Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

1 hour ago, gavinkempsell said:

out of morbid curiosity is it legal to sell them? I can imagine it's illegal to use them.

disclaimer... not 'asking for a friend' :) just curious.

I can't see how selling then wouldn't be legal, after all they're just metal balls. Using them in a rif in game would probably open a shit storm of legal problems.

I'm not sure using metal bbs would be good for the internals, especially the inner barrel 

• Supporters
On 29/06/2024 at 20:50, Cannonfodder said:

On 29/06/2024 at 21:32, Cannonfodder said:

I checked and adding p&p brings the total to £19:84 for an iron on patch. I've had custom blood type patches from the US for half that

I'm rather ashamed to admit I've paid WAY more than that for a patch before. I should get out more.

Posted (edited)

Almost got a full house on my dodgy advert bingo card.

No mention of the model type, or even what range it's from

No mention that it's a resprayed 2 tone

Low fps

Finally I get the impression it comes in 2 parts

Edit: that's 2 for 2 of this guy's adverts ending up in Mack's 

Edited by Cannonfodder

Posted (edited)
On 02/07/2024 at 19:26, Cannonfodder said:

Almost got a full house on my dodgy advert bingo card.

No mention of the model type, or even what range it's from

No mention that it's a resprayed 2 tone

Low fps

Finally I get the impression it comes in 2 parts

Is it just me or does it look like it's missing a barrel?

That camo tape is real subtle too.

Edited by MrTea

4 minutes ago, MrTea said:

Is it just me or does it look like it's missing a barrel?

No it's not just you. If you zoom in it looks like it's in the box behind the upper receiver Screenshot_20240708-000649_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f9a96bc487d6f85a053e1699a4ebf3b9.jpg

5 minutes ago, MrTea said:

That camo tape is real subtle too.

The cynic in me says its subtlety holding the thing together 

• Supporters
42 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Should there be some sort of sanction for trying to rip off buyers?

🤔.........😏

Is this guy selling a clone Romeo8T on eBay, claiming it is Sig Sauer in the item details?

Serial number is identical to the Aliexpress clones & the finish looks far too glossy/grainy to be genuine. Also doesn't come with the original packaging...?

Anyone with more experience able to clarify if this is actually an airsoft clone?

Listing link for anyone curious:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/256568056160?itmmeta=01J2GK6BYEKXHGQEEAAZ5TJ0CK&hash=item3bbca5d960:g:olYAAOSw5ERmjZII&itmprp=enc%3AAQAJAAAAwK77nW4u9jWYb48vIm1ZZdHdLfgMIHPE7pnipyX932SNtJ6eiYo0nWcTyarZabJuyEl4V7IdlsG9eWPoZYrNh3tTnkegK7bqVnqgPW3%2FAoFk281qpjsEHbdiVwL0iYJYgqG6mHHfre5tf35AqaEyO3GQonMp%2BTE1qqv0q85pP2g7x%2BqO6qxSKOW7FwN7OT2b70037cGOs6YIFHQMnlIeo1%2BgNr2NS8f1tgqI3o%2BN4NpcdEo1CZ%2Bt2Y3QNSeUMFUlyg%3D%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR6a_mZOUZA

Edit: I contacted him and he seems to have taken the listing down. According to him, he bought it from eBay without knowing it is a clone & it in the process of returning it to the original seller.

cbd32377905ee80b5bd75b4fa6d2a631.png

c5d1ef24ab4dc3cb6c3c3b4c39cd81dc.png

romeo8t.jpg

Edited by MILITATED

https://www.usedairsoft.co.uk/rif-s/electric-powered/krytac-warsport-gpr-cc-assault-rifle_i62502

Sorry, that replica PEQ box won't keep a two-tone Krytac at 75% of its retail price, nor will the RDS do much either.

Someone watched too many YouTube videos before getting a UKARA defence sorted out, didn't they?

1 minute ago, Amokura said:

Seller wants £2600(!) for all this.

Far more likely to shift if s/he makes the effort to split it up into separate listings. But otherwise, nowhere near the amount of needed pictures to make this a safe buy. £2600 is a helluva lot of trust for 5 grainy pictures.

My gut feeling is the seller is not an airsofter.

14 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

Rifs are banned from being sold on the UK Ebay site

That's correct. 

• Supporters
3 hours ago, gavinkempsell said:

Hmm, the listing has been removed, I wonder if the seller is on here & has read Macks???

As has been said, rifs are banned on eBay, I've seen numerous attempts by people to sneak them on, pics of gun bags with cryptic hints at the contents & various other dodgy descriptions obviously meant to confuse who or whatever checks listing's, I've yet to see a listing make it to the end of auction or obvious sale, they always disappear in their entirety. 

Gotta wonder, why go to all that trouble when there's a few forums, as well as numerous selling sites that will accommodate all manner of rifs.

17 hours ago, Tackle said:

Gotta wonder, why go to all that trouble when there's a few forums, as well as numerous selling sites that will accommodate all manner of rifs.

I'm guessing it's because forums have threads like this to call them out on their stupid prices. Also it makes it easier to scam people. If a listing only hints about possibly containing a rif then the buyer has no come back when they find out they've paid £200 for an empty gun bag.

I haven't used Ebay for years, it used to be great for bargains but it's now usually cheaper to buy from a proper shop.

I'm sure I saw this on another used airsoft site recently. Still an optimistic appraisal with the cosmetic issues in mind.

1 hour ago, Galvatron said:

cosmetic issues

That's a very polite way of saying fugly crap scribbled on the side

Edited by Cannonfodder