Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

1 minute ago, _K4MF_ said:

I'll just leave this here....

I was premature clicking the submit button 😅

3 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Dunno if the price is sensible

£30 brand new, in that condition I’d pay a tenner, £15 max personally. Did make me double check when I read it saying excellent condition with the screws looking like they came out of WWI

4 minutes ago, Mr Dellski said:

Oh no, ok, my bad, was sitting there doing loads of stuff I found in the drawer.

Will amend Accordingly 👍🏻 

15 you say.. then that is what it will be.

Fair play to ya fella 👍 

8 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Fair play to ya fella 👍 

Was on a bit of a roll earlier with all those Magpul bits and pieces and just copied and pasted from the FDE one I also popped on there.

That’ll learn me to pay more attention. 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

Not the sort to try and pull fast ones on peeps anywhere!

Thank you guys for pulling my attention to my post 👍🏻 

Edited by Mr Dellski

3 minutes ago, Mr Dellski said:

Was on a bit of a roll earlier with all those Magpul bits and pieces and just copied and pasted from the FDE one I also popped on there.

That’ll learn me to pay more attention. 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

Not the sort to try and pull fast ones on peeps anywhere!

Thank you guys for pulling my attention to my post 👍🏻 

Props to you man! By no means the worst thing in Mack’s 😂

Just now, JinxDuh said:

Props to you man! By no means the worst thing in Mack’s 😂

I’ve not had a proper look over that section yet.. sounds like there might be some right old horror stories in there 😝

7 minutes ago, Mr Dellski said:

there might be some right old horror stories in there 😝

There are, and hilarious examples of lesser people not doing what you did but digging their heels in...some of those I would expect to show up in /aita threads on Reddit 

9 minutes ago, Mr Dellski said:

sounds like there might be some right old horror stories in there

Many...

9 minutes ago, gavinkempsell said:

Many...

Going to have to take some time and have a look over that. Sounds like it’ll be an eye opener…

13 hours ago, Mr Dellski said:

Going to have to take some time and have a look over that. Sounds like it’ll be an eye opener…

It's all props to Mack's rally for most of my understanding of the Airsoft 2nd market, which many others with other crippling expensive hobbies will say is probably a microcosm of most hobby 2nd hand markets....

19 hours ago, Mr Dellski said:

Thank you guys for pulling my attention to my post

No worries. The fact you've taken onboard what's been posted and adjusted the price accordingly shows you're not an arse. Far too often the poster digs their heels in and refuse to accept any criticism and wonder why their trashed pos gun (usually listed 'as new') won't sell for the same as new

5 hours ago, Jaylordofwaargh said:

It's all props to Mack's rally for most of my understanding of the Airsoft 2nd market, which many others with other crippling expensive hobbies will say is probably a microcosm of most hobby 2nd hand markets....

Same here. It also makes me avoid airsofthub and used airsoft as they're both a hotbed of overpriced tat

https://www.usedairsoft.co.uk/two-tone-replicas/cyma-cm-706-sniper-rifle_i57448

70% of retail for a two-tone. That's optimistic.

https://www.usedairsoft.co.uk/two-tone-replicas/electric-powered_1/sa-c22_i57484

It looks like our old friend still hasn't heeded advice that he is is mislabelling his gun as something by Specna Arms despite numerous people pointing out with evidence that it is almost certainly a Cyma product.

He's jacked up the price too above retail. I hate to cast aspersions but how can one lack a basic understanding of supply and demand economics?

Edited by Galvatron

https://www.airsoft-hub.com/item/28546-beautiful-airsofts-collections

Makes a waffly post but provides no photos of the Mk 23 or the Gate Titan he mentions for sale. Instead the picture features an AW Hi-Capa.

Clipboard01s.jpg.b1e28031a00f5fee1534993513127764.jpg

From a WhatsApp used airsoft gear group.

He paid £530 but didn't consider rentals or buying something cheap to invest in getting UKARA so he could avoid two-tone?

He'll be disappointed with his offers but as I assume he isn't a UKARA member, is he not stitching himself up by offering to respray a two-tone unless he still uses a bright colour?

Not exactly a steal - £500 in total new if you used the most expensive retailers in UK & Ireland, these things are being sold off left, right and centre ffs. At best £250, £330 is a few steps into lalaland if not doing posting and fees included (which is not)

12 hours ago, Ht-airsoft said:

Hi there, i have a heavily modded AEG for sale, looking for offers

i have spent around £600 overall on the gun, with upgrades including new trigger, precision inner barrel, new motor, MOSFET, high quality bucking and nub, finely tuned hop up system.

Overall 335 fps

This gun has a high rate of fire, is powerful and will take out targets across any range, can be used indoor and out

image.jpg

Unspecified upgrades? Check

Horrible 2tone? Check

No details? Check

Crack inspired price point? Check

CBA to actually post in Classifieds? Check

Eventually reposts in correct place. Check

Claims 335 fps on.25s. Check

Apparently 370+ fps on .2s. Check

Too hot to run on UK sites. Check

Congratulations thats a solid Mack's entry right there and on your first ever forum post no less.

Edited by hunter511

8 minutes ago, hunter511 said:

Unspecified upgrades? Check

Horrible 2tone? Check

No details? Check

Crack inspired price point? Check

CBA to actually post in Classifieds? Check

Congratulations thats a solid Mack's entry right there and on your first ever forum post no less.

Did you not see that he has posted it in classified, with details? 

If we needed another reason why stating joules rather than fps is important, his admission that the 335fps is on 0.25g BBs puts it at above 1.3J so he's selling an airsoft gun that could land him and/or the buyer in serious trouble.

24 minutes ago, Galvatron said:

If we needed another reason why stating joules rather than fps is important, his admission that the 335fps is on 0.25g BBs puts it at above 1.3J so he's selling an airsoft gun that could land him and/or the buyer in serious trouble.

100% this. About to edit above post lol.