Airsofting in the rain

Frosty0769

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Lol snow is amazing, buy cheap overalls and your set. Only problem i had was car was stuck at the site we played so took hours to get it out, need take sure the site has decent roads ect

Winter tires is legal requirement here, so that's generally no problem.. and we got plenty enough winter clothes! so there is absolutely no excuses for people here not to >_<

Snow would be cool. I've got enough snowboarding gear that I could get away with it. I even have a pair of white snowboard trousers. I saw some arctic ponchos on eBay as well.

My imagination is running away now.

Personally love playing in the rain as everyone congregates in the areas where there's overhead cover - like shooting fish in a barrel as another poster said.

That said I always make sure to travel light when it's raining, often completely ditching a chest rig as it puts pressure on the shoulders and lets water in. Poncho, boonie hat, camo trousers, mesh face protection, penknife/multi tool, pistol holster, rifle and sidearm (plus mags) - sorted!

Well I had my initiation for playing today as well as playing in the rain. It was sooo heavey and so dark it was like playing at night. So much so they had to call a halt to the game and we sat in the safe zone for 45 mins.

Good fun and met some great people only problem was the dodgy rental gun and 1 or 2 idiots.

Great fun though.

I'm just going to hop on the hype train.

I too ... Cannot wait till it snows.

My only concern is that a game day won't be a snow day, In the sense that It'll snow on the monday and I'll play on the thursday, so you're left with the thin, Browning, icy relic of the bygone era.

A change of clothing and socks is a must. Maintain your rifle or whatever you are using between games. I bought a poncho for a very bad game day 4 months ago and it kept me nice and dry and helped keep some of the water away from my rifle. It makes you think more and if you are dry you can have the upper hand on some people. people don't tend to think the same when they are cold and wet. Just don't be the person who is.

• 2 weeks later...

just out of interest (future reference).

what cleaning is required after a wet day? We had to strip our SA80 and wipe everything down to prevent rust but they were easy. AEGs have batteries and all sorts of other small parts that the real guns don't have. Plus I am buying a rifle I am completely unfamiliar with so how far will it need stripping to keep it working?

• Supporters

just out of interest (future reference).

what cleaning is required after a wet day? We had to strip our SA80 and wipe everything down to prevent rust but they were easy. AEGs have batteries and all sorts of other small parts that the real guns don't have. Plus I am buying a rifle I am completely unfamiliar with so how far will it need stripping to keep it working?

As long as you've not used it as a walking stick to cross the bog of eternal stench a quick wipe down and a clean out of the barrel should be fine. Disconnect and remove your battery when you're not using the gun, but unless you submerged the gun at any point I wouldn't be too worried about massive water ingress that could damage the battery.

never had problems from playing in the rain. infact it seems to make most of the douche bags stay away. but when it gets really heavy it is a nightmare. the worst ive played in yet is hail, cant tell whats a bb and whats hail....(i just hid under my trench coat...)

Actually a good thing about the rain is it adds more realism etc. It may be quite annoying in some cases but it is actually quite refreshing after running around in the heat all day. You don't have to be as sneaky as well because the rain will hide your sounds, or most of them.

• Supporters

I've got to say - if I'd wanted to shlep around the woods in combat gear carrying a gun in the pissing rain getting wet and cold for 8 hours at a time, I'd have joined the army.

Snow intrigues me though. Cold I can do, cold and wet? Fuck that for a game of soldiers.

(see what I did there?)

I'm yet to play in the rain.I'm moving from Walk on's to weekenders and Milsims now however so I have a feeling I'm going to have to learn to deal with it.

Nothing a Poncho and waterproof bergen cover won't sort!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.