MP7's ... Why so many for sale?

RostokMcSpoons

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'd best say right from the off, this isn't a troll question, I'm genuinely interested in the answers because I've been in the market for an MP7 for a long time now (unemployment has denied me the ability to buy one already)

So yeah, I've been watching the classifieds both here and other sites for a while, looking for a TM or VFC MP7 to buy.  There have been quite a few, and the rate of them appearing has accelerated recently, it seems. 

I guess the cold winter months won't help, all the gas guns move towards the back of the gun rack, figuratively speaking, as they become less effective for a few months, but still...

I've always thought a RIF's reliability and their (for want of a better term) 'lovability' can be somewhat judged by how many pop up in the ads... People don't ditch their favourite gat unless they're giving up the sport entirely, so why do they appear so often?

Could some ex-owners shed some light on why they offloaded theirs?

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

Interested to see this too, as I want to buy an mp7 and I'm still trying to work out whether I want the TM or VFC/Umarex one (at this point I'm also toying with the idea of just getting both...)

The MP7 is often the gateway GBB into "proper GBB" along with the vorsk vmp1 . People tend to shift the TM MP7 to get MWS and the VFC MP7 seems to give way to other VFC GBB .

I assume people who shift the vorsk just get to take a good look at themselves and decide how to turn their lives around

10 minutes ago, 1st commando said:

The MP7 is often the gateway GBB into "proper GBB" along with the vorsk vmp1 . People tend to shift the TM MP7 to get MWS and the VFC MP7 seems to give way to other VFC GBB .

This. 

This is exactly what I did. The cost of an mws and mags vs a tm mp7 and mags makes the mp7 seem like a great alternative.  When getting into gas guns and it is.....however most people still have that mws itch and eventually get one, the mp7 then become redundant or sold to help with raising funds.

What people should know is both a great gas guns, very different but both are awesome. 

36 minutes ago, Impulse said:

Interested to see this too, as I want to buy an mp7 and I'm still trying to work out whether I want the TM or VFC/Umarex one (at this point I'm also toying with the idea of just getting both...)

I watched a comparison video recently, because I have the same decision to make...

I'll try to find the video but the takeaway message was that both are great, you'll be happy with either, but maybe if you had the choice in a shop, the VFC is probably the one to get.  But it might come down to personal feels 😋

The VFC is 1:1 full size, is made of a better polymer and is (surprisingly) lighter (more felt recoil).

The TM has cheaper mags and more aftermarket parts. 

It's heavier because the external plastic is less strong, so it has a steel skeleton to reinforce it inside. 

Plus it has the famous TM pixie dust of course.

To twist the old IBM salesman phrase, no-one ever gets fired for buying TM 😄

Here's the video.  The comments are interesting.

Edit:  Here's the actual comparison video, I'll leave the VFC review below as that's useful too

Edited by RostokMcSpoons
Added the correct video!

I've got the VFC / Umarex one , and it's bloody great. Full size unlike the TM, shoots really well, lots of range and decent accuracy. Very distinctive 'crack' too when it fires.

I run it regularly and never feel out gunned or dissapointed in it.

GBB MP7 is a lovely gun (either TM or VFC it doesn't matter as long as you take care of it) but ergonomics isn't for everyone. Reloading is awful and there is limited amount of space compared to any assault rifle sized gun. As other people said it could be easily a gateway drug into GBBR world before you invest more money into it. You could say the same about MP9 and G5 altough you see them a lot less that's for sure.

Edited by Krisz

I sold my TM version earlier this year, for no other reason than not skirmishing it in a year plus of having it. 

My experience is limited to the TM version only, but I thought it a fantastic platform. It hopped .3s out of the box with no issue, and with more power than my MWS. Range was good enough for a woodland primary and part of me is regretting offloading it, especially as I had a bunch of spare mags and TM original replacement parts.

For info, some of the Hong Kong sites have them for sale for less than £200. 

I'd kinda noticed this too but they all look fecked IMO, I'm amazed sellers are offering some of them for over 'new prices' just coz of the extra mags. not surprised when the re list them in the classifieds time after time.

Must admit I noticed the VMP1 adds too but was confused when a few of those were listed recently.

I've no opinion on their performance tho as mine are 100% wall hangers.

Edited by gavinkempsell

Yeah Gavin, it does seem to be a bit of a theme of bashed up TM MP7s recently, I can see that plenty of parts are available from wgc, so it's not too frightening to fix one up, but the price had better be right!

I would consider a Vorsk for shits and giggles,  because at the current used prices (mostly quite sensible) I could try one for a while and get almost all my money back if / when I move it on.

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

Got my VMP1 from the classifieds on here & the MP7's online happy with them all except the AEG MP7, it couldn't blow the candles out on a birthday cake. 4 in the pic are from the classifieds on here.

396740172_24069936295955112_222002565997531499_n.jpg

We’ve spoken about my thoughts on the VFC MP7 ad nauseum, but I think it’s a couple of things.  As winter comes along the GBB’s get stashed away, but it’s also possibly that life’s a bit more cash at the moment.  If you have multiple guns, but things are a bit tight do you sell the AEG which can be used all year around, or the GBB which isn’t as effective for 1/3 year.  

You’ll prise my MP7 from my old arthritic hands before I sell it though!

• Supporters
27 minutes ago, Duff Beer said:

You’ll prise my MP7 from my old arthritic hands before I sell it though!

LOL, I still see you as the relatively young guy when we first started playing together, I forget it's not just me that's got old & fooked🤣

6 hours ago, Tackle said:

LOL, I still see you as the relatively young guy when we first started playing together, I forget it's not just me that's got old & fooked🤣

Thanks mate, I’m still on the fun side of old so there’s a few more summers in me yet.  I’ll just keep it until I can’t play anymore (or pintle mount it to my zimmer frame)

I did the maths recently, it’s nearly 20 years since we started!

• Supporters
10 minutes ago, Duff Beer said:

Thanks mate, I’m still on the fun side of old so there’s a few more summers in me yet.  I’ll just keep it until I can’t play anymore (or pintle mount it to my zimmer frame)

I did the maths recently, it’s nearly 20 years since we started!

Moved to where I am 23 years ago next week, started playing about a year later, & ft Amherst (where I soon met the SD's) was only the second site I played after Elektrowerkz, so it's more like 21+ years mate, we got old lol👨‍🦯👨‍🦽

& I'm still using one of my early guns, tm m4s am bestest 👍

Bloody hell that sounds familiar. I started off at electrowerkz in 2004 for a couple of years before playing at Ft Amherst till CAGE stopped running games there. 

Anyway, back on topic. I've been eyeing up a MP7 for a while but sods law keeps getting in the way and something else comes up when one becomes available. Hopefully I can pick one up in the new year as I've started doing more cqb in the past 12 months

• Supporters
36 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

Bloody hell that sounds familiar. I started off at electrowerkz in 2004 for a couple of years before playing at Ft Amherst till CAGE stopped running games there. 

Good times 😁

A buddy of mine (Chris/LaLa😉), & I, cleared the chapel in about a minute one day, more than 30 enemy at a guess, him leading from the front door & me leadind down the stairs, we literally ran through the rooms like a couple of tornadoes & almost shot each other 🤣

I think we were put on pedestals & worshipped as Airsoft gods that day

not-worthy-waynes-world.gif

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.