THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

1 hour ago, gunbod007 said:

Anyone with any experience of FRV tailoring QD sling point. As previously mentioned by Alpha I think,  I don't want to trust a cheap QD with me MWS https://frvtailoring.co.uk/collections/slings/products/cqb-single-point-ajustable-sling-1?variant=19221369454649

Screenshot 2021-02-09 at 17.22.03.png

FRV slings are reasonable for the price, but the webbing is only 1" which isn't actually that comfortable. But that's just my experience. The plus side is that the hardware is reasonable. Although there are better out there. Can I ask how often you actually use your sling?

(Since I use mine a lot I went for a magpul MS3, alternatively Andy at TacbeltsUK on IG does good way of the gun slings at a very reasonable price.)

24 minutes ago, Crazy_Crystal said:

FRV slings are reasonable for the price, but the webbing is only 1" which isn't actually that comfortable. But that's just my experience. The plus side is that the hardware is reasonable. Although there are better out there. Can I ask how often you actually use your sling?

(Since I use mine a lot I went for a magpul MS3, alternatively Andy at TacbeltsUK on IG does good way of the gun slings at a very reasonable price.)

I plan on using the sling all the time. Going to use my totally unnecessary pistol too so want to transition to it.

Thinking a bungee sling too but thanks for the recommendations 

Slings will always be personal preference, I’ve moved to using two point slings over single point because cracking yourself in the nuts in ‘the heat of battle’ is not my favourite and I find two points much more comfortable across a day of playing.

The ‘new wave’ of quick adjusting two points are all very similar, my personal favourite is the Ferro Concepts Slingster (having also tried the VTAC and Haley slings of a similar ilk) just found it has the best quick adjustment system and the padding is perfect for me... but one of those plus decent fittings/hardware (I use the Ferro QD fittings) is going to set you back £70-80. Comfort is important, what works for one may not work for another etc etc.

Some would like scoff at spending that much on a sling when others do the job just fine, these days I tend to use as much ‘RS’ kit as I can largely because it holds value much better than repro kit if you come to sell it on... aside the fact it’s better quality (for the most part). The reason holding value is important to me is because I sell things on if they aren’t working for me. Once you start down that rabbit hole of ‘perfecting’ your kit you have to accept that things you buy might not be suitable for you.

Tldr, don’t skimp out on your sling because it’s the only thing between your rif, gravity and the ground should you let go of it. If your kit isn’t working with you, it isn’t worth using.

I use a Magpul padded sling and also a MS3 gen 2. Both are great and the padded one more  comfy and being Magpul the dogs danglies. Also don’t skimp on QD’s either. Don’t buy cheap tat. 

As @alxndrhllhas said the sling is the only thing between you and your rif hitting the ground. Also as said above, many people use the ferro concepts slingster. You can’t go wrong with it. Use their QD points too as they are proper spec and not monkey metal spec. 

UK tactical sell all you need....

10 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

I use a Magpul padded sling and also a MS3 gen 2. Both are great and the padded one more  comfy and being Magpul the dogs danglies. Also don’t skimp on QD’s either. Don’t buy cheap tat. 

As @alxndrhllhas said the sling is the only thing between you and your rif hitting the ground. Also as said above, many people use the ferro concepts slingster. You can’t go wrong with it. Use their QD points too as they are proper spec and not monkey metal spec. 

UK tactical sell all you need....

Yeah I have decided on the Magpul MS3, not happy about the price but hey it's worth doing right. I have a CTR with built in QD point. I was gonna get some Esstac pouches to go with my new belt from https://www.tactical-kit.co.uHighly recommend them by the way.

Cheers for the help lads. Forgot how much of a rabbit hole of costs airsoft is but damn it's a rush waiting for the new gear.

1 minute ago, gunbod007 said:

Yeah I have decided on the Magpul MS3, not happy about the price but hey it's worth doing right. I have a CTR with built in QD point. I was gonna get some Esstac pouches to go with my new belt from https://www.tactical-kit.co.uHighly recommend them by the way.

Cheers for the help lads. Forgot how much of a rabbit hole of costs airsoft is but damn it's a rush waiting for the new gear.

Good choice... and get a tan one to match the tan bits on your MWS :D Give me 5 mins and I'll show you mine. I'm using the Paraclip version as opposed to the QD version on this sling....

Oh this rabbit hole.... hmmmm wait till you start using RS optics.... then it becomes a deep well full of more than just rabbits :D

This is the padded MS1

941EFDF6-ECCA-4BD9-9E36-82BAFC64B2FC.jpeg

This is the MS3 with paraclips

208231E0-D1DE-4471-ABFD-EC1B322F19DF.jpeg

13 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

Good choice... and get a tan one to match the tan bits on your MWS :D Give me 5 mins and I'll show you mine. I'm using the Paraclip version as opposed to the QD version on this sling....

Oh this rabbit hole.... hmmmm wait till you start using RS optics.... then it becomes a deep well full of more than just rabbits :D

Yeah deffo going tan, Just can't find the MS3 in stock on uk tactical or the other sight. typical. Looking at the Ferro concepts now but then you need a QD swivel. Ah never simple. Think I will just hunt down the MS3 somewhere. That's cool you can use it in either 2 point or 1 point.

RS Optics... Yeah I have wet my toes with a Holosun T1 style sight on like a months back order. Not looking forward to getting sucked into real eotechs or elcan

If you want a black MS3Gen 2 with a QD and a Paraclip....

Voilia..... only 2 in stock..... you can always get a magpul QD another time... Note magus use 1.25 inch webbing...

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/magpul-ms3-single-qd-sling-gen-2-black-real

1 minute ago, AlphaBear said:

If you want a black MS3Gen 2 with a QD and a Paraclip....

Voilia..... only 2 in stock..... you can always get a magus QD another time... Note magus use 1.25 inch webbing...

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/magpul-ms3-single-qd-sling-gen-2-black-real

Thanks but you were right about getting tan to match! I am sure it will pop up somewhere before the end of this bloody lockdown

7 minutes ago, gunbod007 said:

Thanks but you were right about getting tan to match! I am sure it will pop up somewhere before the end of this bloody lockdown

Yeah, get the tan.... and they do pop up... even on here from time to time... just don't buy from ebay coz of all the china clones...

Also once POAIR6 start shipping back to the UK they have a hell of a lot of Magpul gear.... including tan :D

9 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

Yeah, get the tan.... and they do pop up... even on here from time to time... just don't buy from ebay coz of all the china clones...

Also once POAIR6 start shipping back to the UK they have a hell of a lot of Magpul gear.... including tan :D

These are the only bastards I can find with one and they're over pricing it. I shall wait for the mass uk Restock we must be inbound for 

https://www.parabellumconsulting.co.uk/Magpul-MS3-Single-QD-Sling-GEN2-Coyote-p/mag515coy.htm

1 minute ago, gunbod007 said:

These are the only bastards I can find with one and they're over pricing it. I shall wait for the mass uk Restock we must be inbound for 

https://www.parabellumconsulting.co.uk/Magpul-MS3-Single-QD-Sling-GEN2-Coyote-p/mag515coy.htm

That's actually UK RRP believe it or not..... but FS used to sell then for about £62'ish when they were in stock.... there's just a shortage of 'commercial' Magpul in the UK at the moment.... in fact Europe too as it's all being sucked up my the Military authorities I expect....  

7 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

That's actually UK RRP believe it or not..... but FS used to sell then for about £62'ish when they were in stock.... there's just a shortage of 'commercial' Magpul in the UK at the moment.... in fact Europe too as it's all being sucked up my the Military authorities I expect....  

Yeah you're right, realised I would only save £12 on tactical kit website.

So I have bitten the bullet so to speak. Anyway soz for taking over the thread with gear talk. Time to debate getting a second MWS to make into a true classic SOPMOD block 1

On 06/02/2021 at 14:09, quango2k said:

Inner barrels..is it worth changing? Or is the stock one good enough? 

If so, what brand/model is good?

The stock mws/marui barrels are beat rounds on the most "magic" inner barrels so generally doesnt make sense, unless you wanna play with the fps, though I changed for a Maple leaf 300mm one for this reason and because I running  Maple leaf bucking (the bucking and your inner barrels mouth must to be matching and air-tight 100%) , its just depends on your upgrade parts.

In order to find the best result in accuracy these things must to be matching :

- Consistent fps (on semi auto)

- 100% air-tight 

- barrel mouth+bucking+nub are match 100%(length,shape,tightness)

+ the nub contact on the right place with the bucking and the hop arm push it down from and in the right angle (check the laylax hop unit)

So the end of the day the barrel length and diameter doesnt takes much without these things but not at all in my opinion.

I'm thinking of replacing my vanilla MWS outer barrel with a short barrel to use with a silencer/tracer unit, but I know exactly nothing about it. What are people's experiences on the subject?

I got my eye on this nice kit with multiple barrels, but don't know if it's a good option/good price/good brand/good product. If that's not good, can anyone recommend a good barrel for the MWS?

This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

CC1E990B-D38A-421B-9CBB-81145665EB65.jpeg

Already on it’s Frankenstein path to greatness.

Magpul stock

Magpul trigger guard

Geissele charging handle 

Waiting now on Hao Parts, scope and a good paint stripping 

1 hour ago, The Commander said:

I'm thinking of replacing my vanilla MWS outer barrel with a short barrel to use with a silencer/tracer unit, but I know exactly nothing about it. What are people's experiences on the subject?

I got my eye on this nice kit with multiple barrels, but don't know if it's a good option/good price/good brand/good product. If that's not good, can anyone recommend a good barrel for the MWS?

You going for MK18 look?

50 minutes ago, Groot said:

Magpul stock

Magpul trigger guard

Geissele charging handle 

I love the paint job, haven't got the balls to do mine yet. How comes you didn't paint the upper?

Also with painting did you completely strip everything apart including inner/outer barrel and taking the ZET system out the housing?  

I am tempted to just leave it assembles and tape up parts.

53 minutes ago, Groot said:

Magpul stock

Magpul trigger guard

Geissele charging handle 

There are non like it. Not with that kind of paint job 😂 (you walked right into that one @Groot😂😂😂)

45 minutes ago, gunbod007 said:

You going for MK18 look?

Not 100%, but yep -- just a more CQB look, with a shorter barrel to compensate for the size of the silencer/tracer unit. 🙂

I'm aiming for the barrel to be something like this:

2.png

3 minutes ago, The Commander said:

Not 100%, but yep -- just a more CQB look, with a shorter barrel to compensate for the size of the silencer/tracer unit. 🙂

2.png

Ah Very nice. If you want a small boy tracer unit check out the Spitfire 

You going for MK18 look?

I love the paint job, haven't got the balls to do mine yet. How comes you didn't paint the upper?

Also with painting did you completely strip everything apart including inner/outer barrel and taking the ZET system out the housing?  

I am tempted to just leave it assembles and tape up parts.

Hello,

I hate the paint job. Its not done badly, just not my style.
This is a second hand MWS that I just wanted as a base. All i really wanted was the body, stock tube, barrel and the guts. 

Gonna strip all the paint for now and either paint it MC or just leave it black with tan furniture. 

I have painted loads of guns before this point. With each i just tapped off any danger areas and went crazy with Krylon. 

9 minutes ago, Groot said:

Hello,

I hate the paint job. Its not done badly, just not my style.
This is a second hand MWS that I just wanted as a base. All i really wanted was the body, stock tube, barrel and the guts. 

Gonna strip all the paint for now and either paint it MC or just leave it black with tan furniture. 

I have painted loads of guns before this point. With each i just tapped off any danger areas and went crazy with Krylon. 

Yeah reminds me of some old COD 4 paint job on a classic M4.

Do you take the inner barrel out when you pain? I am thinking of leaving everything assembled and just taping off like you said. Got to get that gap between the two receivers tho? Hmmm I shall find a painting thread

19 minutes ago, gunbod007 said:

Do you take the inner barrel out when you pain? I am thinking of leaving everything assembled and just taping off like you said. Got to get that gap between the two receivers tho? Hmmm I shall find a painting thread

I haven't painted an MWS before. So if someone wants to correct me please do.

What I will do when i paid this is tape up the end of the barrel so that paint cannot get down to the inner. 
On the body, it's has a pretty good fit. So I would probably just keep it closed and spray. 
That said, if i wanted to be more curious. I would put some tape on the inside, close the body and be happy if anything got through the gap. It would be caught on that. 

I painted my MWS a couple of months ago. I separated the upper and lower and then taped off the gaps on the inside, closed the dust cover, taped off the trigger and the end of the charging handle to prevent any paint/spray getting in the inside of the gun, then put the two pieces back together. I too kept the inner barrel in and just taped off the muzzle device which worked. Just tape off anywhere you think it’ll get into the inner workings of the gun. Hope that helps! 

865B2708-8DBA-4541-AED6-3DCDAD221D9E.jpeg

1 hour ago, The Commander said:

2.png

Something like this then? This is my CQB Systema ;) 

C7A5C473-494B-4AB7-924B-C40BB60434A4.jpeg