Plate carrier recommendations

ConfusedDad

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello

I’m looking for a new plate carrier which has interchangeable magazine pouches (M4 and SMG). Also a number of other pouches for ammo, speedloader, gas, car keys other general bits and bobs etc. 

so what do you recommend?

Thanks

Jon

1 hour ago, ConfusedDad said:

and bobs etc. 

Boy did I read that wrong...

OT: from talking with friends, Viper has some good stuff with the buckle up system for exchanging pouches/setups on the go! That's the brand I'll be going for anyway, when money starts becoming a thing again.

Edited by Smiling-Dutchman

Viper Tactical. I would recommend 8fields as well but those buckles made of chocolate so I'm not gonna do it. :D

Haven't gone wrong with my Warrior Asssault System plate carrier yet to be honest. Only issue is, it gets hot fecking fast so i've switched to a chest rig for now. I even paid Novritsch for some of the ventilated hexagonal dummy plates he sells to help with the heat.

A guy I was speaking to swears by the Bulldog Tactical plate carriers. There's plenty of options floating around in the classifieds, i'd have a mooch there to see what you like the look of.

Edited by MrTea

27 minutes ago, MrTea said:

Warrior Asssault System

WAS is a good shout! Had one before getting my DAG spitfire mk1 and it’s worlds above the repro stuff, and relatively cheap too (all things considered)

Warrior assault system.

I used repro before and was disappointed in the durability. 

Moved over to warrior kit after trying some at a game site. I've been using warrior kit ever since. Current plate carrier setup is an rpc. Placard system but you can use molle placard panels to build you own interchangeable setups, that's what I do.

Quick addition, I've tried some of the newer viper stuff, it's a mixed bag. If you stay within the viper range then stuff fits together but the clips need modification or replacement if you want it to fit with real steel kit.

Edited by concretesnail

• Supporters

I've used a Warrior Assault System DCS plate carrier for years and would really recommend their kit. I've had cheaper gear fall apart in the first day of playing, while my DCS has taken an absolute beating and the worst thing that's happened is it gets dusty or muddy which just washes off.

You can sometimes find bundles that save a bit of money on pouches, but can mean you are paying for pouches you don't use. Mine came with utility pouches that sat in a drawer for years until I discovered they held my LMG box mags, but then I'd rather use a belt and yoke with that setup anyway.

In hindsight unless the bundle is good, or you have experience with plate carriers I would buy a plate carrier and slowly add pouches to see how you get on. I find pouches that block my arm movement really irritating(where utility pouches tend to go), other players don't mind them at all.

I run a "Viper VX Buckle Up Carrier GEN 2" and I'm very happy with it. I bought it as price wise it's in the middle ground, not dirt cheap like something from 8 Fields but also not crazy genuine military provider prices. I use it with the 3x AR / 3x pistol buckle up front and the scrote pouch (and there's loads of molle on the sides for other pouches to be added, you can add velcro wing panels behind the front).

A feature I like is the zip up pocket on front at the top, I put my large smartphone in it and then my wallet in the front of it to protect it. Also I run it without the plates in it, for me they add nothing other than bulk, also with them in it's a lot harder to feel a BB hit you on the carrier.

• Supporters

My personal favourite is a TMC AVS.

Comfy, modular, takes the Crye style front flaps or can easily run placards with the addition of a couple of clips. Loads of options for QD cummerbunds and back panels too so you can tailor your loadout to your specific needs on the day!

That said, I mostly run chest rigs these days.

If you want something that looks good, is functional and will probably hold some resell value, look at the Z-Shot Crye licensed PCs. TMC and Emerson also make good Crye replicas. They are light, well made and in the case of the JPC 2.0 and AVS, modular.

+1 for WAS. I've been rolling with my DCS for a while now for a CTPSW impression and it's honestly pretty good. It gets very warm in the summer though. In the heatwaves we've had my WG turns MCB from sweat. It's not a great look.

I'm thinking about picking up a FCPC V5 but I really can't justify dropping £400+ on all the parts right now

• 3 weeks later...

Don’t know what your budget is but Crye JPC 2.0 or AVS so can build up your rig then just swap out the front panel for different mag compatibility takes seconds. 

I’m sure there are copies available if you don’t want to drop 300+ quid on a rig. 

On 23/07/2023 at 21:30, MrTea said:

A guy I was speaking to swears by the Bulldog Tactical plate carriers. There's plenty of options floating around in the classifieds, i'd have a mooch there to see what you like the look of.

Yes I use bulldog. It's the mission alert plate carrier. Been faultless since day one. 

I have a Warrior Assault Systems RPC and I don't need any other plate carrier. Got 3 clip on front panels for it; one for AR/AK mags, one for 7.62x51 mags and one for SMG mags. It's such a nice plate carrier and it fits my 6'5 frame nicely, which not all repros do!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.