Quick Questions & Simple Answers.

Finius
Message added by Jedi_Master

When you ask a question please do so using red writing that way, it's easy for people scrolling down to find a question.

When you answer a question, please quote (this will make sure the person gets a notification and they can click on it to open your answer straight away and it also lets people answer questions from a while ago if there have been new questions since then) the question and reply in blue writing so we know it's an answer.

If you feel a question simply cannot be answered in one brief post, or is open for a lot of debate, create a topic to discuss it, and link the topic in your answer so everyone can find it.

• Supporters

Deffo hassle your site a bit more.....

Think what gave my site a little zest in finally getting there finger out

was a few UK retailers ringing my site up to confirm my details

So if you buying from a UK Ukara retailer they should be able to contact your site's shop

and ask your site/shop to confirm you are a regular skirmisher etc.....

As long as a site has its ukara shop it can verify you are legit

otherwise a site without a ukara shop has to get some ukara retailer to put you on list/database

My site does have a very basic ukara shop online and so can process the ukara stuff all itself like many sites

However if your site isn't a ukara retailer then it has to ask another shop to enter details.....

Yeah my site was getting fed up with a couple of other shops kept ringing them - ProAirsoft told me - brill shop they were

Soz for long post - it is a little grief to get sorted and ffs we are in mid April now your site should of got it sorted by now

(time to keep an open eye for any other local sites me thinks)

you've been waiting three weeks? I've been waiting for less than one and I'm getting impatient. :) hoping to get another gun next week so I can take it down to op tailspin.

Ok finally got the guy on the phone asked him politely how long it would take as it's been almost 4 weeks now and was given a lecture about how this is his hobby and he has a real job that comes first and it will be done when it's done! Now I don't know if it's just me but seeing as he has taken £10 pounds of me for administration charges he is making a profit so ttherefore it's a business and i should get some sort of service polite or not!

• Supporters

Soz is this Epsom Bunker ???

If they haven't got shop then they need to get a retailer to update database I think. But even so it is a bit off and quite annoying if the new player is chomping at the bit to acquire their first RIF. I know I was like I said.

Even if it isn't Epsom, any site should deal with their players new or old in a mutually respectful and professional way. It is a 2 way thing and if a site good or otherwise bad drags their heals a bit then it may deter new regular players starting or joining that site.

Very sorry you are having to wait n wait, yes the guy might be busy with full time job but thought sometime over last 3 weeks a little time could have been set aside for update n admin of site including new or renewing members = customers, which in effect allows the site to operate

Thats the annoying thing I talked to the shop but they run separately they haven't had any forms from the guy for weeks to add to the system

I'm not going to name and shame because the site is realy good to play there administration guy just sucks

Where can i get a reasonable m120 spring for the AGM L96?

I'm currently upgrading the stock system (Yes it can be done) but i just need the M120 to bring it into my sites limit (Currently sits on a M150).

Also, Where can we post Tutorials for upgrading a system / Stripping a system or rebuilding?

• Supporters

Where can i get a reasonable m120 spring for the AGM L96?

I'm currently upgrading the stock system (Yes it can be done) but i just need the M120 to bring it into my sites limit (Currently sits on a M150).

airsoftpro.cz = good quality gear at good prices and fairly quick delivery, with no tax as it's inside the EU. Bullseye Country Sport for good quality gear posted quick at reasonable prices.

Also, Where can we post Tutorials for upgrading a system / Stripping a system or rebuilding?

In the Guides forum.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

will a KJW mag fit a WE M9 ... more specifically the Barry Burton edition ;)

Yes they will, how ever the KJW valve is weaker then the WE one, meaning they are not very gas efficient (29rds = out of gas!). I replaced the valves for WE ones, and they work perfectly now :D

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking for a set of MOLLE clips to attach my camelback to my plate carrier, but the only ones that look right come in MTP (I need black, OD or ATACS FG)

this is the sort of thing I'm looking for http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/British-Issue-MTP-MOLLE-Clips-Fixing-for-Camelbak-Hydration-Osprey-Armour-/201207182896?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2ed8e1f630

Hi guys

I recentley bought an APS ACP 601 from evike.com. after I paid for the gun I got a message saying, that due to the laws in our country, the gun has to be 50% or more coloured and would cost me $50 for the paint job.

Question, does this mean half of my gun is going to be bright orange? It also said if a was to cancel my order there would be a 30% 're-shelving fee! Sorry this isn't in red my phone wouldn't let me.

Hi guys

I recentley bought an APS ACP 601 from evike.com. after I paid for the gun I got a message saying, that due to the laws in our country, the gun has to be 50% or more coloured and would cost me $50 for the paint job.

Question, does this mean half of my gun is going to be bright orange? It also said if a was to cancel my order there would be a 30% 're-shelving fee! Sorry this isn't in red my phone wouldn't let me.

Well firstly, do you actually have a defence to import a RIF. IF yes, argue with them and eventually chargeback if they refuse. I am interested in the response, as I like their store.

http://www.evike.com/products/25511/ (2tone page)

Violent Crime Reduction Act of 2006, United Kingdom Section 36 of the VCRA (Violent Crime Reduction Act 2006), enacted 1 October 2007, states that RIF's (Realistic Imitation Firearms) may not be sold, imported or manufactured. Unrealistic imitation firearms (IF's) must be more than 50% bright red, bright orange, bright yellow, bright green, bright pink or bright purple or have dimensions of nor more than a height of 38 millimetres and a length of 70 millimetres (as defined in the Home Office regulations for the VCRA).

I personally hope evike is not taking this literally, as they're reading it wrong. For one, they wouldn't be the importer

• Supporters

The restocking fee should only apply if you cancel after they paint it

here is an email I got - have defense/ukara but they were taking too f*cking long to get the stuff shipped

I said forget it as it was in the run up to xmas and didn't want it delayed in customs until new year....

Dear Customer,

One of the requirements for importing Airsoft guns to United Kingdom is that Airsoft guns must be 50% or more colored. If you have a UKARA number issued by the United Kingdom Airsoft Retailers Association, please email your UKARA number to [email protected] with your order number as the subject.
If you do not have a UKARA number, a paint job is required before we can proceed with your order. Please send a payment in the amount of $75.00USD for the service [service-UKPaint].

Item:

*Please note: A 30% restocking fee will be applied if changes/cancelation is made after the custom work is completed.

The $75 paint job they was charging me was for 2 guns btw not easily availble in UK

I emailed them my ukara but they still was taking too long to prepare for shipping

got full refund reasonably quickly - shame but ho hum

send 'em ukara if you have it or pay for paint or cancel

(you probably get shafted with customs anyway)

Also Airsoft GI do international shipping to UK and you can pre-pay the customs fee in advance

still not cheap but at least you know what the final costings should be

I don't have a UKARA. Correct me if I'm wrong but my understanding is you are allowed to purchase these is they are 50% coloured? And why would customs get involved if they are legal?

51%

Maybe this helps:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/417199/Guidance_on_Firearms_Licensing_Law_v13.pdf

I don't have a UKARA. Correct me if I'm wrong but my understanding is you are allowed to purchase these is they are 50% coloured? And why would customs get involved if they are legal?

If you import something from outside the EU, you have to pay customs duty on top of what you have already paid, most likely will have to pay a handling fee aswell to the courier.

• Root Admin

Edits after fact checking:

KS is allegedly a rebrand of JG (who in turn have many of their parts used by other manufacturers manufacturers - most notably Echo 1).

So the answer is that they have no website as they're not strictly a manufacturer. Look up JG if you want to see their products.

• Root Admin

The TM G18c is known to be about 1mm thicker than its clones and real steel counterpart.

Some people have reported being able to adjust many of the TM fibre sights to fit WE, so if you have a set of files then I'd say it's fair game.