Tips for Dmrs

Guest Searria 119

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Guest Searria 119

I’ve very recently have been using a DMR in matches 

it’s all zeroed in correctly cause I can get it to hit targets that the range has dotted around but when it comes to hitting players I’m having trouble mainly due to issues with tracking my shots are there any tips for improving my hit chances and shot tracking (specifically in shaded areas)

Edited by Searria 119

You have two areas of improvement, one of which is vastly more important than the other.

First, improve your target recognition, shot tracking, positioning, etc. Shot tracking will get better as you get to know how the replica shoots--without sun to see the BB you have to rely on knowing where it's supposed to be, the sound it makes when it hits the environment or players, and even look for physical disturbances, like rustled leaves or shirts.

You should also be very familiar with your effective range to make sure your shots aren't simply falling short of target. If you wanted to be analytical about it, you could easily use google maps to create an overlay of your field and notate some distances to let you know what your range is from certain positions.

Positioning is huge for DMR players, but that's pretty self-explanatory. You should know what your optimum positions are on the fields that you play at, where fire will come from, what points you can move up to and back from, etc, how to manipulate angles on different pieces of cover.

The second much less important area of improvement is your replica itself. Doing stabilization mods, using higher quality, heavier ammunition, changing your hop rubber and nub, or even polishing your barrel are easy ways to improve effective range.

Improve yourself before your replica!

Guest Iguana tactical
2 minutes ago, Leo Greer said:

You have two areas of improvement, one of which is vastly more important than the other.

First, improve your target recognition, shot tracking, positioning, etc. Shot tracking will get better as you get to know how the replica shoots--without sun to see the BB you have to rely on knowing where it's supposed to be, the sound it makes when it hits the environment or players, and even look for physical disturbances, like rustled leaves or shirts.

You should also be very familiar with your effective range to make sure your shots aren't simply falling short of target. If you wanted to be analytical about it, you could easily use google maps to create an overlay of your field and notate some distances to let you know what your range is from certain positions.

Positioning is huge for DMR players, but that's pretty self-explanatory. You should know what your optimum positions are on the fields that you play at, where fire will come from, what points you can move up to and back from, etc, how to manipulate angles on different pieces of cover.

The second much less important area of improvement is your replica itself. Doing stabilization mods, using higher quality, heavier ammunition, changing your hop rubber and nub, or even polishing your barrel are easy ways to improve effective range.

Improve yourself before your replica!

Yeah I know practice is Important I’m not looking for quick fixes and as far as rang recognition goes I’m pretty decent at that and I play towards the back so I rarely get too close 

as for my replica it’s a double eagle bolt action it’s surprisingly good considering the reputation of double eagle but It does mean it’s difficult to upgrade the barrel and hop up 

Guest Searria 119
28 minutes ago, Leo Greer said:

So you're a sniper, not a DMR?

It’s a Dmr cause of fps but yeah I guess I run it more like a sniper 

Practice, practice, practice!

Only way to get better is to shoot more. Shooting at static targets is useful for getting to know how your rifle shoots, time to impact at different distances etc. Once you are very familiar with how your rifle shoots, you need to practice leading shots in game. It takes some practice because airsoft is incredibly inconsistent, but you'll eventually get a feel for how your rifle shoots in different conditions and be able to judge shots on moving targets easier.

All this said, it's definitely easier if you have a scope with a good reticle with mildots. I was running a scope with mildots over the weekend and it made adjusting for wind so much easier as I knew "for this shot, I need to aim two mildots to the left (of which there was quite a breeze on Sunday!)

• Supporters
On 20/05/2023 at 23:59, Searria 119 said:

If it's a bolt action rifle with a minimum engagement distance, I'd just call it a sniper for simplicity.  People seeing "DMR" will assume it's a semi auto.

On 20/05/2023 at 22:49, Searria 119 said:

I’ve very recently have been using a DMR in matches.......

On 20/05/2023 at 23:20, Iguana tactical said:

as for my replica it’s a double eagle bolt action........

On 20/05/2023 at 23:59, Searria 119 said:

If you're going to have duplicate accounts (which is against forum rules btw) then at least make sure you're logged in on the right one when replying 

2 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

If you're going to have duplicate accounts (which is against forum rules btw) then at least make sure you're logged in on the right one when replying 

This is the same retard that’s been fishing for likes on his noobtube and asking for info that he can plagiarise for content. 

• Supporters

@Jedi_Master, can you wield the ban hammer please, duplicate accounts & blatantly stealing content to claim as his own on yet another poxy YouTube channel, most of them do more harm than good for Airsoft perception.  

He'll be giving himself likes & feedback next 🤬

Guest Searria 119
5 hours ago, Impulse said:

Practice, practice, practice!

Only way to get better is to shoot more. Shooting at static targets is useful for getting to know how your rifle shoots, time to impact at different distances etc. Once you are very familiar with how your rifle shoots, you need to practice leading shots in game. It takes some practice because airsoft is incredibly inconsistent, but you'll eventually get a feel for how your rifle shoots in different conditions and be able to judge shots on moving targets easier.

All this said, it's definitely easier if you have a scope with a good reticle with mildots. I was running a scope with mildots over the weekend and it made adjusting for wind so much easier as I knew "for this shot, I need to aim two mildots to the left (of which there was quite a breeze on Sunday!)

I do have a decent scope that has them cause I use them for gauging my distances if the head fits with in the first markings I know there 30 meters or more 

5 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

If it's a bolt action rifle with a minimum engagement distance, I'd just call it a sniper for simplicity.  People seeing "DMR" will assume it's a semi auto.

I mentioned dmr to indicate fps range and minimum engagement for it 

but looking back I probably should have added them anyway for better clarity 

2 minutes ago, Searria 119 said:

I do have a decent scope that has them cause I use them for gauging my distances if the head fits with in the first markings I know there 30 meters or more 

You mug @Searria 119or is it @Iguana tacticalim really confused. 

Guest Searria 119
4 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

Ones personal and ones work related and I it was my browser auto logging me into the wrong account but I’ve sorted it out so won’t happen again 

Guest Searria 119
1 hour ago, SBoardley said:

This is the same retard that’s been fishing for likes on his noobtube and asking for info that he can plagiarise for content. 

1 hour ago, Tackle said:

@Jedi_Master, can you wield the ban hammer please, duplicate accounts & blatantly stealing content to claim as his own on yet another poxy YouTube channel, most of them do more harm than good for Airsoft perception.  

1 hour ago, Tackle said:

I’ve requested deletion of the second account so it’s just waiting on the forum to complete it 

5 minutes ago, SBoardley said:

You know it goes against forum rules to have multiple accounts? Be prepared… just saying. 

The other account was created by my brother 

just on my computer which is why it accidentally signed me into the wrong account 

but like I said earlier the accounts been requested for deletion 

• Supporters

But why do it in the first place, it's dodgy af & just reaffirms the general consensus that your a bit of a douche. 

Allegedly 😏

13 minutes ago, Searria 119 said:

Ones personal and ones work related and I it was my browser auto logging me into the wrong account but I’ve sorted it out so won’t happen again 

aOzWOm3_460s.jpg

Guest Searria 119
3 minutes ago, Tackle said:

But why do it in the first place, it's dodgy af & just reaffirms the general consensus that your a bit of a douche. 

Allegedly 😏

aOzWOm3_460s.jpg

This one was created first cause I came looking for an answer for a fairly serious thing 

and after seeing how useful the form was my brother created an account for the channel we have cause he thought it could be potentially useful 

49 minutes ago, Searria 119 said:

That does not explain why you have two accounts.

44 minutes ago, Searria 119 said:

just on my computer which is why it accidentally signed me into the wrong account 

I thought you said one was personal and one was work related.  If you are going to lie, pick a story and stick to it.

53 minutes ago, Searria 119 said:

This one was created first cause I came looking for an answer for a fairly serious thing 

and after seeing how useful the form was my brother created an account for the channel we have cause he thought it could be potentially useful 

On the same day.  

He or they or whoever have fucked themselves up good and proper.

Those names will have no credibility on here anymore. 

R.i.p dudes ☹️

1 hour ago, Searria 119 said:

1 hour ago, Searria 119 said:

So which one is it? If you're going to make shit up at least be consistent

With the amount of blatant bullshit you're spewing have you thought about going into politics?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.