THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

1 hour ago, alxndrhll said:

Side note, no idea if their stock levels are accurate so may be worth emailing ahead of ordering but FDE CTRs seem to be in stock here.

I can’t give a person recommendation on the vendor but seems ‘legit’ enough.

Outside of that I imagine restocks of pretty much everything are a decent wait at this point given the general situation of worldwide logistics and the impact of that on production pipelines, alongside Magpul seemingly winding up for their 2021 releases.

Great spot, ordered now.

Talking of Magpul CTRs I believe this is the successor to it. The SLK. And no it’s not Merc inspired 😂

To be honest I’m not really feeling it! It doesn’t have the same wow feel as the CTR design does in my opinion. Of course I’ve not seen one in hand yet so that may change.  Has anyone on here grabbed one yet? 

39F24144-D442-4712-A63F-C86D561B5E7D.png

On 28/01/2021 at 18:54, Davegolf said:

@Hypokondrikern

The MWS itself is pretty lightweight, especially with a modern hand guard/rail.

The trigger set is proprietary ZET system, you’d be a fool to change it out, all made of steel, and superbly reliable.

The buffer tube and receiver are also high quality aluminium, and the receiver is cerakote’d.

I see, I’m just used to the TM Detonics where certain parts were made more weighty than needed to give a hefty feel to the replica ( there were even two pot metal weights in the grip ). I thought that there might be some parts on the MWSs receiver that were made with the same unnecessary heavy metals which could be replaced as I have done all I can think of to reduce weight so far.

I have now:

# lightweight bolt

# 3D printed barrel

# aluminum barrel nut

# mlok aluminum handguard 

# aluminum charging handle

The build brings me a smile every time I pick it up. But the weight watcher subscription is still on and I thought I could save 200-300g by changing trigger box or receiver to a lighter aluminum. It’s all a bit of a game for me inspired by the AR15 forums and clips in my YouTube algorithm..

I thought some parts like these would bring me further. 

https://www.rainbow8.com/products/gunsmodify-aluminium-cnc-trigger-box-for-marui-mws-m4-gbbr?_pos=17&_sid=8b319b9ce&_ss=r

https://www.redwolfairsoft.com/guns-modify-aluminum-cnc-receiver-set-for-tokyo-marui-m4-mws-gbbr-aero-style-marking.html

“exceptionally lightweight” maybe just a sales pitch? 

I might have reached the limit before one needs to skeletonize the receiver, which is not the look I want go for. 

— — —

1 hour ago, AlphaBear said:

Talking of Magpul CTRs I believe this is the successor to it. The SLK. And no it’s not Merc inspired 😂

To be honest I’m not really feeling it! It doesn’t have the same wow feel as the CTR design does in my opinion. Of course I’ve not seen one in hand yet so that may change.  Has anyone on here grabbed one yet? 

Kinda dig it!

here is a cheaper version of it for the one on a budget:

https://www.taiwangun.com/stock/slim-ar15-m4-pdw-stock-black-bd-2?from=listing&campaign-id=19

Also somewhat new producer of MWS parts called Revanchist. Any verdict so far? Are their parts any good? They did a 45 deg selector which could be the next thing for all of us semi-onlys

https://shop.jkarmy.com/revanchist-ambi-selector-45-deg-for-marui-m4-mws-black.html

still impressed by all the incredible improvements being added to this platform in the middle of a pandemic 

3 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

I’ve got one of these coming, though the box has an incorrectly spelt name on it so I wasn’t allowed to pick it up from the service point... now I have to wait until 8th Feb for it to be returned to sender and have the label amended then sent BACK to me again 😒😒 

I’m pretty sure that ATRG guy uses this stock on his urgi build though so maybe he has info on it 

3 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

Looks like an Ugg boot...guess if you like FN SCARs it might be ok 🤣🤣🤣

Here's a thought, with an after market Magpul clone, one may need to be careful with the QD points on the stock perhaps? Are they strong enough to swing a sling off? At least with a real CTR the QD point is rock solid and you can swing anything off it so not worry about your gun dropping off the sling. 

Also this SLK design I'm sure would have had a lot of input/feedback from real world operators no doubt for it to have been manufactured..... It still looks too PTS to me..... but until I see one for real I'll reserve judgement ;)

10 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

Here's a thought, with an after market Magpul clone, one may need to be careful with the QD points on the stock perhaps? Are they strong enough to swing a sling off? At least with a real CTR the QD point is rock solid and you can swing anything off it so not worry about your gun dropping off the sling. 

Also this SLK design I'm sure would have had a lot of input/feedback from real world operators no doubt for it to have been manufactured..... It still looks too PTS to me..... but until I see one for real I'll reserve judgement ;)

I really don't like the look of it but judging by their website it aimed at more compact rifles 10.3" and PDW. Would look out of place on my 14.5 MWS.

Good point about the QD points. I've decided I can't be asked taking off the buffer tube and so I am going to trust my milspec CTR QD point. I am more worried about the buffer tube taking the weight than I am about the sling point breaking. Especially of I sling it asking quickly. Going to use a 1 point sling.

1 hour ago, gunbod007 said:

I really don't like the look of it but judging by their website it aimed at more compact rifles 10.3" and PDW. Would look out of place on my 14.5 MWS.

Good point about the QD points. I've decided I can't be asked taking off the buffer tube and so I am going to trust my milspec CTR QD point. I am more worried about the buffer tube taking the weight than I am about the sling point breaking. Especially of I sling it asking quickly. Going to use a 1 point sling.

Don't use any cheapie QD's....  I wouldn't risk my MWS with them... Fire Support sell the PTS ones... they are pucker... (same as Magpul ones as a matter of fact but 1 inch buckle as opposed to Magpul 1.25")

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/pts-1-qd-sling-swivel

Oh the buffer tube will not snap! Unless you sit on it ;)

6 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

The K version is a lot smaller. the MOE SL is the CTR replacement, the SL-K has no anti wobble built in where the SL does. The K is more along the line of the original MOE with no anti wobble.  

Edit:  the K also has no QD sling mount, like the original MOE. 

I have an SL en route so I will do a comparison with my original MOE and the CTR. 

6 minutes ago, quango2k said:

The K version is a lot smaller. the MOE SL is the CTR replacement, the SL-K has no anti wobble built in where the SL does. The K is more along the line of the original MOE with no anti wobble.  

Edit:  the K also has no QD sling mount, like the original MOE. 

I have an SL en route so I will do a comparison with my original MOE and the CTR. 

All these variants is enough to do ones head in sometimes lol. 

Look forward to the pics fella :) 

I pulled apart my MWS to service the hop/ polish the barrel today out of boredom. And the mod tan in there is shot.

Ive dropped in the Marui standard rubber with the SiXG for now. Not that I can really test but has any one found a better rubber than the mod tan paired with the SiXG nub or is the Tan still the supreme combo still?

Just out of interest, If not ill order another as they are only a tenner plus postage on Bullseye

The modify tan still seems to be the rubber of choice... I have it in mine too... although the original Marui in my opinion is better wearing... would be interesting to hear others opinions....

32 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

The modify tan still seems to be the rubber of choice... I have it in mine too... although the original Marui in my opinion is better wearing... would be interesting to hear others opinions....

I have stock and running .28s have yet to shoot it beyond what my garden will allow. You reckon this sixG nub thing improves the range?

Well, it allows you to use heavier bb’s, which seem to go further. I use Geoff’s .32 and a Modify X bucking with my Six G nub, they go miles - all the way right over there. 

I’d go heavier, but .32 are the heaviest Geoff’s make tracer, and I wanted to use the same weight for both tracer and normal. Costs tend to go up the heavier the ammo as well.

As Captain D has said the sixG brass nub helps you lift heavier bb's.... I tried some 0.4 Geoffs and blimey o'really... but remember range is dependant on power and weight and you cannot defy the laws of physics 

For anyone interested in tracer BBs I have just ordered some ASG Blaster .20s for CQB. They only say "high grade" on the bottle rather than the usual diamond grade but I am sure they go through the same process. I trust ASG but will report back any problems.

15 hours ago, gunbod007 said:

For anyone interested in tracer BBs I have just ordered some ASG Blaster .20s for CQB. They only say "high grade" on the bottle rather than the usual diamond grade but I am sure they go through the same process. I trust ASG but will report back any problems.

I've run ASG .25 tracer bbs in my MWS with no issues at all. I've also used their 0.3 (or might be 0.32, I can't remember) open blasters (biodegradable ones) and had no issues at all. I got my sexiest hit on someone in fact using their open blasters in my MWS.

28 minutes ago, ajumma said:

I've run ASG .25 tracer bbs in my MWS with no issues at all. I've also used their 0.3 (or might be 0.32, I can't remember) open blasters (biodegradable ones) and had no issues at all. I got my sexiest hit on someone in fact using their open blasters in my MWS.

Yeah I wanted .25 but the site I ordered the tracer from didn't have any and for CQB .20 will be faster anyway. Just got this Spitfire tracer everyone is on about

1 hour ago, gunbod007 said:

Yeah I wanted .25 but the site I ordered the tracer from didn't have any and for CQB .20 will be faster anyway. Just got this Spitfire tracer everyone is on about

Ohohoh I saw a video on YouTube of a guy using that tracer on his MWS, it looked so awesome... I’m tempted to pick one up next time I order from an Asian store! Let us know how it looks! Or better yet, show us 

30 minutes ago, ajumma said:

Ohohoh I saw a video on YouTube of a guy using that tracer on his MWS, it looked so awesome... I’m tempted to pick one up next time I order from an Asian store! Let us know how it looks! Or better yet, show us 

I will get a video up tomorrow night.

Here's another photo of my URGI build with the aforementioned Magpul SL-K stock! 

IMO it's superb and suits the smaller 10.3" build with its compact low drag design much better than the CTR. I'd like to compare it with the SL though and see how fits in the middle?

Great write up about the SL and size comparison between all three here.

P.S you can add a QD sling point by fitting a Magpul M-Lok QD point through the sling loop slot, granted its not ambi, but you can't have it all. 👍

https://thereptilehouseblog.com/2021/01/17/review-magpul-moe-sl-stock-review/

As for my MRE I've fitted some obligatory KAC style rail covers which just suit the rail perfectly! 

At the same time I also installed a Wiitech KAC style trigger guard to compliment the test of the Knight's goodies.

Picked up a Vortex Strikefire 2, but then a day later a friend of a friend contacted me regarding a genuine Eotech 551 something I've been looking for to no avail...

A very good price for a rare albeit used holographic sight but its the perfect cherry for this MRE cake! 😂

Updates to follow of course and there's still a few more bits to get, but I'm really pleased with it's progress I just want to get out and bloody use it! 

20201217_135831.jpg

20201217_135700.jpg

20210130_152009.jpg

20210130_152017.jpg

20210130_151139.jpg

@RMDavisLooking at the SL-K on the rifle it actually does work quite nicely... The compact, low profile design does flow well..... I may be warming up to it :D.  Although, I can't understand the move for getting rid of the embedded QD point though.

That reminds me, I must replace the trigger guard on mine too with some more aesthetically pleasing :)

10 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

@RMDavisLooking at the SL-K on the rifle it actually does work quite nicely... The compact, low profile design does flow well..... I may be warming up to it :D.  Although, I can't understand the move for getting rid of the embedded QD point though.

That reminds me, I must replace the trigger guard on mine too with some more aesthetically pleasing :)

I have a spare trigger guard ;)