High Cap Mags

ghost85

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Believe it or not, there are people who can hit with the first shot. The trick is to not to shoot until you know you can hit. These people did spent hours on a range, setting the hopup, the optics, finding the best BB weight and brand, fine-tuning the gun, and learning what their gun can do. Then spent many many games learning to stalk, to use cover, to learn how to out think the opponent, fine-tuning the gear every single game and reading about it between games.

There is a play style like that and there is the one with lots of BBs, high ROF and no sights on the gun at all, and everything in between. I made a lot of first shot hits and I took many showers of BBs too. There is no superior way. You feel success if you are successful with your chosen play style. Success in airsoft is not measured by others or by who wins an objective. It's only measured by how much fun you have.

^this

• Supporters

One amazing thing about being selective with your shots is you can get someone and they have so little idea where you are they come back and you shoot them again. It does end up being one of those fool me once situations but it's very funny, once had a guy return to the same spot 3 times.

Streams of BBs massively give away where you are, just see how long you last in a bad spot opening up with an LMG. I almost alternate between my LMG which is easy to run about with and be super aggressive and my HK416 which benefits more from pausing to take accurate single shots. The contrast in play styles is really nice.

I use MAG 130rd VN style midcaps, and a TM M4 high-cycle. I've only once managed to use the 4 I carry during a single game; yesterday when I was having a little BB spam competition against a guy with a bren gun, he couldn't duck very quickly with that so i won lol. Usually I'll use about half of one in a big fire-fight, then put another in to stop myself running out mid fire-fight, probably only 200-300 bb's used per game max.

Unless you're mr-suppressing-fire or often trying to shoot people too far away (or whatever reason means you miss all the time) then mid-caps certainly aren't a guaranteed hindrance to high ROF full-auto. Perhaps they might be if you bought 50-80 round ones, but the 100-130 ones have definitely kept me going without having to scramble for another mag mid battle.

If it is a hindrance then you might as well get a 3k bb electric drum mag or similar and not have to change at all (kudos for trying if you have to swap a drum-mag lol). I'd never bother with hi-caps as all that winding is a pain in the ass and sh*t when it's required during a fire-fight.

Believe it or not, there are people who can hit with the first shot. The trick is to not to shoot until you know you can hit. These people did spent hours on a range, setting the hopup, the optics, finding the best BB weight and brand, fine-tuning the gun, and learning what their gun can do. Then spent many many games learning to stalk, to use cover, to learn how to out think the opponent, fine-tuning the gear every single game and reading about it between games

Yeah I know there's a few these guys at every skirmish, they're the ones that don't call their hits because they're too operator to be hosed down by a CM series.

you can practice your stalking skills all day long bro, your million pound rifle still fires a 6mm plastic pellet that weighs less than half a gram, and WILL be affected by the wind. and like I said, there's 'the fish was THIS!! big' guys at every skirmish so I've heard all the bullshit claims before, "I get 3-4mm grouping at 1000 yards"

• Supporters

Yeah I know there's a few these guys at every skirmish, they're the ones that don't call their hits because they're too operator to be hosed down by a CM series.

you can practice your stalking skills all day long bro, your million pound rifle still fires a 6mm plastic pellet that weighs less than half a gram, and WILL be affected by the wind. and like I said, there's 'the fish was THIS!! big' guys at every skirmish so I've heard all the bullshit claims before, "I get 3-4mm grouping at 1000 yards"

Yes everyone that wears a certain type of gear is a cheat and you are right and everyone else is wrong.

• Supporters

And theres the ones at every skirmish who have a bad attitude and have a lot of reverse snobbery. If some one chooses to spend loads of time and money making their gun the best it can be best of luck to them. You looking down on them is as bad as them looking down on you. Its not needed its a game its meant to be fun no matter which way you play.

Guest PT247

What a friendly chap you are MxHaze.

Only issue we get at our site from people is from tw@ts over shooting on full auto, who have no self control or skill to be able to shoot in 1 or 2 shots.... either that or their guns are utter crap and would struggle to shoot a tin can from 10m. Mostly their idea of upgrading a gun is to double the rps meaning even if they did have self control on their trigger finger they would still have put 30 BBs into the air before hitting the victim.

I run a hi-cap, have no problem with those who use them, just muppets who drill folk on full auto. To be honest, if full auto guns were banned it'd make the sport safer and far far better!

I'm not saying anyone's a cheat, I'm saying some guys don't like accepting hits from people with rentals, two tones or cheaper guns.

I'm not saying anyone's wrong, im saying it doesn't matter how operator you are or how Much your rifle cost, your plastic pellet absolutely will abide by the laws of physics.

Guest PT247

yet some BBs abide by those rules far more accurately than others do.... cheaper components will not perform as well as precision components. Yes the wind effects the BB flight but I know 100% that previous standard guns I've had/borrowed pumping out roughly 330-350fps have not performed as well as upgraded guns I have had/borrowed with the same fps.

Oh yeah I agree with you 100%. better gun, better performance.

But I don't agree with what the other guy a few posts up said about making one shot hits 100% of the time, it's simply not the case. There will be times where you'll have to fire and adjust. so anyone claiming they don't is a bit of an idiot if you ask me, which you weren't.

Guest PT247

ahh get you. As many have said we all have our own play styles which are pretty much all valid..... except possibly the kid pretending to be a cat at a game a few weeks back lol.

Snobbery is all about thinking your way is best and the rest is just ignorant/unskilled. There's lots of it in air-soft, perhaps the need to appear professional/bad-ass is common due to essentially playing cowboys and indians as an adult fuels it.

"Why don't you just use this pro tactic?" especially when accompanied by claims of being awesome in some manner, is one that can makes you want to violently disprove someones ego. But as mr trigger happy says this too is paradoxically (i wont use the word irony incorrectly for once) an act of snobbery because you want to correct them because you similarly think you are right.

These days I try to find such things hilarious rather than irritating, poke fun rather than rant. Possibly more arrogant, but definitely more enjoyable for all.

Samurai got it perfectly, one best things i've read on these forums tbh, shame there isn't a 'super-like' button or something. There's many styles/ways to play and until they make a compulsory UK airsoft league then the only way to quantify success is by the amount of enjoyment.

As for 'shoot when you know you can hit' and 'why use high rof', that doesn't help the rooms full of guys in full camo gear when i burst through the doorway they came in through and thanks to 25rps shoot them all before they've started returning fire (a best-case scenario usually ending somewhere in between and me getting shot by 5 people at once after taking out 2-3 of them, assuming i've even made it into the room). But it probably helps them a lot when playing woodland and they've just spotted opp players moving in the distance. Time and a place for everything, as we all seem to agree there's no universal standard or situation

• Supporters

This ^

Midcaps are so much better.

They feed better, don't rattle and best of all it makes you use a cool little button now and again that drops your mag out of the well. It's really fun to do ;)

Unless you prefer high caps or low caps or a drum mag or even poking people with a stick.

Nothing is better nothing is worse its all about how you want to play.

• Supporters

Unless you prefer high caps or low caps or a drum mag or even poking people with a stick.

Nothing is better nothing is worse its all about how you want to play.

This^

Oh the irony..... ;)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.