Guns that NEED to be made

DX115FALCON

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

On the plus side at least the Star/Ares receiver/trigger guard look right unlike the compromised CA/ASG/King Arms versions . . . often quoted Star/Ares "looks nice, doesn't work" syndrome I take it?

Still, if you get rid gimme first refusal please lol ;)

Exactly. There's a queue though...

• Supporters

Arn't they just a chrome 1911?

Sort of - in the game they're .45ACP AMT Hardballers, in the film they're referred to as Silverballers but are actually Para Ordnance P18.9 (hi cap 9mm 1911 clone)

• Supporters

Not particularly as an airsoft gun, but I would love to have a blank firing "Golden Gun" that could be split down into its component parts.

I saw one advertised a few years ago. Few grand iirc...

I was thinking how a support weapon is supposed to be beastly and intimidating, but most of them are AEGs and don't sound so good without a good shim. I would like to see one with a recoil system.

If it has a large stock (say M240?) then it could accommodate a large weight (simulate some recoil) / high capacity battery to power the system.

I was thinking how a support weapon is supposed to be beastly and intimidating, but most of them are AEGs and don't so good without a good shim. I would like to see one with a recoil system.

If it has a large stock (say M240?) then it could accommodate a large weight (simulate some recoil) / high capacity battery to power the system.

There's ABB systems for M249s- they're a lot cheaper than M240s because a lot of manufacturers make 'em and they go for between £300 and £600 new. The only M240s I've seen (and one I remember cause I pointed it out to Ian) are made by Echo1 in US M240 and UK GPMG form in the £725-£790 margin.

You could perhaps do an EBB system with the cheaper G&P MK23 Stoner LMG, it's about £200 cheaper than the standard G&P M249- however for £469.00 I wouldn't mess around with system conversion ;)

Edit: I'd like to see a decent SVU made. Maybe a stock AEG version and a DMR internals version?

• 3 weeks later...

350px-Owen-gun_400.jpg Owen SMG

600px-SergeantBest_OwenGun.jpg

Perhaps not the best looking gun ever made, but reputedly one of the best jungle fighting weapons of WW2.

• Supporters

That's not a real gun... it's something someone called Owen knocked up in his garage!

Yes and it was so good the British used it in Malasia. You could strip it, chuck the bits in a bucket of mud and reassemble it and it would shoot.

From Wikipedia:

Official trials were organised, and the John Lysaght factory made three versions in 9 mm, .38-200 and .45 ACP.Sten and Thompson submachine guns were used as benchmarks. As part of the testing, all of the guns were immersed in mud and covered with sand to simulate the harshest environments in which they would be used. The Owen was the only gun that still operated after the treatment.

The Owen was later used by Australian troops in the Korean and Vietnam Wars,[4] particularly the scouts in infantry sections. It remained a standard weapon of the Australian Army until the mid-1960s, when it was replaced by the F1 submachine gun. The gun was also used in Malaya by British troops, and was among their favourites for jungle fighting.

• Supporters

That Thor looks like a working model of a sea defence gun emplacement. What's it meant for shooting, sharks?

That is a looooooooooooong sniper barrel. I don't think you could be covert with that thing... Kinda looks like a gun has been ripped off a naval cannon.

• Supporters

715mm is the longest inner barrel i've heard of. Lonex do them in stainless steel - 6.01mm iirc. You could probably get 480FPS on 0.2's out of an M125 spring with that.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.