Anyone played the siege project in Stoke?

concretesnail

Whilst extremely amusing reading the replies. Instead of salt why not pop down for a game. I think you might enjoy the survival horror, be aware it’s a kill house so only those with a strong constitution will survive. Siegeproject.com you’ll be made to feel most welcome. Including the  HPA crowd. 😀 All the best lads I’ve empires to build. 

Edited by Sneakyduck
Readership has no sense of humour

19 minutes ago, Sneakyduck said:

why not pop down for a game.

Because not answering simple questions doesn't instill much confidence in how well the site is run

But I have you just don’t like the answer. 

Edited by Sneakyduck
Spelling

• Supporters
39 minutes ago, Sneakyduck said:

But I have you just don’t like the answer. 

Nope, all you've done is caress your ego with talk of empires etc. 

That's fine, you keep stroking yourself, it's likely this thread will be around for all to read & make up their own minds, long after your site has folded. 

Good luck empire builder😏

You know if you just popped down for a game you might enjoy yourself. After all, all I’m doing is trying to entertain you.

Edited by Sneakyduck
Shortening

22 minutes ago, Sneakyduck said:

all I’m doing is trying to entertain you.

Well your replies certainly are entertaining I'll give you that. They don't make me want to visit your site though

How does restricting one particular power source "level the playing field"?

On 25/07/2023 at 09:42, Cannonfodder said:

Wow, that's not good. I did a search on companies house and the only listing for Staffordshire militaria was that it was dissolved via compulsory strike off in 2016 and the address listed comes up on Google maps is a building which looks like it's been empty for a very long time, I'm guessing that was it. Either they're now registered under another name or up to some dodgy stuff.

As for their prices, see my last post in Mack's 

Incredible. 😅

1993368882_Screenshot2024-03-14171153.thumb.png.b14fbbef95f78faf31a8bff0e2185fb1.png
993021641_Screenshot2024-03-14171239.thumb.png.b9c52a402edbdf168a52d0be27a91129.png

Look I can’t force you to enjoy yourself, you obviously just want a moan. You’re all welcome anytime those are the rules of the site. You can vote with your feet that’s up to you. I wish you well but for me the matter is answered and closed. 

On the 26th March we have our try out Tuesday where you bring along someone who’s interested in airsoft but have never took the plunge. I offer half price for both as I see it as a great way to get new blood into the sport. 

I find it bizarre that @Sneakyduck wants to build his empire by directly pissing off members of the forum by not answering a very basic question.

It's not particularly entertaining, and I certainly won't be going to the site as a result.

On 16/03/2024 at 13:57, Dan Robinson said:

I find it bizarre that @Sneakyduck wants to build his empire by directly pissing off members of the forum by not answering a very basic question.

It's not particularly entertaining, and I certainly won't be going to the site as a result.

I suspect that we are not his target market.  Having spent more time than I care to in Stoke, I hate to think who his target market are.

• Supporters
18 minutes ago, Colin Allen said:

I suspect that we are not his target market.  Having spent more time than I care to in Stoke, I hate to think who his target market are.

I've thankfully never had that pleasure, but if I do, I'll watch out for Sneakyduck, no doubt dressed up like a little napoleon, wandering around surveying his empire🤣

1 hour ago, Colin Allen said:

I suspect that we are not his target market

I'd say the zombie themed games are usually aimed more towards the stag do or birthday party market and from experience those groups tend to make game days worse rather than better. Combined with an inability to answer simple questions quite frankly I'd rather shit in my hands and clap than give them any money

On 16/03/2024 at 13:57, Dan Robinson said:

How exactly have I not answered the question. Have you read the full thread?

On 17/03/2024 at 19:18, Colin Allen said:

All CQB old and young are my market. Everyone is made welcome and everyone gets a good game, whether they are from Stoke or not.

On 17/03/2024 at 20:58, Cannonfodder said:

I'd say the zombie themed games are usually aimed more towards the stag do or birthday party market and from experience those groups tend to make game days worse rather than better. Combined with an inability to answer simple questions quite frankly I'd rather shit in my hands and clap than give them any money

That’s a very strange answer seeing as though you are an avid viewer in my discord page. All information is on there and you know it’s not just about Zombies don’t you as you can see the story lines unfold. As you watch and look at the photos and videos you obviously know about all the love and hard work that’s been poured into the site. Why you were only talking to one or our guys saying about you coming down with 3 others. 

On 17/03/2024 at 19:39, Tackle said:

I've thankfully never had that pleasure, but if I do, I'll watch out for Sneakyduck, no doubt dressed up like a little napoleon, wandering around surveying his empire🤣

No in actual fact I will be hard at work making sure you’ve had the bast game day ever. Listening to your feedback to make the site even better. You know so that I can open more sites to give you all the game days you deserve, you know that kind of empire. 

27 minutes ago, Sneakyduck said:

How exactly have I not answered the question.

You have not provided a rationale for limiting HPA to a lower power than other weapons.

10 minutes ago, Colin Allen said:

You have not provided a rationale for limiting HPA to a lower power than other weapons.

If you care to read back I’m sure you will. Here’s a clue, Joule

On 24/07/2023 at 15:44, concretesnail said:

Afternoon all.

Has anyone here played, or attended the siege project in Stoke, linked to or run by Sierra airsoft possibly?

I ask as I found out about it and I'm curious as it's not too far away from me but their system doesn't readily give out information so I contacted them and got odd replies that then required additional clarification.

(See pictures)

I asked about site limits and rules as  cqb sites I've played in the past have weight limits for bbs as well as fps limits/joule limits and an evening game is £25 which would be wasted if I couldn't meet rules. 

Is the hap-hazard, almost mis-information, from who ever answered my query likely to reflect the way they run their site?

1117515957_Screenshot_20230724_154135_SpacesbyWix.thumb.jpg.cc8593b2e0c441dd44a17d0a1229d622.jpg519613450_Screenshot_20230724_154228_SpacesbyWix.thumb.jpg.02d5d95db71f18236320893e8339998a.jpg1489191430_Screenshot_20230724_154235_SpacesbyWix.thumb.jpg.abfa4681d791464571f9bbf8a002cbbe.jpg

It wouldn't be wasted if you had a hot rif then we would do all we could to help you with that, or offer a hire or offer a refund. So no waste.

Seeing as you guys are unwilling to let it go and seem intent on trying to dirty The Siege Projects good name, here’s a little education tool. I use this to explain why my and many other sites restrict HPA and GBB on site. Contrary to conspiracy theories all we’re trying to do is protect YOU the end user, so without further a-due please read on. 

What is the Difference Between Joules & FPS

While both joules and FPS can give an indication of your gun’s power, they are measuring different things. FPS is a measure of velocity, changing relative to the weight of a BB – heavier BBs mean less FPS, but this has no bearing on joules.

So, although the FPS of your gun may change depending on the weight of your BB, the level of kinetic energy (joules) it produces should always remain the same – in theory.

What is Joule Creep?

We say ‘in theory’ because there is something known as ‘joule creep’, which refers to how much air is present to push the BB out of the barrel.

The perfect amount of air in the system ensures your BB leaves the barrel with the right amount of joules and energy. Too little air means your BB stops accelerating before it reaches the end of the barrel, losing potential energy. Too much air means your BB will leave the barrel with the proper joule rating, but you will have excess air in the barrel that gets wasted, potentially destabilising the BB and leading to less accuracy.

Although many AEGs experience minimal joule creep, HPAs and GBBRs can see it happen more commonly.

You can counteract excess air by using heavier BBs. This being said, doing so is often against site rules, as when you chrono at the start, you should be doing so with the system setup you intend to use.

To find out more about using a chronograph to test how powerful your gun is, see our guide, which especially helpful for airsoft newbies.

What is airsoft chronograph? 
It is worth noting that it is possible to fire over the limit without intending to. Again, unlikely for AEG users, but it can be seen for HPA and GBBR players. Changes in the temperature can easily affect the gun’s output, often without the player even realising it.

Just now, Colin Allen said:

None of which provides a valid reason for restricting HPA users to a lower power output. 

You my friend are just being argumentative. Less hate more love

1 minute ago, Sneakyduck said:

You my friend are just being argumentative. Less hate more love

I am pointing out that your statements do not validate your approach to HPA; that is not being argumentative.

There is neither love nor hate in this discussion; if you think there is hate, you probably need to become somewhat less sensitive.

Why should people be willing to let go of misinformation being portrayed as fact?

Nobody here has said that joule creep is akin to Bigfoot or the Yeti. The majority of us are aware of joule creep it that is more prevalent in GBB and HPA. The limit imposed on it by your site is still arbitrary, regardless of the narrative that it's in the interest of safety. One can argue it sends a message that marshals are either disinclined to or incapable of doing adequate chrono checks so one can question what else there is a reluctance or incapacity to do in the name of ensuring safety. There's no obvious mention of liability insurance on the website either.

I've played at games on hot days where the host openly stated it's possible that GBB and HPA players could find their guns running with more energy by midday because of the higher ambient temperature. He didn't tuck his tail between his legs and say HPA and GBB users had to handicap themselves, he had them retest when day time temperatures peaked and had players adjust their guns and retest a second time if they were found to be hot. Nobody bitched about it and they acted honestly.

It's quite the contradiction to point out that GBB and HPA are more subject to joule creep than AEG while only applying a greater cap to HPA.

I've got no dog in this fight as I don't own any GBBRs or HPA guns though I disagree with the rationale of imposing the caps in place against HPA users compared to AEG and GBB.

Might I suggest that when you try to engage with people, you don't dismiss different points of view as "conspiracy theories"? Sometimes you learn more from those with dissenting views than those in an echo chamber.

Edited by Galvatron

4 minutes ago, Colin Allen said:

I am pointing out that your statements do not validate your approach to HPA; that is not being argumentative.

There is neither love nor hate in this discussion; if you think there is hate, you probably need to become somewhat less sensitive.

Ok so you don’t understand the concept joule creep that’s ok.

3 minutes ago, Galvatron said:

Why should people be willing to let go of misinformation being portrayed as fact?

Nobody here has said that joule creep is akin to Bigfoot or the Yeti. The majority of us are aware of joule creep it that is more prevalent in GBB and HPA. The limit imposed on it by your site is still arbitrary, regardless of the narrative that it's in the interest of safety. One can argue it sends a message that marshals are either disinclined to or incapable of doing adequate chrono checks so one can question what else there is a reluctance or incapacity to do in the name of ensuring safety. There's no obvious mention of liability insurance on the website either.

I've played at games on hot days where the host openly stated it's possible that GBB and HPA players could find their guns running with more energy by midday because of the higher ambient temperature. He didn't tuck his tail between his legs and say HPA and GBB users had to handicap themselves, he had them retest when day time temperatures peaked and had players adjust their guns and retest a second time if they were found to be hot. Nobody bitched about it and they acted honestly.

It's quite the contradiction to point out that GBB and HPA are more subject to joule creep than AEG while only applying a greater cap to HPA.

I've got no dog in this fight as I don't own any GBBRs or HPA guns though I disagree with the rationale of imposing the caps in place against HPA users compared to AEG and GBB.

Might I suggest that when you try to engage with people, you don't dismiss different points of view as "conspiracy theories"? Sometimes you learn more from those with dissenting views than those in an echo chamber.

I’m sorry but your response is beyond logic. You have no understanding of why sites do what they do or are just plain ignorant or as I say again are just looking for an argument. If you can’t be humble enough to take the point and realise these are the site rules then I can’t help you.