Sign in to follow this  
cropzy

Sending a RIF via parcelforce HELP

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and probably forgotten) thread.

Okay guys so RIF's are allowed to be sent via parcelforce but my question is.

Do you have to declare it?

I personally do and haven't had any issues

I just filled in the form, no lying and then printed it off and sent it off. Arrived with the owner in very good condition, I am very happy with parcelforce

i sent 2 rifs with pf, just put my ukara no. inside just incase

I always declare it. That way there's no debate if there's an issue. Make sure you get sufficient insurance too.

I had to when i sent parts, just say it's a toy. Sometimes they'll ask if it's metal, plastic, has batteries etc... I just said metal frame for a toy.

I'd avoid saying the word "gun" cuz that isn't usually associated with nice things :D Especially when your posting it as well.

I usually declare it as a toy or sporting goods.

I use UPS, cheaper and quicker and don't have to declare anything.

Regularly use them - just declare it when you ship it or they can flag it.

Dude just send via parcel force 48hr express, cost u £15. Declare it...if they seize it and I don't get my ump ill be pissed haha! Seriously pal, its easy as

Haha, I'm gonna be in the same boat as you kerby. Also, If you are sending gas mags shouldn't you empty them?

Declare it as a RIF if its a RIF when you post it, Parcelforce 48 are fine with carrying them (though Post Office staff don't always know this), make sure its tracked & insured, something like a UMP will be around £12 -15, best to put your and their UKARA nos on in the to/from addresses, but (especially if it involves airmail at any point) DON'T send batteries with it as they are basically banned by PF unless new in original packaging, or gas mags for same reason (anything that is or CAN BE pressurized). If you want to risk sending a battery post it in a jiffy envelope or small box seperately (at least if it doesn't get there its better than having the rif destroyed).

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and probably forgotten) thread.