THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

32 minutes ago, Cyberlawyer said:

yes, the 416c kit is calling me. Not only is it a barrel length I don’t have, but the kit is so complete that it shouldn’t be too hard to complete using all aftermarket parts.

Sadly due to the pandemic they won’t be shipping to us just yet... but yeah their kit is really polished and spot on. A few of my PTW friends have the kits for their riffles and they are outstanding. Mind you so is the price tag!  

Roll on that lotto win!

A lot of airsofters overlook rifle ergonomics in favour of more FPS or fancy sights when it’s an area where small changes can make a huge difference to your shooting.

One of the big reasons all my GBB rifle builds use the same grip. I have found an angle that works for me so I use it all the time, nothing speeds target acquisition than having a rifle that naturally  points where you are looking.

Magpul stuff is just designed to work.... it does what it says on the tin... unless its a Chinese fake! Rifle ergonomics is important and it certainly helps with the game.. I've put on the Magpul MOE K grip on my rifle and it feels so superior to the Marui grip from a build quality... however, the Marui grip has a finger rest which I prefer and kinda makes it more comfortable than the Magpul grip coz my delicate fingers are rubbing against the Marui metal trigger guard! So to fix that wee issue the tigger guard is being replaced by a  Magpul trigger guard which looks better and certainly has better ergonomics so which will make my rifle look better which in turn will make me play better (who am I kidding lol) and that's good for everyone :) 

57 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

Magpul stuff is just designed to work.... it does what it says on the tin... unless its a Chinese fake! Rifle ergonomics is important and it certainly helps with the game.. I've put on the Magpul MOE K grip on my rifle and it feels so superior to the Marui grip from a build quality... however, the Marui grip has a finger rest which I prefer and kinda makes it more comfortable than the Magpul grip coz my delicate fingers are rubbing against the Marui metal trigger guard! So to fix that wee issue the tigger guard is being replaced by a  Magpul trigger guard which looks better and certainly has better ergonomics so which will make my rifle look better which in turn will make me play better (who am I kidding lol) and that's good for everyone :) 

Oh I know exactly what you mean about the trigger guard rubbing. It's horrible. What Magpul trigger guard are you going to use and any mods required?

10 hours ago, gunbod007 said:

Oh I know exactly what you mean about the trigger guard rubbing. It's horrible. What Magpul trigger guard are you going to use and any mods required?

The angrygun one is a good replica and fits without modding. 

So the SL stock arrived. Marginally longer than the older models. Might get a K aswell to see how tight to the buffer..if it wobbles, its out. 

20210205_104705.jpg

20210205_104724.jpg

Hello all.

I decided to upgrade my MWS SOPMOD to fire 0.32g BBs at 1.1 J. Using a 370 mm long 6.03 mm tightbore Prometheus inner barrel, stock hop rubber, and Prometheus CNC Hop arm (rather than the SixG Nub, for which I got no email reply), I got 285 fps on a 0.32g, so just a little hot.

I installed the AngryGun MPA Ver 2 Nozzle, and identified many problems. The return spring was too strong, the C clip spring was dysfunctional, and the overall nozzle and BB loading knob (you know, the part of the nozzle that picks BBs up from the mag) lengths were too long. I fitted the nozzle with a Dynamic Precision spring set and the stock buffer sealer and had no problems... until I tried full auto. I got misfeeds, double feeds, and horrible consistency.

The stock nozzle setup fed fine, but ran too hot. So, I sanded down the AngryGun MPA Valve so it was narrow enough to fit into the stock nozzle, and sanded the three outer sides of the polymer end of the nozzle return spring flat so that the screw holes aligned with the stock nozzle.

I now have a reliably feeding stock nozzle that has an adjustable (and very consistent!) FPS, along with a spare nozzle that works fine on semi auto.

I would have liked to have paid less and just got a decent NPAS (the RA Tech WE NPAS didn't work for me) but hopefully this knowledge helps somebody else.

Can post pictures of the work if anybody is interested.

4 hours ago, quango2k said:

The angrygun one is a good replica and fits without modding. 

So the SL stock arrived. Marginally longer than the older models. Might get a K aswell to see how tight to the buffer..if it wobbles, its out. 

20210205_104705.jpg

20210205_104724.jpg

The colour of that New SL looks lighter than the other two. Mind you it’s new I suppose and that accounts for the lack of grime and goodness knows what else that CTR has been through 😂

it’s actually growing on me truth me told. Having these three together puts the Magpul designs into perspective. Suddenly the CTR looks a little dated! Shock horror. 

6 hours ago, PRIMEAirsoftTech said:

Hello all.

I decided to upgrade my MWS SOPMOD to fire 0.32g BBs at 1.1 J. Using a 370 mm long 6.03 mm tightbore Prometheus inner barrel, stock hop rubber, and Prometheus CNC Hop arm (rather than the SixG Nub, for which I got no email reply), I got 285 fps on a 0.32g, so just a little hot.

I installed the AngryGun MPA Ver 2 Nozzle, and identified many problems. The return spring was too strong, the C clip spring was dysfunctional, and the overall nozzle and BB loading knob (you know, the part of the nozzle that picks BBs up from the mag) lengths were too long. I fitted the nozzle with a Dynamic Precision spring set and the stock buffer sealer and had no problems... until I tried full auto. I got misfeeds, double feeds, and horrible consistency.

The stock nozzle setup fed fine, but ran too hot. So, I sanded down the AngryGun MPA Valve so it was narrow enough to fit into the stock nozzle, and sanded the three outer sides of the polymer end of the nozzle return spring flat so that the screw holes aligned with the stock nozzle.

I now have a reliably feeding stock nozzle that has an adjustable (and very consistent!) FPS, along with a spare nozzle that works fine on semi auto.

I would have liked to have paid less and just got a decent NPAS (the RA Tech WE NPAS didn't work for me) but hopefully this knowledge helps somebody else.

What colour RA tech NPAS was it and what issues did you have with it?

11 hours ago, gunbod007 said:

He says the WE one (silver) which with out some sanding is too large a diameter to work in a TM nozzle. The black TM one is a drop-in fit. I posted a loooong post on this a while back (last summer) where I tested various bolts, nozzles and NPAS for consistency.

19 hours ago, PRIMEAirsoftTech said:

Hello all.

Interested.

I had the same problems with the angry gun v2 nozzle. In fact, I have had problems with almost everything I have bought from angry gun. I am convinced they do zero testing on any parts.

19 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

The colour of that New SL looks lighter than the other two. Mind you it’s new I suppose and that accounts for the lack of grime and goodness knows what else that CTR has been through 😂

it’s actually growing on me truth me told. Having these three together puts the Magpul designs into perspective. Suddenly the CTR looks a little dated! Shock horror. 

They are very close in colour, its more the lighting in my spare room. My original ctr is also covered in krylon :)

3 hours ago, SSPKali said:

He says the WE one (silver) which with out some sanding is too large a diameter to work in a TM nozzle. The black TM one is a drop-in fit. I posted a loooong post on this a while back (last summer) where I tested various bolts, nozzles and NPAS for consistency.

Yeah I thought the WE one might be the silver one and thought that would be his problem.

The stock inner barrel is pretty good. The main reason to change is to go longer or tight bore (or both) to get more FPS.

Note that some lesser quality tight bore barrels may bump FPS but at the cost of accuracy if the finish to the inner bore isn’t very uniform.

19 hours ago, gunbod007 said:

The WE one? The silver one. I was told on Reddit it was a drop in fit... even after sanding it down to fit I was told it would be fine if it rotated inside the nozzle. It wasn't - terrible consistency!

5 hours ago, quango2k said:

Interested.

I had the same problems with the angry gun v2 nozzle. In fact, I have had problems with almost everything I have bought from angry gun. I am convinced they do zero testing on any parts.

Haha, well perhaps it wouldn't be so bad if the nozzle internals were compatible with the stock nozzle. I can try to get pictures together next week.

4 hours ago, gunbod007 said:

Yeah I thought the WE one might be the silver one and thought that would be his problem.

Yep, the silver one. I was told the black one was identical to the WE silver one 😂 don't believe everything you read on the internet!

3 hours ago, quango2k said:

Inner barrels..is it worth changing? Or is the stock one good enough? 

If so, what brand/model is good?

I picked up the MWS 370 mm Prometheus 6.03 mm inner barrel for the FPS bump. I got 285 fps on a 0.32g BB with it on green gas. Accuracy wise, I got no significant improvement using the stock hop rubber at 100 ft, but can't test beyond 100 ft due to lockdown. Now that I'm able to use heavy BBs at decent power, I'm expecting to have better accuracy at range. Bore quality and consistency looked very good. The stock barrel is very good, so you have to decide whether its good value for you to upgrade, and keep your expectations in check.

Hi guys,

I just installed the G&P 3,5 Nozzle valve and I messed it up with the plastic screw, and I lost it, Does anybody know the screw dimensions? I would like to buy a replacement without having to buy a complete new valve.

thank you so much 

2 hours ago, Rick said:

Hi guys,

I just installed the G&P 3,5 Nozzle valve and I messed it up with the plastic screw, and I lost it, Does anybody know the screw dimensions? I would like to buy a replacement without having to buy a complete new valve.

thank you so much 

Measure the hole it fell out of and round up to the next whole number (Eg if it is a 3.4mm hole = M4 grub screw) 😁 Buy a bag of the correct sized ones from Ebay and pop a blob of thread lock on before fitting 👍

18 hours ago, SSPKali said:

Measure the hole it fell out of and round up to the next whole number (Eg if it is a 3.4mm hole = M4 grub screw) 😁 Buy a bag of the correct sized ones from Ebay and pop a blob of thread lock on before fitting 👍

Thank you very much!!

Don't have time to read though all 171 pages but here are some findings on gas and please let me know if you have experience the same thing or different. 

I have orginally ran my MWS on ASG ultrair, started to have issue with not finishing a whole mag when it is sub 5 degree. Read here that they are not pure Propane hence why the poor performance when Temp is Low. 

Switched to Nuprol 2.0, but ran just as bad as the Ultrair, interesting as I thought they are just pure Propane with silicone oil mixed in. 

Switch to propane which made the gun run much better even sub 0 degree. 

Can anyone comfirm Nuprol is just propane? if yes why there is such a big difference on performance? 

19 minutes ago, ttony1314 said:

Don't have time to read though all 171 pages but here are some findings on gas and please let me know if you have experience the same thing or different. 

I have orginally ran my MWS on ASG ultrair, started to have issue with not finishing a whole mag when it is sub 5 degree. Read here that they are not pure Propane hence why the poor performance when Temp is Low. 

Switched to Nuprol 2.0, but ran just as bad as the Ultrair, interesting as I thought they are just pure Propane with silicone oil mixed in. 

Can anyone comfirm Nuprol is just propane? if yes why there is such a big difference on performance? 

I’d be using black gas at sub 5C.  Nuprol 4.0, etc, or MAPP.  I’ve a GHK AK74 on the way that I’m planning to DH mod, it’ll be interesting to compare the cold weather performance of that to my MWS

9 hours ago, ttony1314 said:

I was using Abbey Predator Ultra in 1 degree temps the other day, this is similar to Nuprol 2.  I was only out for a few minutes so not enough time to cool the mags down, fuck being outside in that weather. It performed well, On full auto ROF obviously slowed down towards the end of the Mag.

I am new to the GBB game but I think Nuprol 2 is a relatively medium power Gas for 10+ degrees

If for some mad reason I was going to skirmish in weather colder than that, I would use Abbey Vertex or Nuprol 3,4

Anyone with any experience of FRV tailoring QD sling point. As previously mentioned by Alpha I think,  I don't want to trust a cheap QD with me MWS https://frvtailoring.co.uk/collections/slings/products/cqb-single-point-ajustable-sling-1?variant=19221369454649

Screenshot 2021-02-09 at 17.22.03.png