Quick Questions & Simple Answers.

Finius
Message added by Jedi_Master

When you ask a question please do so using red writing that way, it's easy for people scrolling down to find a question.

When you answer a question, please quote (this will make sure the person gets a notification and they can click on it to open your answer straight away and it also lets people answer questions from a while ago if there have been new questions since then) the question and reply in blue writing so we know it's an answer.

If you feel a question simply cannot be answered in one brief post, or is open for a lot of debate, create a topic to discuss it, and link the topic in your answer so everyone can find it.

• Root Admin

Nuprol tracers have got a lot better I am starting to prefer them to blasters. Apparently the normal ones have improved aswell.

My .30 tracers seem fine too, but when they've been so inconsistent with early batches (and when a lot of those BBs are still in circulation) then they deserve the reputation they get.

• Supporters

Cheers Ian, helped me as well with a few issues

Also, UKARA came in by email today.... Thank you Firesupport!!!....

So how is the best way to order from over seas or RIFs??

When you order an RIF from overseas, if there is a "Company" field in the address form, type "UKARA# XXX1234" into it so that it is automatically part of the address label. You should also ask them to write your UKARA number large on the package in any "Comments" stylee box that comes with the order form, but bear in mind that you're dealing with people for whom English is an acquired language and some of them will not understand the significance, so putting it in your address is still important. This goes just the same for ordering from the EU, wider Europe, HK, Mainland China, the USA or Japan.

Bear in mind that stuff which comes from the USA always gets hit by customs for VAT and almost always stuff from Japan. But stuff which comes from HK, China, and Europe is much less likely to attract this bum-rapage... (my average is currently up from 1/7 to about 1/6 parcels) although tbh the fact that they are gun shaped seems to get RIF's the attention anyway. It's the admin fee which the couriers charge for processing your VAT payment which is the real pain in the hole mind: it's usually between £8-13 but i've heard of higher. Bear in mind that there is no VAT on purchases from inside the EU, so buying RIF's from Poland is a very popular choice and the 2 main companies, gunfire.pl and taiwangun.com, both understand the significance of a UKARA number - just a hint: if you do order from taiwangun.com and want them to downgrade the spring for you for just the cost of the new spring, you must follow their instructions for how to fill in the order form to the letter, because they will not retroactively add free spring downgrade to an order which you ask for by email afterwards.

• Moderators

cheers guys

another (hopefully helping others!)

so Silicone Oil, what's a good 'brand' and where is the best place to get it?, only ask as found a few, even Airsoft ones, but not sure if ideal??

• Supporters

cheers guys

so Silicone Oil, what's a good 'brand' and where is the best place to get it?, only ask as found a few, even Airsoft ones, but not sure if ideal??

Abbey is good stuff. You can get it from most airsoft retailers - best plan is to tag a bottle onto an order for something else, because otherwise the P&P is likely to be a bit prohibitive if you're buying it on its own. Otherwise it's £5-ish posted from fleabay...

cheers guys

Search for radio control silicon oil used by the RC cars in the suspension, usually much cheaper than airsoft and it's the same stuff.

• Moderators

Found some Abbey stuff on amazon, free postage, on the rc oil, any type as there seemed to be variations

• Supporters

Abbey is £5.59 on amazon.co.uk = down in price 38% - it's less on fleabay by about 30p

• Supporters

Would using a 7.4 25c lipo do my back up gun any harm quickly as I have no mosfet fitted but it's not my primary gun so thinking do I really want to spend money getting a mosfet fitted?

Should be fine. MOSFET is really only necessary once you get up to 11.1V LiPo or if you're trying to improve performance.

Should be fine. MOSFET is really only necessary once you get up to 11.1V LiPo or if you're trying to improve performance.

Cheers mate nice one doesn't it in the long run burn out trigger contacts

• Supporters

Cheers mate nice one doesn't it in the long run burn out trigger contacts

No more so than an 8.4V Nimh will. Trigger contacts are incredibly basic and are a high resistance component. It's worth fitting a hardwired mosfet to improve your trigger response so it may be worth looking into anyway as it will also extend the life of your trigger, but even on a 7.4v LiPo it's not going to burn out in less than a year unless you're very active in the sport and spam the semi auto a lot anyway.

No more so than an 8.4V Nimh will. Trigger contacts are incredibly basic and are a high resistance component. It's worth fitting a hardwired mosfet to improve your trigger response so it may be worth looking into anyway as it will also extend the life of your trigger, but even on a 7.4v LiPo it's not going to burn out in less than a year unless you're very active in the sport and spam the semi auto a lot anyway.

No like I said it's a back up and more a cqb m4 really my main gun I just use a big 9.6 and it'd over 5 years old and still going

Where is the cheapest place to buy mags for a TM G17? The best place I've found so far is from here but I'm not entirely sure if it's the cheapest site. Sorry it's a rather pointless question, but thanks in advance.

WE mags work very well in TM glocks and are generally a bit cheaper, I tagged mine onto a Taiwan gun order for about £17 a piece.

[eta] http://www.taiwangun.com/en/gas-pistol-magazines/green-gas-magazine-for-we-g17-g18-g34-g35-we?from=listing&campaign-id=19

Yeah I heard WE mags are just as reliable as TM mags whilst being slightly cheaper. I'll probably order 2 or 3 at once as postage will be cheaper. Thanks!

• Supporters

Where is the cheapest place to buy mags for a TM G17? The best place I've found so far is from here but I'm not entirely sure if it's the cheapest site. Sorry it's a rather pointless question, but thanks in advance.

http://airsoft-club.com/shop/magazine/gas-pistol-magazine/24rd-pistol-magazine-for-marui-g17-glock-17-gbb-black