should i upgrade my AEG or should i buy a tm mp7

IAM contemplating buying a brand new aeg a mk18 from e and c that is full metal and will seve as my main Aeg. i already currently have and aeg its a specna arms SA-07 edge that i bought 5 years ago. But ive always wanted a gbbr of some sort so i was looking and the TM mp7a1. I dont know if i should get that or and AEG what do you guys say?

Welcome.

Do you know a fellow player who'd let you borrow theirs for a skirmish to decide if the MP7 is for you or not?

Whether you should get one is a very personal thing as I know people who love the TM, WE or Umarex MP7 and those who aren't so fond of them.

unfortunately im the only one out of my friends that does airsoft but that's a good idea haha.

Personally I much prefer Gbbr but you really must know the limitations of running one. Big one is the cost, not only of the rif you are buying but also extra mags, gas etc.

Maintenance is another one that’s important. I would say they aren’t as reliable as aegs. There are a few more points but once you’ve accepted the draw backs you will always have a smile on your face. 

Personal preferences aside I'd say it depends on what you're wanting from the rif. Do you want something which will allow you to put loads of plastic down range and go to to toe against other AEGs in a firefight, or something which is more of a fun gun despite it's limitations? If the former then go for the AEG, if the latter then the MP7.

Of course this doesn't take into account the sort of site you play at. If you mainly play cqb then I'd definitely go for the MP7 as the lower magazine capacity isn't such an issue and the shorter length makes moving in tight spaces far easier 

My favourite gun to shoot is my vfc 416 GBBR.

My favourite gun to shoot people is my DE 906 AEG

So it depends what mood or situation I'm in. If my team is struggling and I need to nail the enemy with accurate weight of fire, the aeg wins every time.  

But the more 'snipey' and realistic feel of the GBBR is sooooo satisfying.

I've just invested in an airtac hpa adapter to see if I can find myself in a good middle ground.

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

• Supporters
3 hours ago, shatis said:

IAM contemplating buying a brand new aeg a mk18 from e and c that is full metal and will seve as my main Aeg. i already currently have and aeg its a specna arms SA-07 edge that i bought 5 years ago. But ive always wanted a gbbr of some sort so i was looking and the TM mp7a1. I dont know if i should get that or and AEG what do you guys say?

Do you only have 1 gun ?

If that's the case, I'd say buy yourself a second gun, maybe consider another aeg that has magazine compatability with your sa-07, that way one can always back up the other.

Also, with regards to upgrades, I'm gonna assume that if your sa-07 has been your sole primary for five years, that's it's probably in stock form ?, as generally stock guns have better reliability, often when players start "upgrading" their guns, that's when the problems start.

To add to my earlier post, the MP7 could be used in a outdoors game but you would need to adjust your playing style to suit. With a gbb you're carrying less ammo (1 M4 high cap is the equivalent capacity of 6 MP7 mags) so you need to pick your shots and avoid getting bogged down exchanging fire with someone who can just hose the area. The times I've done it I found I was most effective staying away from the main battles and using hit and run tactics to attack from unexpected places 

• Supporters
15 hours ago, Shamal said:

Just get an aeg and when you fire it shake your arms. Jobs a good un

Magazine management is also important. Make sure you only load 40 rounds, and every time you buy one, set fire to £30.

10 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

load 40 rounds

Pfft, you're as well using a hicap or drum mag if loading 40.

I was surprised to discover that a TM MP7 is perfectly capable of holding its own in woodland as well as urban/CQB and they shoot miles with green gas and heavier bb’s.

Get one, you won’t regret it.

18 minutes ago, GON02 said:

I was surprised to discover that a TM MP7 is perfectly capable of holding its own in woodland as well as urban/CQB and they shoot miles with green gas and heavier bb’s.

Get one, you won’t regret it.

My mate said this after he got one.

I got one.

I don't regret it one bit 😁

That said, it did cost me almost the same again in mags and you'll want a proper sling mount for the rear. People do say parts are hard to come by, although I've no experience of that as it's not shit itself yet.

Going from AEG to GBBR isn't for everyone though, I only used mid-caps in my AEG previously so was kinda used to it but you really notice how often you have to change mags and also how heavy they are in the first few games. One thing it will do though, is speed up your transition to a sidearm in the middle of a firefight.

• Supporters

@shatis actually try holding one before you settle on an MP7. Personally I find the vertical grip angle just doesn't work for me. I have an MP9 which feels completely different (to me at least).