What have you just 3d printed (for airsoft)

sp00n

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

i got lucky, my youngest son has been hounding my missus for a 3D printer for the last 6 months (he's obsessed with the idea of making his own table-top games and scenery - he's only 8 bless him), so when they were on offer via the Creality website to coincide with Amazon's prime day, she couldn't really say no.

YES this ! If you can dump a sneaky purchase on the kids your in like a greased ferret !

• 2 years later...

Dropped of of my mags and broke the feed lip. I've ordered a couple of spares but I found a file on Thingiverse - here - so printed one. It fits and feeds ok but the pusher doesn't go up fully to hold open the slide on mag empty. 

I'll give it a little fettle and see how it goes.20240208_115153.1.thumb.jpg.b2bbf8db9d56a0f1e5bae138da76de9f.jpg

Oh. Oh dear. 

For years i've had a thing for the Welrod. You know, the sneaky bastard WW2 assassins' gun. 

The boy got a creality for Christmas and has been getting to grips with it and i've just discovered that a cheap n nasty springer can be fitted into a 3d printed shell for a springy welrod....has to be my next project. On top of the other 30,000 jobs i have to do. :D 

1 minute ago, Egon_247 said:

Oh. Oh dear. 

For years i've had a thing for the Welrod. You know, the sneaky bastard WW2 assassins' gun. 

The boy got a creality for Christmas and has been getting to grips with it and i've just discovered that a cheap n nasty springer can be fitted into a 3d printed shell for a springy welrod....has to be my next project. On top of the other 30,000 jobs i have to do. :D 

Definitely needa full build thread of its own. 😁

2 minutes ago, DanBow said:

Definitely needa full build thread of its own. 😁

I was hoping there was one for the aap01 that ive fired ten round through and didnt like it. :D 

GBB welrod mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. :o 

oh. bugger....

1876206193_Photo25-01-2023091841.png.9092b34c2a642e101ef47d10b1bdd7a8.png

Fully working and assembled barring a few bolts, outer barrel and slide release. Lovely and snappy. Looks a bit blank at the mo but by the time I have the sliding stock done it should look a little less barren

DSC_3519.JPG

Edited by HuttArmouries

• 2 weeks later...

So i recently picked up a tokyo marui type 89 gbbr and I love it but ive seen multiple people have the nozzles eat themselves using green gas and heavy bbs and even some nozzle issues in japan with the correct gas. Given that spare nozzles for it are basically unavailable and I dont like  running guns I cant get spares for ive started modeling spare nozzles for it. first test is printing now. It will no doubt require tollerancing and tweaking before it works but its a good start. And yes I did forget to put the slope on the very tip of it for feeding bbs XD. Ill put it in with a file for this version and fix it for later tests 

Capture.PNG

Edited by HuttArmouries

Impressive modelling.

What material do you use?

Have you tried vapour or dipping for smoothing parts?

Edited by EDcase

3 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Impressive modelling.

What will you make it with and what material?

Ill be making the test versions in pla until I have all the sizes right and then im going to experiment with pla+ and  petg for the final parts. For my personal use I am happy to change parts every now and again so if it lasts a couple of skirmish days im happy. I might start selling them however in the distant future so I need to be sure they will survive for a good long time on greengas. Not sure how many people have these guns. 

Edited by HuttArmouries

1 hour ago, EDcase said:

Impressive modelling.

What material do you use?

Have you tried vapour or dipping for smoothing parts?

Didnt see the bit about vapour dipping. Not tried it yet but not yet had a print that wasnt clean enough to work as is so far. 

Sorry I wasn't clear.  Its vapour smoothing OR dipping.

The problem with vapour is getting even coverage (as the vapour is heavier than air and settles) and knowing when to stop.

Apparently dipping directly in Isopropyl?/acetone is a method that can result in more even smoothing but does need quite a lot in a tub. (Can be reused for this purpose)

Can obviously be repeated to smooth more.

Edited by EDcase

1 hour ago, EDcase said:

Sorry I wasn't clear.  Its vapour smoothing OR dipping.

The problem with vapour is getting even coverage (as the vapour is heavier than air and settles) and knowing when to stop.

Apparently dipping directly in Isopropyl?/acetone is a method that can result in more even smoothing but does need quite a lot in a tub. (Can be reused for this purpose)

Can obviously be repeated to smooth more.

Ah ok. yeah I have seen that done but generally when im making mechanical parts the end measurements would be a little too.... random? I guess if I did that. Like im not sure how repeatable it would be to .1 of a mm For aesthetic parts sure. 

Yeah that's true. I guess you don't want to round off precision corners 😉

What about UV cured resin for added strength and smoothness to the nozzle?

17 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Yeah that's true. I guess you don't want to round off precision corners 😉

What about UV cured resin for added strength and smoothness to the nozzle?

Uv resin tends to be quite brittle and not very impact resistant. It would also add significantly to the size of the part and again mess up the tolerances. Besides apart from a cuple of overhangs the fdm prints Im getting are more than smooth enough for the intended purpose 

Just bought "fulcrum"s cap gun powered grenade. The boy is on it as I'm at work (AT work, not doing a lot, should have brought a broken AEG with me!) So hopefully it'll be printed by the time I get home. 👍😁

Had this printed for me. 

But the correct simrad rail for the British L115A3 sniper rifle. 

Spent ages smoothing it down, as was made from mfj. 

Then painted it to look metal. 

pixlr_20240225152922315.jpg

pixlr_20240225152705870.jpg

14 hours ago, Darkmikey22 said:

Had this printed for me. 

But the correct simrad rail for the British L115A3 sniper rifle. 

Spent ages smoothing it down, as was made from mfj. 

Then painted it to look metal. 

What goes on that then?

nomnomnom thats sexyyyyyyyyy. :)