Why 30 Rps Is Gr8 on Any AEG

AK47frizzle

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

There is a genuine use for it, they have a faster trigger response so you can fire more shots on semi. But personally I really don't want to be using anything that is outside of the realism window (10-15 rps).

I got lit up by a second burst from a high cycle. Easily got hit by 20 bbs straight across the knee caps. I could barely walk and if I had seen who had shot me I would probably have wobbled over and had a good go because it bloody hurt and was completely unnecessary. If I see one I avoid them.

Sounds a little ott?! Sounds like something the slightly taller, tubbier kid who liked to run around the school playground pushing people over for no reason would own.

"Ah yea just hit you with 60 bb's while you are four feet away with you back to me because i can!!"

Pointless upgrade by the sound of it.

I have a cheeky little tm high cycle it mainly stays on single shot but I have to admit it's great for non hit takers and nothing is better for keeping enemy heads down with a blast of suppressive fire!

Ps it's actually my back up but if people don't take hits a quick wander to the car and it becomes my primary for the rest of the day lol

• Supporters

I like to tweak/break guns and like to push them for $hits n giggles

Stateside they like to go way too fast 35+ even 45+ on SSG's

Me I regard 20 to 30 is more than fast enough so 25 is a comfortable max figure

but I tend to stay on 7.4v lipo which means 20 aprox

Nice to go nutz - son took the DSG FH & the 416 out for a blast and marshall actually used it to do a hit test on a couple of people - they called it

But generally low 20's on a 7.4v I feel is quick enough for rof & response

yes it will go @ 30+ but why use more ammo and higher juice eg: 2000mah 11.1v or say a 3000mah 7.4v aprox same size battery

hats off to bolt snipers - they have one shot and so have to ensure their gun is really sweet to make that shot count

plus they have to look at the great shot they just pulled being shrugged off and not taken

Think the higher rof peeps should be seen to use their guns for support suppress/covering fire rather than go head to head with stock or slower guns

but then the flip side is why should a higher rof gun be penalised - again its all about balance I guess

And no I don't think I would take the DSG out much more - apart from will it last for yonks it is still a badly put together gun, probably put in a less powerful motor in her and use that motor elsewhere to be honest coz 40+ is mental and I seriously think DSG's are overated

The 416 is beefed to 30 but have had problems getting her there - so yeah low 20's is deffo the preferred setup me thinks

wtf lets go out with a compressor and a vortex and just decimate everything in our paths

I have a couple TM high cycles, for all the reasons listed above. Apart from stealing lunch money, no-one has any money left by the time i've invaded their chess-club, they've all spent it on guns and load-outs and the remaining small change spanked on getting into the building and pyros! I also have a massive penis so not compensating for anything, hopefully the doctors will work out how to safely remove it from my forehead soon.

I bought one as it seemed the coolest manner to pimp a gun/wank money on airsoft, whereas a 'DMR', persuading a misc US redneck to ship me real-steel gun accessories or sniffing the scent of combat from army surplus pants didn't. I couldn't really envisage a practical bonus at the time, but twice the ROF just seemed like it couldn't be bad!

Having used one for 6 months there's a few bonuses;

Suppressing fire, especially when running between cover (although i have missed and run into a wall doing this, better than blind fire i guess!)

Being outnumbered. Hitting multiple targets at once, wave the gun in the vague direction and a second burst will hit all three of those guys shooting at you. I've managed to dispatch large rooms full of people where single-shot or half the ROF would have left me hit well before hitting them all.

As for not having to aim so well, more attempts on target is certainly a bonus, but thanks to that magic tm hop i find the spread pretty small, the difference it makes is timing more than accuracy; a quick burst will prob hit the guy hiding behind something before he ducks back, and save a minute of exchanging quick shots at each other which allows me to try shoot his buddies before they get me.

You certainly don't need 30 RPS, but i find playing airsoft on my own that the ROF makes it possible to stand a chance against small teams of people, is very good at buying time in a firefight. All joking about soaking cheaters in bb's aside, there's def no point in spraying people needlessly, but occasionally someone will get hit 5-10 times. I don't worry about that as I usually get hit a dozen times in one go when taking on groups of people, especially if they're camping the same doorway/spot, and at least my gun only kicks out 260fps.

High ROF is as/no more pointless than any upgrades in airsoft, we could all achieve the same results using bright orange plastic BB guns; hitting someone with a small plastic ball at a distance you could chuck a rock.

I've not managed to grow any BB trees yet, but that's mostly due to not playing soldiers in the woods, if i did i'd use a stick and plant it at the end of the day. Have certainly aided in making The Malls floors more slippery with bb's on the concourse and the occasional yellow trickle in the basement :) Can get pretty pricey using tracers, but i still seems to only use a couple hundred bb per hour game max, half that once it's single shot only after lunch.

• AK47frizzle changed the title to Why 30 Rps Is Gr8 on Any AEG
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.