airsoft though. how many of us would play if the guns did have to look like NERF guns?

I would.

I have actually used a nerf gun it was a little single shot thing and I got about a dozen kills in one game with it, best gnu eva.

I think I must be the odd one out as I honestly don't connect airsoft stuff with real world stuff in any way at all.

Nerf is what led me here. 

Got some Nerf guns to play with my daughter, then we got some helmets then some camo gear then happened to be looking at a scope for Nerf/Airsoft so started googling about Airsoft.

Cheers

G

6 minutes ago, MisterG said:

Nerf is what led me here. 

Got some Nerf guns to play with my daughter, then we got some helmets then some camo gear then happened to be looking at a scope for Nerf/Airsoft so started googling about Airsoft.

Cheers

G

Interesting story, I find it quite cool reading about how people got into Airsoft! 

3 minutes ago, Georgeturner2001 said:

Interesting story, I find it quite cool reading about how people got into Airsoft! 

I was tempted by a friend. I had a few plinks in his garden and he kept on bullying me. Then he offered to lend me some gear and pay for my first skirmish. You know what they say, "The first one is free..." And yeah... I was hooked.

Archived