Sign in to follow this  
Noah123

How to increase the range of a Nuprol Delta Recon

i would like to get a little more range out of my aeg and i was wondering whats the best thing to upgrade to do this.

Edited by Jedi_Master
Better title description

First clean your barrel/bucking

then use a heavier weight bb, say 0.25 upto a max of 0.28-0.3's (they get a lot more expensive, and the benifits are minimal on 350fps)

then an upgrade your hop rubber (I personally like g&g green or a tm rubber)

then look into hop units/barrels etc etc

why this order ... simplicity and cheapness 

What sp00n says is correct and the easiest/cheapest/best way to start.

Out of interest what AEG is this in regards to? What FPS is it currently? Is it stock?

For the most part, it's no different to a real firearm:

Good weapon maintenance, and high quality ammunition.

Once you've got that out of the way, the main component that controls range is your hop system. A good hop rubber - TM especially - will give you a small boost to range. Get those things out of the way first before you start looking into things like cylinder upgrades, tightbore barrels and the like.

21 minutes ago, Noah123 said:

I have the Nuprol Delta Recon Alpha and it shoots 330 to 340 fps with hop set on with .20 bbs.

OK, so when you say you want more range, how far do you expect it to shoot? Realistically?

See I personally wouldn't spend anymore upgrading the delta, I'd save my money and buy a higher end gun.

To get the most out of your gun, sp00ns advice is best.

You don't want to be spending fortunes on a cheap gun.

2 hours ago, Noah123 said:

I have the Nuprol Delta Recon Alpha and it shoots 330 to 340 fps with hop set on with .20 bbs.

Without a doubt the best (easily reversible steps) to take to try and get better range is to up the weight of your Beebs and change your rubber.

At least .25s. But try .28s. 

And replace the hop rubber for a Prometheus Purple.

Eagle6 sell the purple rubber for £8.98, so it's cheap enough to be a no-brainer and it's dead easy to change... And even of the gain is small in your rifle, it'll be better than the stock Rubber.

https://eagle6.co.uk/shop/catalog/product/view/id/318/s/laylax-prometheus-hop-up-rubber-nub-soft-purple/

Thanks for the help. i mean it shoots really nice and i have out ranged people on the field quite a few times i was just wondering if i could get it that step further

5 hours ago, Prisce said:

See I personally wouldn't spend anymore upgrading the delta, I'd save my money and buy a higher end gun.

To get the most out of your gun, sp00ns advice is best.

You don't want to be spending fortunes on a cheap gun.

thanks for the advice but i would not consider £215 a cheap gun i know there are alot more expensive guns on the market but there are also alot more cheaper guns.