Omg this mini gun

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

It's just the design, it's really out there. Would be perfect in a Sci fi film.

Edited by Titchiemagoo

• Supporters

I'd actually be slightly tempted, which is kinda weird for me as I only do single shot generally, but I'd have to put a stock or something on it to make it more substantial & rifle like. 

• Supporters

Surprisingly, they do seem to actually shoot more or less consistently.

Lolz and all, but more to go wrong.

• Supporters
9 minutes ago, EDcase said:

$529 😬, is that usd or hkd ? 

15 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Its USD

I don't see one in my future.

Its going to be annoying if several people have these at a game.

Luckily the range seems rather poor.

Edited by EDcase

• Supporters
13 minutes ago, Tackle said:

It's Evike so US.

• Supporters
23 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Meh. It's just another high ROF AEG with a box mag (and more ways to malfunction). No different to someone BRRRTING with a FireHawk.  Don't make me break out the memepic. ;) 

The impressive bit is how they've managed to sync up the barrels with the puff from the piston: I'd be fairly confident that'll go wrong - or be "upgraded" until it goes wrong - in short order if you actually use it.

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

Surprisingly, they do seem to actually shoot more or less consistently.

Lolz and all, but more to go wrong.

Bro needs to sort out his hop.

1 hour ago, Tackle said:

If it was HKD, it would be the bargain of the decade.

32 minutes ago, Dan Robinson said:

Bro needs to sort out his hop.

IIRC the miniguns that came out years ago didn't have a hop up as the rotating barrels messed it up. It could be like those 

I was wondering how it would work with tat may barrels.  You could design one that only had one effective barrel perhaps to simulate a minigun. 5 adjustable hops on a single gun would be a nightmare LOL.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, EDcase said:

Its USD

I don't see one in my future.

Luckily the range seems rather poor.

2 hours ago, Lozart said:

It's Evike so US.

Wow, that much for a Well, I'll definitely pass, as has been pointed out, might as well "wanker gun" something that's half the price (& probably twice the quality lol) 

• Supporters

As someone who has owned several rotating minigun-type guns, and from the research I've done, the WELL offering is far from worth it. 

To discuss some of the other things - the CA M134 (the big ol chonker of the group) has a sort of hop, which is basically a small strip of rubber that runs 360* around the barrels and indexes over the window. each "hop" is adjusted by an individual hex wrench. Mine broke down and CA refuses to answer my inquires about buying a replacement, so Im debating mounting my 6 barrels on my lathe and adapting it for a TDC-style hop like you find on some guns (im thinking Daytonas but I know others use the same screw-like system). Big, heavy, very fast ROF (especially for the time). Perfect for vehicle mounting or juggernaut games; not much else. 2000 round capacity (but has an option for an ammo pack if you're creative), 50RPS.

The CA M132 4-barrelled was the first "modern" minigun design, in that it takes standard barrels and buckings. Its still adjusted independently by hex wrenches per hop. They're easier to adjust, as you can remove the battery, hold down the trigger, and manually spin the barrel so a shot only comes out of the barrel you're adjusting. Doable, and can be effective. This one has the same classic "movie" handheld-style design. It had an innovating magazine system that acts sort of like a giant midcap, giving spring tension so it could be fired from any angle. 2200 round capacity, 38RPS standard ROF but there was an aftermarket motor that brought it in-line with the more expensive CAs, at 48RPS. It also is the only one with an available externals kit, which is made for vehicle-mounting. Its the only one I have used on the field; a video for reference is below. I was one of the first people in the US with one at this event, so I had photographers following me around taking action shots.

The CA M133 is the second-most recent minigun. Also a four barrel design, this one breaks away from the m132 and m134 by being battery-operated. The previous two were both HPA. It also changes up the design with a "chainsaw"-style, leading to less of a hip-fire oriented design and therefore better for using around cover and more accurately. The second-most expensive of the styles, with a 2200 round capacity. The only one able to switch ROFs, between low (25RPS) and high (50RPS).

The WELL M134 breaks both the naming convention and price point, being $100 cheaper than the M132, and almost $500 less than the battery-operated M133. Despite that it lacks some of the things that make the others good, namely a good place for an off-hand grip - trading that space for rail space for whatever reason. . While some people seem to use them "stagecoach"-style one-handed, its not ideal. Performance is also meh; demo videos of the gun showed rounds sometimes not even travelling 20m. 5 barrels is also unique for miniguns, and 1200 rounds puts it in a not great place compared to many of the CA options for capacity. Its max ROF is 40RPS.

So is the WELL worth it? Well (pun intended) I cant really say. Miniguns are a very niche weapon type and offer 0 actual advantage on the field as long as that level of ROF is allowed. The only benefit is a coolness factor (admittedly very important) and a little bit of intimidation. The WELL offering does bring  players a new option at a yet-unseen price point; to get the cheapest CA you're still looking at an additional $100, plus a few more if you do not have the required HPA setup. But is the gun good enough to be fieldable, and durable enough to be used long enough to make the investment worth it? Only time and reviews will tell.

Now I never mentioned the other two miniguns out there, and that's because I have no experience with them. Craft Apple Works made the original minigun, and later sold/incorporated the design into creating the more mass-produced Echo1 version. CA showed up with their own design not too long after, and has until now dominated the minigun market - as small as it may be.

1103371109_IMG-1833(1).thumb.jpg.836f4382a87f95a102c6216140bf5ce1.jpgIMG-5389.thumb.jpg.9a3a69875ef3f58fc4788f22974e05be.jpgIMG-1818.thumb.jpg.a8551078841c1e9b3f791a0148fe558a.jpgIMG-5788.thumb.jpg.fed60a86b33e0a3e20fb5e3109df39c8.jpg

• Supporters
15 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

IIRC the miniguns that came out years ago didn't have a hop up as the rotating barrels messed it up. It could be like those 

It's got some sort of hop, and looks to be over-hopped for the BBs being used.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters
1 hour ago, Lesteraction said:

A Leatherman knife is a multi-tool knife produced by the Leatherman company. Leatherman is a well-known brand that manufactures high-quality multitools. These tools include knives, pliers, screwdrivers, and other tools integrated into a single compact device.

7tdqtw.jpg

@Jedi_Master ???? 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.