Dmr ammo load.

Sewdhull

What's a typical dmr ammo load?

I have some 20s and some normal ones. I've seen some shorter mags between the 2 sizes, 60s.

Feels like a good idea tobuseva shorter mag incase I want to lie down.

Can't see them in the UK tho only sixmm.com.

Any thoughts?

Probably relevant they need to be G36 mags :)

Edited by Sewdhull

Typical ammo load? I know nothing about G36 mags, but I like to carry an EPM1 or two full. Chances are I never use that many shots... but sometimes I come close (infinite respawn games + really bad players).

Ummmm don't know about typical but 400 bbs in 2 mags for my g3 with inferno engine.

Cant say i have ever actually gone through a full magazine though. But mostly its down to the mag that came with the rif and the only other one i could pick up at the time.

• Supporters

Those 60s look like a decent size, but if you're after price and practicality, then an M4 / STANAG magwell will give you far more choice.  I run short M4 mags in my G36 without any feeding issues (after a little bit of filing and sanding of the magwell)

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Sewdhull said:

Yes that's the 20s.

I've seen these but postage is a killer

https://www.sixmm.com/en-gb/products/ares-60-rds-magazine-for-ares-as36-sl-8-sl-9-sl-10-series

I'd be wary with ares mags, they're well known for not always fitting other brands of gnu. 

As @Rogerborghas said, an M4 mag well gives you so many more options for size/style/capacity. 👍

7 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Those 60s look like a decent size, but if you're after price and practicality, then an M4 / STANAG magwell will give you far more choice.  I run short M4 mags in my G36 without any feeding issues (after a little bit of filing and sanding of the magwell)

Or the PTS EPM-G (disregarding price 😂https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/pts-syndicate-epm-g-enhanced-polymer-aeg-mid-cap-magazine which fit into m4 pouches, go directly into the g36 and feeds beautiful.

They fit and feed, from my experience in:

S&T

JG

Cyma

Ares/VFC/Umarex

GSG

Thx, yeah I have many std mags for the g36 platform, it may be a non issue but a long mag might make being prone an issue, but it depends I guess how often I'm likely to have to lay down.

Thx for the input this far.

Long mags will cause issues when lying prone. I've got an MWS set up as a mk12 and I have issues if I lie prone as I can't get the rifle close enough to the ground. Even with the bipod deployed, unless I extend the legs my magazine will stick into the ground. I plan on getting a bunch of stubby mags, but GBBR mags are expensive :P

So yeah, if you can get them I'd go with short mags. They may have less ammo capacity, but with a DMR that largely doesn't really matter and I feel the benefit of being able to go prone easier outweighs the ammo capacity drawback.

15 minutes ago, Dan Robinson said:

Surely that is all relative to the size of one's gut? fuku2.gif

I would argue that my aim is higher lying prone than a less 'equipped' airsofter so a drum mag might be worth using on a DMR by me.

• Supporters
17 hours ago, Dan Robinson said:

Surely that is all relative to the size of one's gut? fuku2.gif

I can use a full on banana mag in prone. What's your point?