Novritsch SSQ22 GBBR

Speedbird_666

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Not everyone's cup of tea, but it's the first GBBR that I have been genuinely interested in.

Pretty reasonably priced (for a GBBR) - they are doing discounted bundles which includes scopes and mags.

Just seen some new vids on this looks good.

Im currently looking to see what gbbr i get, im thinking:

- KWA Kriss Vector

- VFC HK416A5

- VFC MP5

- VFC MP7

- SSQ22

If anyone has any recommendation which of these to get...

14 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Not everyone's cup of tea, but it's the first GBBR that I have been genuinely interested in.

Pretty reasonably priced (for a GBBR) - they are doing discounted bundles which includes scopes and mags.

Novritsch doesn't manufacture anything he only sells overpriced rebranded guns. This gun is just a KJW KCO2 isn't it?

Edited by Krisz

Have another airsoft content creator that people generally hate, but I was honestly surprised, as I expected him to shill it, but Kicking Mustang did a video on it saying that it's crap. I didn't plan on getting it anyway, as I have my MWS and my AKM and my mp9 (and plan on getting an mp7 and a mac11), so I don't need any more GBBRs, and I have seen other people say good things, but I guess only time will tell.

I think the usual "don't buy the gen1" advice is the best way to approach it.

26 minutes ago, Krisz said:

Novritsch doesn't manufacture anything he only sells overpriced rebranded guns.

And Specna, ASG*, Umarex, Evolution, Cybergun etc. don't do exactly the same thing?

*Yes, I know ASG do make the Scorpion Evo in-house, but that's about it.

16 minutes ago, Impulse said:

Have another airsoft content creator that people generally hate, but I was honestly surprised, as I expected him to shill it, but Kicking Mustang did a video on it saying that it's crap. I didn't plan on getting it anyway, as I have my MWS and my AKM and my mp9 (and plan on getting an mp7 and a mac11), so I don't need any more GBBRs, and I have seen other people say good things, but I guess only time will tell.

I think the usual "don't buy the gen1" advice is the best way to approach it.

I despise kickingtwat but I have to say that I appreciated his honesty in that Video. The gun has been crossed-off my 'to buy' list until I see independant (not shilled) evidence that his was a duffer and not representative of the entire product line.

1 hour ago, Speedbird_666 said:

And Specna, ASG*, Umarex, Evolution, Cybergun etc. don't do exactly the same thing?

*Yes, I know ASG do make the Scorpion Evo in-house, but that's about it.

I despise kickingtwat but I have to say that I appreciated his honesty in that Video. The gun has been crossed-off my 'to buy' list until I see independant (not shilled) evidence that his was a duffer and not representative of the entire product line.

Rule of thumb is that you don't buy anything first gen. Let other people to buy it and later regret it because it turned out it's shit. Silverback MDR-X would be a prime example.

And from youtube: "For anyone wondering, this is actually not a KC-02 rebrand but most likely a reworked version of A1A Raptor (which is based on KC-02 but is not the same). Out of the box the SSQ22 is definitely an upgrade compared to a stock KC-02 since it uses VSR buckings, VSR barrel with an improved TDC wheel and a piston that doesn't break during first game."

So I was wrong it's not a KC02. Regardless I would never trust novri guns.

Edited by Krisz

36 minutes ago, Krisz said:

Rule of thumb is that you don't buy anything first gen. Let other people to buy it and later regret it because it turned out it's shit. Silverback MDR-X would be a prime example.

Oh, I've been around the block long enough to see plenty of new product failures. The TSI Tavor is a classic example from ~2009. That gun makes the MDR-X look shit-hot amazeballs in comparison.

4 hours ago, Impulse said:

Have another airsoft content creator that people generally hate, but I was honestly surprised, as I expected him to shill it, but Kicking Mustang did a video on it saying that it's crap.

3 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

I despise kickingtwat but I have to say that I appreciated his honesty in that Video. 

Yeah, surprising.   Not many would knock back "4 figures"*  when it's Novritsch (a name which I suspect will guarantee plenty of fan-boi positive reviews, regardless) that would mean he could get away with a review that was 'generous'.

(He's still enough of a silly-billy to be test firing at a tree at very short range when not wearing eye-pro, but I guess they're his eyeballs he's risking)

If there's one other good thing that comes out of that video, it's the confirmation that power does not necessarily equal greater range.   And I've got a confirmation that 0.40g BBs are the way to go with my GBBR... I'll buy some more.

* May include decimals... or 'inflation' ;)

22 hours ago, Lluis said:

Just seen some new vids on this looks good.

Im currently looking to see what gbbr i get, im thinking:

- KWA Kriss Vector

- VFC HK416A5

- VFC MP5

- VFC MP7

- SSQ22

If anyone has any recommendation which of these to get...

Don’t buy a KWA Vector. Unless you’re a massive Vector fan and can accept all the limitations of:

The newest ones are ten years old now.

There are essentially no original spares, but a bit of a cottage industry in reverse engineered parts.

They are old, inefficient technology, and difficult to skirmish. You need to be dedicated to own one, and be happy to accept all of their limitations.

They are very expensive.

Krytac are rumoured to be thinking about releasing their own, which will likely destroy values of KWA’s

57 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Krytac are rumoured to be thinking about releasing their own, which will likely destroy values of KWA’s

Innnnnnnnnnnnnteresting.

Although, that's what someone would say looking to tank their values to buy them up cheap before a non existent Krytac release ha.

42 minutes ago, hitmanNo2 said:

Innnnnnnnnnnnnteresting.

Although, that's what someone would say looking to tank their values to buy them up cheap before a non existent Krytac release ha.

lol, I have zero interest in buying anymore Airsoft guns. I’ve owned more than my fair share and have no need to scalp anyone, be happy in your life my dude.

As someone who used to defend Novritsch products, usually against the people who claimed "It's massively overpriced, because you can make the same for less yourself"....I just can't with their RIF's anymore. I mean fair enough I did want it upgraded beyond the "pre-upgraded out of the box" level, but that was mainly because it was overheating quickly (changed motor and MOSFET). Then the gearbox cracked. Anyway, my SSR4 is the one shown in the first 50 seconds of this video....

Edited by Cr0-Magnon

Just saw another 'Tuber give it a review that isn't exactly great:

"The accuracy past 40m did let the SSQ22 down"

"I was using black gas in the setup and I'd say that the recoil on the SSQ22 was comparable to the recoil on my Marui 416 AEG"
"I have had some issues with a couple of leaky mags and have had to replace o-rings on a couple of them"

I guess the gen1 models just aren't great. We'll see if they make it any better moving forward, because these issues highlighted are pretty bad in my opinion.

2 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

As someone who used to defend Novritsch products, usually against the people who claimed "It's massively overpriced, because you can make the same for less yourself"....I just can't with their RIF's anymore. I mean fair enough I did want it upgraded beyond the "pre-upgraded out of the box" level, but that was mainly because it was overheating quickly (changed motor and MOSFET). Then the gearbox cracked. Anyway, my SSR4 is the one shown in the first 50 seconds of this video....

''It's massively overpriced, because you can make the same for less yourself"

It's funny because it's true. 

19 minutes ago, Krisz said:

''It's massively overpriced, because you can make the same for less yourself"

It's funny because it's true. 

Depends on the person, I certainly couldn't - the same applies to a lot of people. The main perk I'm left with is if I damage something externally (say the upper receiver), then even someone with my basic level of tech skill could order just that part.

Anyway, as I say knowing what I do now, I would have gone about things a different way. 

I watched that KM video and it was refreshing to see him drop the persona. Unfortunately I can also see how it wouldn't be of any interest to the LADbible crowd which are all over his painful headshot compilations.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw a comment earlier on about how the A1 Raptor or the SSQ would be better than a stock KC02.

For anyone that cares, this is nonsense because:

•The Nov/A1A gun is made of the cheapest, heaviest and most brittle pot metal. There’s the leftover redundant front section from the A1A’s take down function, meaning the only thing that centres and retains the outer barrel assembly is the rail. 

•The “improved” tdc wheel has no tensioner. It’ll happily just adjust itself from the action of the bolt.

•The A1A banana mags are infamously leaky, potential hand grenades. The KC02 mags are indestructible.

•The Novristch team left behind several redundant parts from the A1A’s trigger box, one of these being the full auto sear. The split sear system in those full auto packs is terrible and I can see many of these guns refusing to fire in semi auto soon.

• The roller bearing on the hammer is going to destroy the Chinesium bolt carrier on the SSQ22.

Finally, the feedback I’ve had on the feel of the SSQ is that the quality of the plastics is comparable to a cheap Nerf gun.

Stock KC = much better base gun for a build. If you’re curious about the Novristch, the sales section will be full of them soon.

Rogueworx are designing a replacement hop unit and nozzle for this dumpster fire. Give it a year or so and the SSQ may be a good platform

As a Brucey bonus for getting to the end of my wall of text, here are my own rather naughty KC02 builds.

@Speedbird_666 IMG_5906.thumb.jpeg.ef9a65146f03f4c5fa9cf0a071b22588.jpeg6AD861B9-CDAD-420A-97F9-DBAB3DC6F709.thumb.jpeg.84f124252b0647739e8a4125ad599db7.jpegIMG_5787.thumb.jpeg.ddb945bf66e260a5b241bd7e95800770.jpegBuy a KC, slap it in a Ruger stock and stand out as the guy with the all-American plinkster at your next game day

Edited by Alimcd

18 minutes ago, Leo Greer said:

[snip]most people can't build their own RIF and expect it to work well.

I think that is pretty much most of his market. And it makes sense really.

I do not own a single Novritch product, so I cannot be classed as a fanboi, but I respect the fact that he's trying to do something a bit different.

23 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

I think that is pretty much most of his market. And it makes sense really.

I do not own a single Novritch product, so I cannot be classed as a fanboi, but I respect the fact that he's trying to do something a bit different.

This is why I always say that Novritsch stuff is usually okay, but it's designed to be bought and used without being tinkered with (and they do a decent job usually for this). For people like me who like to tinker with all my guns, there's no point.

That said, I do like some of his ghillie stuff. His gun wraps make decent bases and his raffia is pretty good. Trying out his knock-off haloscreen stuff next (waiting for it to arrive), but his leaves are trash and fall apart :P 

Edited by Impulse

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.