THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

On 17/07/2020 at 15:38, GrGr said:

Hi All

New on here. First of all, a BIG thank you to Wo1f. You're an absolute legend and I have modded and maintain my MWS based off your posts.

I'd be grateful for a bit of guidance how to improve my TM MWS (v.2) mags. I am currently only getting about 12 shots out of each (using Abbey's gas with lubricant), and I had them for just a year. I assume I need to take them apart and put silicone oil on all seals. I'm planning to follow BadaBing's now somewhat dated instruction video about this. However, could you guys offer any other useful guidance? E.g. do the mags require any internal cleaning?

Also:

1. Any suggestions for a good valve key? Looks like the specific one for MWS (here: https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/gp-valve-key-for-marui-mws-gbb) is pricey and out of stock.

2. Is there any value in putting PTFE tape on the valves?

3. Has anyone tried any upgrades for the v.2 mags that they can recommend? E.g.:

- Laylax's injection valve: https://eagle6.co.uk/shop/catalog/product/view/id/575/s/laylax-nineball-magazine-gas-injection-valve-set-black-for-all-gas-series/

- Laylax's high flow valve: https://eagle6.co.uk/shop/catalog/product/view/id/511/s/laylax-nineball-magazine-high-flow-bullet-valve-neo-for-m4a1-m1911a1-hi-capa-fn5-7-gas-blowback-series/ ?

4. Has anyone found that Abbey's high pressure gas (Brut) causes the mags to leak? This gas has has no silicone oil, so I tried putting a drop on the valve before putting in the gas, but this seems to only waste the silicone oil.

5. Would silicone grease work better on the valves and seals than silicone oil?

Many thanks in advance.

Greg

1 . You don´t need specify key . I have element brand about 12€ and it´s ok.

2.  The best form to avoid leak it´s good o-ring. If you put PTFE it´s only a solution short-middly time.

3.  Nope and it´s not neccesary. Great quality stock parts.

4.  I use gas without oil silicone and it´s better to avoid oil in hop up rubber and barrel but need more maintenance for you

5.  Grease : gear and others parts hard movement , oil : tiny parts and parts with springs.

I play places where I have to use about 2j and others where I have to be under 1.69j. Another Precision Inner Barrel 6,03 has been ordered, but I would like the opportunity to adjust exactly as I can on my WE. as it is the easiest solution to not shoot too hot but still be close to max Joule

Which type of (npas) is best, which one do you recommend,?

NPAS KIT FOR TOKYO MARUI MWS GBB RA-TECH

Angry Gun Enhanced Drop In Complete MPA Nozzle Set for Marui MWS M4

G&P MARUI MWS CNC ADJUSTABLE POWER NOZZLE

If it is G&P which one (number) is right one for the desired joule?

Thanks.. :)

8 minutes ago, occidio said:

I play places where I have to use about 2j and others where I have to be under 1.69j. Another Precision Inner Barrel 6,03 has been ordered, but I would like the opportunity to adjust exactly as I can on my WE. as it is the easiest solution to not shoot too hot but still be close to max Joule

Which type of (npas) is best, which one do you recommend,?

NPAS KIT FOR TOKYO MARUI MWS GBB RA-TECH

Angry Gun Enhanced Drop In Complete MPA Nozzle Set for Marui MWS M4

G&P MARUI MWS CNC ADJUSTABLE POWER NOZZLE

If it is G&P which one (number) is right one for the desired joule?

Thanks.. :)

best option it´s G&P i know that 3.5 it´s perfect to 1.14J but these joules.... no idea

17 minutes ago, ice666m said:

Why change inlet valve ¿?

38 minutes ago, marine said:

best option it´s G&P i know that 3.5 it´s perfect to 1.14J but these joules.... no idea

Why change inlet valve ¿?

have trouble getting propane in mine mag

2 hours ago, ice666m said:

have trouble getting propane in mine mag

I tried those with my AI propane adaptor and MWS mags....still didn't fill them :( 

Gave up and spent the £££ I would have thrown away "solving" the problem buying green gas in bundles :) 

3 hours ago, ice666m said:

Yes I've got some, they sit further into the magazine though, I believe they have silent fill o rings as well - I prefer the originals filled with an ai adapter best though. I think a lot of people struggle to fill their mags because they are not pressing hard enough as the fill valve spring is quite firm and most adapters and bottles have a weak spring so they press gently till they hear gas and it is not enough to open the fill valve. One second fills - about ten of them and your done!

16 hours ago, marine said:

My field limit is 420 fps with 0.2 at 1.7 joules. My gun currently is shooting way too hot at 460 fps . Which g&p naps would be better? I saw that the 4.5 and 5.0 version is for inner barrel 280-370mm and 370 plus. 

Edited by Sy87

19 hours ago, marine said:

Dont the "G&P have 3 power settings? 1.14j is that on the low or hi setting?

On 19/07/2020 at 21:37, Uncle Pauly said:

Don't worry Dave, I have another one - exactly the same spec 😁

PS: the above listing is now sold. Which means another member of the MWS clan is now incoming...

Just back again 😬!what-if-i-told-you-ive-always-been-here.jpg.1d96b01513ed107a11e132200587e49c.jpg

On 16/07/2020 at 21:39, GregArm said:

Thank you. I ordered HSB from Dave today.  Now I'm looking for a UAC bolt.

I have a Dynamic Prec. one for sale but if my mind serves me well UAC=DP 

On 11/03/2018 at 13:02, Wo1f said:

The ORGA barrel is brass and is cut like the original hop window. It has a very nice crown and the internal finish is very nice. This barrel went into the DMR MWS i had, before replacing it with a 410MM (Exactly the same barrel, but longer.) Ive found this barrel to be nice and accurate, but the standard barrel is nice enough. Performance increase is there, but its not a drastic change. Due to the length of 370mm this WILL NOT FIT the CQBR. Below is a maple leaf and an ORGA barrel. They look VERY similar, but the alignment cuts are about .5mm off spec. You can force the hop chamber closed, but this has the potential to create inconsistencies so personally I'd avoid.

IMG_3989_zpsmskbcbu5.jpg

Should it be understood as that ML barrel does not fit in and is .5mm off?

4 hours ago, occidio said:

Should it be understood as that ML barrel does not fit in and is .5mm off?

Might have just been that one was off spec. I know crazy jets fit in nicely as a friend has one in his. 

I am wondering how accurate you guys can shoot at around 62 meter / 200 feet on a man sized target? I tested out my mws yesterday with 0.32 g bb shooting 370 fps, I was able to hit a trash can 6 times out of 10. The missed shots curved at the end of the flight path. I am not sure if it’s because of cross wind or inconsistency in my hop up / bb chambering by the bolt. 

9 hours ago, Davegolf said:

You need to rule out wind for sure.

And note if they are generally curving vertically up/down or laterally left/right

Was curving right and sometimes left. I did feel a breeze during shooting. Vertical deviation seems not too bad. I have my hop set as flat of a trajectory as I can , so bb doesn’t rise at the end of flight path. 

I am also wondering how I can with my guns insane joule creep. The field I play at allows 420fps /1.7 joules with 0.2bb , but they also chrono your fun with the bb weight that you will be playing with. My gun shoots 422 with 0.2bb but 370 with 0.32... , so I tried 0.36g and it shoots 358. 😫

Finally got mine before the weekend and inbetween moving gotten it up and running as much as can with current parts. Need some M-LOK rail segments for light/dbal combo. DBAL filling my lower 1/3rd though so that's great fun. Probably end up going back to a PEQ15 to get around the issue. 

Still waiting for a new stock and a handgrip but other than that it's more or less complete. Contemplating a front sight but honestly with the short dot setup it does not make to much sense as no space in the rear for a rear one.  Just a dash of MCTP paintjob once the weather gives a nice weekend and it's more or less ready for the season.
spacer.png

Guest Airsoft J2

My MWS adventures have continued - I'm still loving it.

The latest excitement has been learning to strip the upper right down and access the hop unit in order to swap out the the hub nub to the SixG brass nub.

I should say that fitting a new rail and pistol grip is as far as my tech skills have previously evolved , so I was a bit worried about screwing up. But, thanks to the superbly instructive videos from Eagle 6, it was actually pretty straightforward. My M4 wrench doesn't fit the TM barrel nut especially well so my main lesson is to get the proper tool but other than that, it all went back together and seems to shoot just fine. My garden is too small to test it properly so it'll be mid-August before I find out how much of an improvement it is.

I've also swapped to an angry gun adjustable nozzle and an extra bolt assembly. I've now got two different bolt carrier assemblies - one which is stock  spec for CQB and then this adjustable one which has a bit more heft to it. When combined with the heavy buffer, the amount of recoil is magnificent and it's super fun. I've got this at 1.25 joules for MilSim games.

Anyway - if anyone's on the fence about getting one - do. And if you're worried that doing mods is beyond you, it's not. If you can manage Ikea assembly, just take it easy and you'll be fine. Just buy a proper TM wrench!

4 hours ago, Sy87 said:

Was curving right and sometimes left. I did feel a breeze during shooting. Vertical deviation seems not too bad. I have my hop set as flat of a trajectory as I can , so bb doesn’t rise at the end of flight path. 

I am also wondering how I can with my guns insane joule creep. The field I play at allows 420fps /1.7 joules with 0.2bb , but they also chrono your fun with the bb weight that you will be playing with. My gun shoots 422 with 0.2bb but 370 with 0.32... , so I tried 0.36g and it shoots 358. 😫

Youll just have to wind the power down, it's a big advantage the joule creep, and if your engagements are mostly 50+M then you want 0.36s in that.

Good thing is your vertical deviation is a misnomer.

At 60M even a light breeze will curl a BB of course.

Also trigger discipline is a big thing. 😉

3 hours ago, AngryDad223 said:

Does anyone here run a 'suppressor' i know they make a tiny difference generally speaking but something to calm the report down to people at a slight distance?  i find every time i engage they know to look my way lol (woodland setting)

The main problem is the most of the sound comes out from the ejector,in case if you make some modification on the dust cover and you seal it properly  can make sense...maybe..

5 hours ago, Davegolf said:

Youll just have to wind the power down, it's a big advantage the joule creep, and if your engagements are mostly 50+M then you want 0.36s in that.

Good thing is your vertical deviation is a misnomer.

At 60M even a light breeze will curl a BB of course.

Also trigger discipline is a big thing. 😉

Thanks for the feedback:) My trigger discipline needs work for sure lol. I was testing 0.36 today and the consistency was very good (able to hit a head sized object quite frequently at 145 feet). I might end up using 0.36 but it cost much more lol.... Good thing its not a spray and pray AEG. As for winding down the power, I am thinking of getting a NPAS. I am just wondering if you have any experience with the G&P npas nozzles as it has so many model variances. I am thinking of getting the 4.5 or 5.0 model as it is speced for 280-370mm and 370 and up barrels.

11 hours ago, AngryDad223 said:

Does anyone here run a 'suppressor' i know they make a tiny difference generally speaking but something to calm the report down to people at a slight distance?  i find every time i engage they know to look my way lol (woodland setting)

A suppressor does work for sure.

The quietest setup I found was;

330fps

UAC light bolt

Suppressor

HSB

As @P4radox said, a lot of noise comes from the blowback/Recoil.

This is reduced when there is less work (gas pressure) required to cycle the bolt.

You are also making the whole cycle faster so harder to locate.

I have actually engaged many enemies under 30M like that.

Time between shots, and shooting when other noises happen elsewhere to cover your report are good practice too 

Also worthy of note, I find heavier BBs leave quieter! 🤷🏽‍♂️

6 hours ago, Sy87 said:

I am just wondering if you have any experience with the G&P npas nozzles as it has so many model variances. I am thinking of getting the 4.5 or 5.0 model as it is speced for 280-370mm and 370 and up barrels.

Yeah, I’d also like to know - can’t find any info on these products through the vendors selling them. Yet, I’d rather test one of mysterious G&Ps than RA-tech ( which I have only had bad experiences with in other replicas ) 

only in Airsoft where there is so much myth and lack of info regarding products. In the end - I just want a modification to make my MWS safe for fielding. 

anyway - I’ll send an email to Redwolf and ask regarding G&P npas. They might know more than what they write on the product page.