Tippmann M4 Carbine

Guest PT247

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Anyone thinking about getting one? The idea is pretty funky, runs co2 out the box with 80 round mags but also comes set up for hpa allowing M4 aeg mags to be fitted. Has its own built in regulator ranging from 300-400 fps and can adjust the rof from 8-20 rps

• Supporters

no battery req either like polarstar - yes very very tempted

good to see it ain't too silly rof - though 25 would of been better max rof

Co2 is a nice touch/option if your tank runs out but reckon it ain't so quick

& easy to change over back at safe zone in cold pi$$ing down rain

but option is there all the same

(dunno why fps would come out on Co2 mag - maybe GG/Butane option might appear maybe)

yes been dreaming about one of them for a month now hovering over pre-order button @ Grange

But if I do click on it then my wife will be wearing my balls as earings this chrimbo

(I actually prefer them where they are and easier to pop into H Samuel on Christmas Eve)

afraid I will keep dreaming maybe until spring/Birthday time - keep telling myself it isn't the traditional

AEG Airsoft but still having trouble stopping the "buy me" screams

(nothing compared to the screams I will make if mrs duck carries out her threat - no promise I think)

Looks lovely- All mechanical,a wee bit of recoil,mechanism should be extremely reliable and their claim of 20RPS and 400FPS seems like a small hint to the potential performance of it,also it's apparently made in USA so that should be quite interesting(I do assume that some parts are OEM in Taiwan or China or whatever). I'll need to ask around retailers if they plan on stocking it in Ireland,but if they do,I'm dead set on one,looks like a good hassle free approach to HPA. I have a little bit of a fetish for front heavy M4s so I guess I could build something for that

• Supporters

I trailed one of these before getting my SMP unit and defo prefer the Wolverine SMP.

Currently these are only available in he USA and is only available in the M4A1 version. Nice little piece of kit but was an easy choice for me as I am not a fan of he long barrel M4.

I'm not a patient man... If something looks usable I'll buy it but not gonna preorder until I get paid what I am owed by a fellow airsofter

I know the feeling... let us know! By the look they seem to be very reliable, and coming from paintball their HPA knowledge should be second to none.

• Supporters

I'm not a patient man... If something looks usable I'll buy it but not gonna preorder until I get paid what I am owed by a fellow airsofter

I don't think there is a UK supplier of the Tippmann yet, the only problem is nothing bar the Stock and RIS is changeable

I don't need anything changed.... just the barrel which as you say is atm not interchangeable, if it is something that could be swapped for a CQB outer barrel then I'll have one (long barrels do not make a good gun imo even in woodland). they are currently pre-order only so yup no supplier in the UK yet, but hopefully soon! :D

• Supporters

http://grangeairsoft.com/tippmann-hpa-m4-carbine-pre-order/dp/1312

nearly half the price of a polar but still not exactly cheap when some paintball guns are

much much cheaper than other tippmann stuff:

http://www.store.justpaintball.co.uk/paintball-guns/tippmann/tippmann-bravo-one-tactical.html

dunno if anybody has got hold of a tippmann m4 from grange just yet - but blow (excuse the pun)

blow me it ain't an absolute bargain when compared to paintball stuff

OK - CO2 option and new area they venturing into but still gonna wait n see if price drops to say

£250 or there abouts.....

Not knocking it - it is great and can see some paintballers crossing over to airsoft but think I will still wait

or jam an airline & mac valve into to something (battery req) - let the old gears run without spring/piston

tap an airline into cylinder head - run pipe to mac/solenoid out of back of old gearbox

but tappet plate still used with gears to load bb's to hopup - little micro switch trigger solenoid

ROF can be tweaked up or down by voltage - no major drain coz m120 spring gone so just spins gears

plenty of small regulator valves can be fitted to adjust fps

and later advanced versions can have a small pic chip or controller circuit to adjust the solenoid "on" time

or burst of air volume firing out of cylinder head etc......

Well that is the basic concept in turning old crappy aeg into HPA and is probably quite do-able if you have time

or build a mental Vortex mofo from bits of plastic pipe etc.....

Can see HPA growing - but atm it is still expensive for what it is - but convert or a diy kit could mean we get hpa

and can still use all our favourite models n tweaks n barrels n stuff rather than be tide to polarstar/tippmann stuff

• Supporters

I know the feeling... let us know! By the look they seem to be very reliable, and coming from paintball their HPA knowledge should be second to none.

Tippmann have been around for donkeys tears so they should be able to make a decent HPA gun no problem. Of course the world of airsoft is a spectacularly cliquey one and plenty of people that want to go HPA won't buy it just because it ISN'T a P*. I'd have one.

• Supporters

I'd be more inclined to go for this than a P* as they don't have any recoil mechanism from what I can tell.

No they don't, this does look interesting I think. The thing that puts me off other hpa powered guns is the lack of response from them (and the hose) but this is a step forward if you're a fan of hpa setups.

It certainly looks a VERY versatile system with the ability to swap means of powering it, rate of fire and even power settings to suit preference and site power limits (latter can be locked using a "tournament lock" available from Tippman to prevent cheating apparently). 80rd mag is due to that being what a good CO2 capsule will power before being exhausted. Really fancy one of these.

According to Airsoft Action Magazine UK delivery has been postponed till the new year, not sure how up to date that review is though.

the mags will be a lot lighter than gas ones too so would not be an issue carrying them about if you wern't able to go HPA with it.

They are also doing a kit to use TM style STANAG AEG mags when powered by external HPA which will ease the issue of having to use specific Tippmann mags, according to AA mag review.

• Supporters

The CO2 system sounds like utter arse unless they've changed it.

Inserting the mag pierces the CO2 capsule, so once the mag's in, removing it = loss off all the remaining gas in the capsule.

So no tactical reloads, and it'll also mean de-magging for the safe zone could cost you money in gas. It's such a moronic idea I can't believe they even designed it at all.

That said, it does sound very promising as a P* equivalent, and the noise it makes it amazing from the promo game footage.

It should already take any aeg mag when running on hpa so no need to buy any if you already have an M4 aeg!

I do see what you are saying Ed, but with only 80 BBs in a mag and it only firing 80 BBs to a cartridge, if you've already fired enough BBs to warrant a mag change you'll not be wasting much CO2. I only ever fire on semi even when running hi-caps on my hpa G5 except for shits and giggles, my RM4 has 60 round mags and I seldom need to do a tac reload!

It is a valid point for some, but not sure it would be an issue for myself. Am still in two minds about getting one due to an ex-paintballer and fellow airsofter not having a high opinion of Tippmann paintball guns. Am not going to pre-order after the pain in the butt the Evo 3 purchase turned out to be and from what I have heard this is continuing to have it's launch delayed. I'll wait for some reviews from actual skirmishers rather than take the word of retailers promoting what is currently (from the vids I've watched) still a prototype gun.

So using the CO2 capsule option, does removing the mag vent the whole capsule? If thats the case I'm surprised they didn't fit a valve which closes to the mag. Even my ASG CZ75 has a valve that closes when the mag is removed so only a tiny amount is lost during mag changes.

If so it'd run expensive if games meant frequent returns to the safe Zone, though as said not such an issue for long milsim games.

yes as the system stands you will vent the remaing CO2 in the mag if you remove to before its empty, from what i understand the point is to keep the mags as cheep as possable i.e. they were talking about $10-20 a mag, even a simple check valve would probably at least double the price.

yup is a standard AEG barrel. Seems odd that even Tippmann USA don't have any in stock yet but a UK paintball store is saying they do???

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.