CQB Gun Attachments

i3666

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I recently got one of these for CQB - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Tactical-Holographic-Reflex-Red-Green-Dot-Scope-4-Reticle-Red-Laser-Sight-/111677290439?hash=item1a007c37c7:g:89oAAOSwrklVSId8

It's a sight with integrated laser. I have no idea if it's realistic or has a real steel equivalent, but it look rather cool on an MP5 PDW with limited rail space! It also came with a tail cap for the laser, so I remove the remote switch if I'm outdoors and not using the laser. Although to be honest, the laser is mostly for coolness factor. I find it either gives away my position or warns people that I'm aiming at them - so I don't use it much!

Then I just run a separate LED torch which was cheap and cheerful off eBay but does the job! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UltraFire-Tactical-WF-501B-CREE-R5-LED-1Mode-Flashlight-Torch-Mount-Switch-Set-/261174307295?hash=item3ccf33a9df:g:0J0AAOxyD5pRKIlm

That does me - the sight doesn't take up too much space and the torch is easily removed if I don't need it.

• Head Moderator

Having a flashlight is a double edged sword but I prefer to have it mounted in case I want to use it, and under the barrel is not an obstruction. I do like the strobe effect.

Unlike ImTriggerHappy, who is a speed ninja in the dark :ph34r:, I like to see where I am going so also carry a green filter flashlight in pocket or pouch.

• Supporters

Jedi_master, the human eye can determine more shades of green than any other colour, as a 'covert' light green is probably the worst possible colour you can use!

i3666, I wouldn't recommend a laser, really they're not all that useful at all in 99% of situations. Get a decent bright LED torch with pressure pad (ultrafire make really bright ones for very low prices) and a tracer unit, B&T make a pretty servicable one, but Tokyo Marui make arguably the best tracer unit available. For Strikeforce the B&T one will be more than good enough as you can't go fully auto anyway.

• Head Moderator

Whether I use red or green light it will show up in the dark, but less so than white light, and preserves some night vision. Just happens that I have a green filter on my old mini Maglite, which I using for map reading over using red filter. Always a balance between staying covert or falling over / hitting something, and I do not bounce as well as I used to.

EDIT: I do not use blue lights as the marshals at UCAP have that colour to ID then as non-targets.

• Supporters

tracer unit, B&T make a pretty servicable one, but Tokyo Marui make arguably the best tracer unit available. For Strikeforce the B&T one will be more than good enough as you can't go fully auto anyway.

Xcortech XT501 is just as good as the Marui and slightly cheaper.

If your clusmy though I would go for the B&T it stands up to getting whacked a bit better and is pretty good for the price.

• Supporters

Does the B&T work if the inner barrel exceeds the outer barrel threads by up to 12mm?

When I used mine with my AKs74u with the flash hider off, the barrel obscured the sensor. But then it did stick out nearer to an inch. So I cut the end of the barrel (cue posts banging on about crowning and needing a lathe), works fine now.

• Supporters

When I used mine with my AKs74u with the flash hider off, the barrel obscured the sensor. But then it did stick out nearer to an inch. So I cut the end of the barrel (cue posts banging on about crowning and needing a lathe), works fine now.

Bloody heathen 😢

If you do want it tidying up though bring it to me at work and I will do it for you.

Mates rates i.e free.

• Supporters

Bloody heathen

If you do want it tidying up though bring it to me at work and I will do it for you.

Mates rates i.e free.

Thanks for the offer!

Probably going to get a TBB the right length when I can afford it/be bothered to take it apart. Contrary to popular belief it's made f*ck all difference to the accuracy, mostly because the barrel is so short it struggled to hit the side of a barn at 10 paces anyway (so the perfect gun for a wannabe stormtrooper like me ;) )

• Moderators

For me, just a torch mounted to the side so I can turn on with thumb, have a pressure pad but not fitted it...still playing with set up....

Forgot name at time of writing but it has 15 modes you can select, was annoying so soldered it for high only....800lumens!!!....bit bright so white filter fitted to spread the love...I mean light

Cqb for me is just my pistol with a torch under it.

Normal play/urban involves a rifle with a torch to one side, a peq laser on the other, a grip on the bottom and a tracer unit. Oh, and an acog......i love a good attachment or five! Haha the acog is mainly because it looks cool, and the peq with laser is to hold my batter as it wont fit in the handguard anymore.

It may be a case of trial and error, maybe ask to borrow something for a game and see how it works for you?

Cqb for me is just my pistol with a torch under it.

Normal play/urban involves a rifle with a torch to one side, a peq laser on the other, a grip on the bottom and a tracer unit. Oh, and an acog......i love a good attachment or five! Haha the acog is mainly because it looks cool, and the peq with laser is to hold my batter as it wont fit in the handguard anymore.

It may be a case of trial and error, maybe ask to borrow something for a game and see how it works for you?

Or do what we all do and just keep buy till u find one u like then buy some more anyway.

Exactly K@rl! Lol

i3666 i will say that you can never worry about buying too much eye pro to get one thats best for you. When you get shot in the face and see them all bounce off (through tears of fear and prayers that it works) its so relieving hahaha

For me, just a torch mounted to the side so I can turn on with thumb, have a pressure pad but not fitted it...still playing with set up....

Forgot name at time of writing but it has 15 modes you can select, was annoying so soldered it for high only....800lumens!!!....bit bright so white filter fitted to spread the love...I mean light

How do you do that? Not really electrically minded but have soldered before and always willing to have a go.

• Moderators

How do you do that? Not really electrically minded but have soldered before and always willing to have a go.

The torch I have is the XTAR TZ20, just looked, it has some contacts behind the bulb, just used liquid solder to join them.....last time I tried I burnt out an LED and get frustrated!

Got it with the rail mount and pressure pad, normal mode was strobe, SOS, low mid high, you then solder the contacts to give you 15 different modes, I wanted mid only but wouldn't do it on its own....so the sun it is!

Not sure about others be honest, may have similar contacts somewhere?

Would i have to make sure it was on the one I wanted wen I solder it? Goin to buy a cheap torch to try it on befor I do proper one.

• Moderators

not sure how others work tbh, one of mine I couldn't do it with, google the one I have or the instructions as the ones you get are as useful as a chocolate teapot and you'll see what I mean....liquid solder was perfect!

I just use a red dot sight with an under fixed led lenser torch that doesn't get used much...

I love when other people use lasers, tracers and torches it gives me a target to shoot at in the dark and

It means I don't need to use mine giving my position away.

Imop anything that gives your position away is a waste of time.

I know exactly where my bbs are going in the pitch black, exactly where my red dot is focused so I don't need tracers or other jazzy flashy stuff.

What type of sight is best for cqb? I presume a Holographic sight (like the Eotech replica) - correct?

As always, it might not be everyones preference to choose not to use irons, but generally speaking is a Holographic sight best?

Thanks

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.