THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

22 hours ago, RobHedley said:

Hi guys,

Just a quick NPAS question. I am fitting an NPAS to the DMR MWS and after stripping the BCG and removing the stock valve, I dropped the RA-Tech NPAS in with its return spring in place. When I push it forwards with a screw driver (from the back of the valve) it gets stuck in the nozzle due to a tight fit. I removed it and measured the diameter with digital callipers.

The diameter of the original TM valve was 6.98mm however the NPAS measures at 7.30 so there lies the problem. It’s just too fat.

has anyone else seen this and do you have to sand it down to fit better? I worry about creating air leaks if I start sanding down the outside diameter! 

I had this issue (before I finally tracked down the black one that drops straight in!) All I did was use some fine grit wet&dry and clamping the NPAS in the drill chuck *carefully* sanded it down. Go slow and keep checking the diameter!

Hey guys, so I watched @Bada Bing's beautiful MTR-16 review and caved in and bought one. First post here.

I was so impressed with the performance I decided to make a montage of a day's worth of gameplay with it. 😀

It's not your typical gameplay and any sort of feedback or support would be greatly appreciated. If this isn't allowed let me know.

I've put about 3000 rounds through the MTR-16 so far and it's running strong. I had to shave down the trigger guard to get the Ace 1 Arms PMAGs to fit, and they had a rough break in period where they would jam the gun every half dozen mags or so and eventually the locking lugs of my Angry Gun NPAS nozzle broke off (Thankfully somehow still working!). The gun itself is fantastic, no complaints. It gets tons of compliments on the field every time I take it out, and people love shooting it. I have only upgraded the buffer to a G&P adjustable one, used the Angry Gun NPAS nozzle for FPS adjustment, and fitted a Maple Leaf MR Hop bucking for that sweet sweet range. Surprisingly it out-ranges most AEGs on the field even at the same joule level.

I also tried the TNT bucking but that one was just not consistent enough for my liking, there was a break-in period of 500 rounds where it just kept hooking left and right and I couldn't deal with the lateral inconsistency. So I went back to my Maple Leaf MR Hop and it's been serving me faithfully since. The strange thing about the TNT bucking is that it has better vertical consistency than the Maple Leaf MR Hop, but worse lateral deviation. The MR Hop has better lateral deviation and slightly worse vertical dispersion, though the overall grouping favors the MR Hop because vertical dispersion is easier to adjust than lateral. Not surprisingly, inner barrel length or diameter has very little effect, if any, on my MTR. I used a Maple Leaf 410mm inner barrel and it did raise the joules quite a bit, but effect on either accuracy or range was negligible. I'm fairly certain 90% of the accuracy comes from having good tolerances with no wobbly parts, consistent gas output, and a really good bucking/nub combo. I prefer the stock barrel because I don't want insane joule creep.

I've also upgraded to propane and noticed it doesn't smell half bad. I'm used to smelly smells (mostly from fermented Korean food). 

Oh and the best part - my MTR-16 G Edition did not come with red loctite on the barrel nut (though there was red loctite on the handguard screw threads). Strange! And quite thankful. I can strip it down to the upper and chamber in a matter of minutes without having to exert enough pressure to crush carbon into diamonds.

I do have one issue with it - on the stock bucking and TNT bucking, the gun has no issue dumping a full mag accurately on full auto. However, on the MR Hop, the gun will shoot a few BBs fine, then a couple BBs will drop out of the end of the barrel with 0 hop. Basically my spray pattern is a mix of straight BBs and dropping BBs. I'm 99% sure it's the Maple Leaf MR Hop bucking but I don't use it on full auto enough to warrant changing anything yet. It could also be because I'm using a 70 degree bucking at 1.2-1.4 joules which is a little bit harder than most people would use. Maybe I will remove the metal bucking stabilizing ring and see if that has any effect.

I can't wait for what TM has in store for their AK GBBR on July 17th when they'll finally reveal it.

8 hours ago, JUSTICE_RAINS said:

Hey guys, so I watched @Bada Bing's beautiful MTR-16 review and caved in and bought one. First post here.

I was so impressed with the performance I decided to make a montage of a day's worth of gameplay with it. 😀

Michael Scott is my spirit animal 😆

And your video has taken me to a place I’ve never been before. Glad you’re loving the MTR-16!

3 hours ago, Davegolf said:

Poor ol' CQBR!

Yes but the fugly CQBR caterpillar has emerged from her chrysalis to become a beautiful 9.3" BCM urgi!

On 18/06/2020 at 17:35, Wild Weasel said:

Perfect magpul bad lever for me then, thanks.

Works like a bought one, had to wind out the buffer tube two turns but definitely worth the chew, Cheers!

After reading most of this thread I've decided to take the plunge and buy one.

I've got a question though ive got a el cheapo £20 pinty sight spare will ot be ok with the recoil or will I loose the zero pretty quickly?

I dont mind paying a bit more for something that will keep its zero.  

Thanks.

On 12/07/2020 at 09:51, Wild Weasel said:

It's about time, just thought I'd share my current setup.IMG_20200712_094632.thumb.jpg.af819c0529922e3c401e4615552af7b1.jpg

Got a ginger one of these spare if anybody needs one? - ('nade not included.)IMG_20200712_095335.thumb.jpg.089a1d4a641ac5db310087fa1936c2a6.jpg

Looks awesome mate!

My own 9.3" URGI is nearly complete albeit an all black version. 

Got a stack of parts to fit onto my CQBR, just waiting on the HAO Industries URGI rail which should be arriving this week...

Bar a few accessories etc it's nearly there! 

Will post up some photos once the rail has been fitted. 👍

9 hours ago, Davegolf said:

Can you guess what it is (going to be) yet? :)

IMG_4954.JPG

Mk18

1 hour ago, Eenthuncob said:

After reading most of this thread I've decided to take the plunge and buy one.

I've got a question though ive got a el cheapo £20 pinty sight spare will ot be ok with the recoil or will I loose the zero pretty quickly?

I dont mind paying a bit more for something that will keep its zero.  

Thanks.

The Recoil really isn't that harsh, if at least give it a punt.

ACM sights are so hit-n-miss (excuse the pun) it might be just fine.

10 hours ago, Davegolf said:

Can you guess what it is (going to be) yet? :)

IMG_4954.JPG

Ohhhh, I need a 12inch rail for one of my builds.... Is this the madbull one?

You can cook the rails in the oven to change their colour slightly. My mate did it to his mws mk18

1 hour ago, AlphaBear said:

Ohhhh, I need a 12inch rail for one of my builds.... Is this the madbull one?

Yes its the Madbull one, nicely made, you need to drill through the bolt ring if you want to retain a dummy gas tube though.

2 hours ago, Wo1f said:

Mk18

Actually going for a bigger gun, aiming for a MK12 Mod 3 if you will, i notice Daniel Defense and BCM sell these and are in use in theatre.

Heres a mock up - need a higher scope mount and to sort the 18" barrel out properly.

IMG_4959.JPG

Oh if anyone has a spare original MWS M4A1 barrel they dont want please DM me ;)

37 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

Yes its the Madbull one, nicely made, you need to drill through the bolt ring if you want to retain a dummy gas tube though.

Actually going for a bigger gun, aiming for a MK12 Mod 3 if you will, i notice Daniel Defense and BCM sell these and are in use in theatre.

Heres a mock up - need a higher scope mount and to sort the 18" barrel out properly.

IMG_4959.JPG

Oh if anyone has a spare original MWS M4A1 barrel they dont want please DM me ;)

Whats happened with the cocking handle brada'?😂

@Davegolf Nice! Love me a DMR. I might have a barrel laying around somewhere. I’ll let you know. 

4 hours ago, RMDavis said:

Looks awesome mate!

My own 9.3" URGI is nearly complete albeit an all black version. 

Got a stack of parts to fit onto my CQBR, just waiting on the HAO Industries URGI rail which should be arriving this week...

Bar a few accessories etc it's nearly there! 

Will post up some photos once the rail has been fitted. 👍

Go easy on the Hao barrel nut as if you round out the tightening holes it makes it very hard to get on and off- mine is solid to get off.

Additionally check the brass barrel adapter to make sure the flange of the outer barrel is proud or flush to the brass before tightening up else you will be in for some wobble.  I put the back flat of the adapter flat on the side of a bench grinder and took off 0.5mm to get it right as I couldn't get any barrel shims to fit.

Good luck with it and pics once complete please!

I want longer range, my GHK goes just below 2joules (450fps) and has significantly longer range than my TM with about 1.4joules (390fps) on a hot day and 1.1joules (340) on a normal day 20C Desired joule 2 (fps 450) with the option to turn down.

I use 0.43g bb or 0.36g What parts should I buy?

Does it give extra wear, or is it just a "gas pressure" ?

Will gas efficiency be much worse?