TM Glock 17 gen5 mos

Mikey80

Just wondered what peoples thoughts on the Tokyo marui Glock 17 gen5 mos were and how long these new releases normally take to touch down this side of the water, I’m torn between ordering a gen4 or holding out for the gen5 bit on the fence as I’m not a massive fan of the the slide colour of the gen 5 but thinking performance wise it’s got to be a step up

IMG_1985.jpeg

Redesigned BBU, MOS cut for optic plates but typically only fits Maruis RDS.

Carbon reinforced plastic and new mag design too.

Have been eyeing these myself, despite having a Gen 4. Hyperdouraku did a decent write up.  Apparently 20% more gas capacity due to new magazines with different internals (not just orange follower) as well as a stronger kick from redesigned BBU.   Video with more details and test firing too. Machsaki has done a couple of reviews too.

Edited by Hatchet
Edited for clarity.

1 hour ago, Mikey80 said:

Just wondered what peoples thoughts on the Tokyo marui Glock 17 gen5 mos were and how long these new releases normally take to touch down this side of the water, I’m torn between ordering a gen4 or holding out for the gen5 bit on the fence as I’m not a massive fan of the the slide colour of the gen 5 but thinking performance wise it’s got to be a step up

IMG_1985.jpeg

Not necessarily. The more weight you put on the slide the more you lose on gas efficiency. In this case I'd assume most people would run some kind of optics on it.

Probably it takes a few months to get here if you don't want to buy it from Japan or HK.

I've got the very old design Gen.3 and the newer Gen.4 and I love them both. 

Edited by Krisz

Hi guys I do have ordered one from impulse101  Airsoft but they stuck on Uk customs for about month now do anyone knows how to sort that out many thank you 

30 minutes ago, Ak74mn said:

Hi guys I do have ordered one from impulse101  Airsoft but they stuck on Uk customs for about month now do anyone knows how to sort that out many thank you 

Have a trawl through , it may be of help 👍🏼

Edited by JimFromHorsham

3 hours ago, Ak74mn said:

Did you give them your UKARA or site membership number for the package ?

The mags disassemble through pins, which I think is a step backwards. The slide is apparently a new material, which should be good. I read that the mags were improved because of the diecast material, but they said that about the Gen.4 as well. Also it seems to have the same 15mm BBU as the Gen.4, although presumably a different shape.

Don't forget it also depends if you like finger groves on your grip or not.

As a RIF I think it's cool if it's from a film, show or game you really like. I'm not sure what the Gen.5 17 has been featured in yet?

I will also add it depends on what you want to do with it. I've just done a full FDE Gen.4 build with 100% Guarder upper, it's beautiful and works very well. They're working on it as we speak, but it'll be a while before Guarder parts are readily available.

Edited by Cr0-Magnon

1 hour ago, 1st commando said:

Did you give them your UKARA or site membership number for the package ?

Hi.yes

4 hours ago, JimFromHorsham said:

Have a trawl through , it may be of help 👍🏼

Hi. Thank you 

• 4 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, JimFromHorsham said:

IMG_7182.thumb.jpeg.5fbaa7f8eb6081e34d469bb12b121d04.jpeg

IMG_7181.thumb.jpeg.9747e002d262a222261be45e05c38a95.jpeg

👀

Ahhh mannnnn!!!

4 minutes ago, JimFromHorsham said:

You already know Jim. You already know 😂 

Liking the look of this a lot 
To save me going to look it up, is the optics mount a standard one, or does it only take the plastic red dot they sold with the D.O.R Hi Capa?

(Not sure why I'm asking really, I can't afford £170 on a new pistol, however cool it looks)

Oooh, I like that!

Don't suppose it's got a threaded barrel? Or do you need an aftermarket one to fit a tracer?

2 hours ago, Madhouse said:

Oooh, I like that!

Don't suppose it's got a threaded barrel? Or do you need an aftermarket one to fit a tracer?

Nope..

IMG_6108.thumb.jpeg.439a26ec62b49cbb9beb3c5ef7c2e4bf.jpeg