THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

1 hour ago, Cipher-032 said:

Bolt stop issue?

Using a heavier buffer will negate the performance of the high speed bolt.

Yeah, when I use green gas with my original bolt, it can't stop and the light bolt slove this problem but decrease the recoil

20 hours ago, C-Diddy said:

Impulse101 are out of stock, as are Rainbow8. Keep an eye though because they're a lot cheaper, service is fast, even from Japan/HK. Impulse charge 550 yen. That's a little over £3!

Ah I see. Wasnt aware of these shops. Think i will go that route then. I'll just stock up on a bunch when they come in. £3-4 is much more reasonable. Thanks for the info.

On 13/05/2023 at 19:19, Koooo said:

Yeah, when I use green gas with my original bolt, it can't stop and the light bolt slove this problem but decrease the recoil

If you have a bolt lock problem with green gas and standard bolt, you need to unscrew your buffer tube 1 turn at a time until it reliably locks on empty.

2 hours ago, airfish said:

Hey, I recently damaged nozzle using forward assist when it was iced... original are hard to get, wound you recommend any other? ProWin ?

Dynamic Precision or Guns Modify

Had a dissapointing session with my MWS on Saturday. 

Temperature was about 10 degrees celsius (night game). Mags were gassed up and weighed 476 grams each ( with a cut down magpul on it. I filled and weighed before attending the site). Go to confirm hop, red dot zero etc at the chrono and struggled to get the 35 bbs out of each one, felt super sluggish.  Gas was ultra air. 

All mags are gen 3 and the issue was consistent across all mags. Only gas available onsite with a plastic nozzle was abbey green 144a and it was even worse. didn't chrono as it's performance was so terrible I wouldn't and couldn't field that. 

MWS is pretty much internally stock, 2 modifications for internals is the supersix nub and some 10 pence pieces in the buffer to prevent bolt over travel and "tighten" up the charging handle (as per olly talks airsoft). Barrel, hop unit, bolt etc is all stock mws.

Going to try abbey red gas - any other ideas? 

31 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

What have you got as lube on the BCG and piston? - Have not lubed the piston, have applied a tiny amount of gun oil on the BCG. 

Does the BCG pull back effortlessly and return very quickly? Yes, works exactly as I'd expect. 

Does the hammer strike nice and hard and to full extension? I think so, sounds like it does, image incoming 

PXL_20230515_114045035.jpg

Edited by Emergencychimps

I would have tried taking the 10ps out just to give the spring a little more slack, stripped any grease and ran it “dry”.

Also a top tip, put your coat over your chest rig / PC. I’ve played in 0 degrees with mine and the mags where lovely and toasty under my rab jacket so didn’t notice any major drop in performance.

On 19/04/2023 at 10:04, Emergencychimps said:

This seems to be common with v3 mags, I have v3 mags and have had a similar issue. 

My "work around" has been to use ultra air gas and abbey. Nuprol has been hit and miss and using propane was a complete waste. 

My suspicions are around the nozzle on the gas not fitting into the valve quite right, rather than the gas itself. Add onto that I'm a gbbr noob and I didn't want to mess with it over cold games, so just getting it back into action. 

I'm experiencing the same.

Nuprol green, fills in about 8 seconds and fires lovely.

Propane adapter, I get about 3 shots worth.

On another note, I've got a mk18 that i got in a bundle deal I've noticed the nozzle seems to be dragging on the bolt. The spring seems snappy as it starts its journey back perfectly, but then i hear it rubbing, almost like air is escaping from it.

Edit, on closer inspection it looks like an AG drop in set, so not sure why its rubbing. I think that when it gets low gas/cold, the bolt cycles but the nozzle doesn't. So maybe a 170% spring is needed?

Edit 2: Post on pg90 says the AG buffer is too big and drags, so maybe that first?

Edited by rj1986

On 14/05/2023 at 22:12, Davegolf said:

If you have a bolt lock problem with green gas and standard bolt, you need to unscrew your buffer tube 1 turn at a time until it reliably locks on empty.

Dynamic Precision or Guns Modify

I’d definitely avoid the Dynamic Precision nozzles. The BB feed ramp broke on mine after half a mag 🙄

This is the problem with all aftermarket parts - quality control / part quality consistency.

The main thing is theat the DP and GM nozzles are actually dimensionally correct, you may have got a lemon.

I dont know why TM dont make more spares TBH, massive sales potential there.

Agree about TM spares. Always a bun fight to get them when they release a batch. 

I have been looking at the HAO BCG recently, with Unicorn nozzle set. Tempted to try, just to see. Anyone any experiences with either the BCG and/or nozzle?

Generally though, standfast nozzle return springs, TM parts all day.

The standard TM couldn't care less about us still stands. Within Japan you can take full advantage of their warranty and spares. Outside of Japan? You're at the mercy of those that buy complete units and break them down for spares... which is my understanding of how spares come to be at places like Impulse. But the cost of them to buy the complete products is much lower than we pay, so it's easier for them to spin a profit doing it. So there is no 'release of a batch', just a buying of stock to turn into spares... I imagine there is a critical mass on the 'let me know when this is in stock' sign up thing they shoot for before doing so.

Edited by alxndrhll

Hello would just like to say thanks for all your help you have helped me decide on purchasing a mws 

I love the gun and have had no issues with it apart from the receiver being gappy at the back and having casting seams which is a bif of a disappointment 

Ive watched a few of ollies vids and Ive short stroked it using 2 10p coins in the buffer which has removed possibility of denting on the reciver and buffer tube

Im currently using abbey predator and im getting around 335 fps with 0.2 is this gas perfectly safe to use other than the nozzle spring breaking seen people get 313 fps on propane and green gas 

IMG_20230517_140546_189.jpg

Edited by Hecker
I put the fps wrong because im a div

31 minutes ago, Wavey_Gravey said:

135fps? That’s a little low is it not?

its confusing because i see people getting 313 fps with gg and propane and other getting 370 fps 

On 05/11/2019 at 23:15, Yukarin said:

Ran the AngryGun nozzle again last sunday, zero issues with it now as I replaced the sealing buffer with the stock TM one. The AG sealing buffer is too wide and causes friction which can cause mid-cycle jams.

so box of goodies i ordered from Fire support turn up to try and cure a similar problem. Go to disassemble to bolt and the 2 screws on the top are solid. Like proper solid. So now seeing if the penetrating fluid will help - if not, have to break out the tools and buy some new screws .

When a 5 minute job turns into a 4 day one...

8 minutes ago, rj1986 said:

so box of goodies i ordered from Fire support turn up to try and cure a similar problem. Go to disassemble to bolt and the 2 screws on the top are solid. Like proper solid. So now seeing if the penetrating fluid will help - if not, have to break out the tools and buy some new screws .

When a 5 minute job turns into a 4 day one...

If it’s tiny screws that may strip &  it’s loctite just try holding the tip of a soldering iron in the screw head for a minute , the heat will often soften the loctite without damaging anything else .

Edited by JimFromHorsham

3 hours ago, JimFromHorsham said:

If it’s tiny screws that may strip &  it’s loctite just try holding the tip of a soldering iron in the screw head for a minute , the heat will often soften the loctite without damaging anything else .

i'll give it a try, nothing to lose

Edit: An hour in and still no luck. I've basically cut off the bolt carrier key to try and get at the screws better, but still not budging

2nd edit: yeah, nah, its fucked

Edited by rj1986