Double eagle Noveske n4 - MWS clone

Wavey_Gravey

It looks really nice and so that’s a positive. What’s it feel like? Is there any wobble or creaking? Does the build quality feel robust enough or do the materials feel cheap? 

If it was a Tokyo Marui I’d buy it without hesitation, although it would be a lot more expensive. But, I’ve no experience with Double Eagle other than knowing they’re a cheaper, Chinese brand. With this being up around the Tokyo Marui price bracket, it would be nice to know it’s worth getting before spending the cash. 

13 minutes ago, Super64 said:

It looks really nice and so that’s a positive. What’s it feel like? Is there any wobble or creaking? Does the build quality feel robust enough or do the materials feel cheap? 

If it was a Tokyo Marui I’d buy it without hesitation, although it would be a lot more expensive. But, I’ve no experience with Double Eagle other than knowing they’re a cheaper, Chinese brand. With this being up around the Tokyo Marui price bracket, it would be nice to know it’s worth getting before spending the cash. 

It actually feels less toyish than TM to be honest. I was actually tempted to buy one despite not liking the MWS platform 

Ok , I’ll keep It brief for now and a “first impressions” rather than a full strip down . It’s worth me noting that I do not have a TM MWS here next to me for a direct comparison but I have had a bit of time with them here and there , WE M4 platform GBBR is my main go to for my collection purely for ease of parts and selection . And Tokyo Marui for pistols .However I’m hoping to have an MWS on loan so I can perhaps do a few side by sides but no idea when then might be , likely end of the month . 

The box - standard issue , cardboard and foam , silica packs . Nothing about this is TM , think King Arms . It’s a box to get the gun from A-B. Although nicely printed.

IMG_4995.thumb.jpeg.963fad492196d1001112eb50e4399484.jpeg

inside you’ll find the rifle , magazine , iron sights ( we shall get to those later ) , speed loader adapter and a baggie of words .

IMG_4996.thumb.jpeg.26c5260161081e1f8edd1e0c457e8d0e.jpeg

magazine looks pretty decent , not as nice as the guns modify and I suspect these are Ace-1 arms ? RS Ranger plates do not fit , however looking around they can be had for £35-£40 ish from HK so if they hold gas and feed fine could be a cheaper way of boosting that load out .

IMG_4997.thumb.jpeg.e3a1395631586b439c29f1aa20b6e80d.jpegIMG_4998.thumb.jpeg.ca839a9741f4c72b1cbe09da0ab391df.jpeg

feed lips and router look pretty good , 

IMG_4999.thumb.jpeg.f407127ea26b7ba3e1952db00e4c3aa3.jpeg

speed loader adaptor is a perfect fit to a TM loader and loads the magazines beautifully 

IMG_5001.thumb.jpeg.32c80689bb90c45183c4d33a48aa992c.jpeg

Tbc.

Stock is a Magpul clone , a little wobbly on the tube nothing that couldn’t be shimmed so standard airsoft really , RS MOE-SLK fits very well and the rattle is reduced by at least 50% .(pics later ) 

IMG_5004.thumb.jpeg.ff47c3feaf879dfd958fe7be1b0ed51f.jpeg

grip is a Magpul K clone , nicely made , no branding and I will test fit a genuine one later .

IMG_5005.thumb.jpeg.12e549fb8e90d1f89871bd1792c35808.jpeg

iron sights …. Ugh , horrible cheap plastic , wobbly , grim . A real let down . Fitted for the pictures but they will go in the bin tbh . 

IMG_5006.thumb.jpeg.3375cf3f8a4f43da4893c085e9e7ee5a.jpegIMG_5007.thumb.jpeg.a4e332ef153fd202b5da63b5b6369237.jpeg

steel flash hider is nice :) 

IMG_5008.thumb.jpeg.dab4daf00c874822c2356444b10b77b7.jpeg

quick break down , upper to lower fit is excellent , no play whatsoever and the pins are lovely and snug needing a pin pusher to release 

IMG_5009.thumb.jpeg.b7ef4ab252aaa31f6b33c928146de3cd.jpeg

Bolt and buffer assembly all seem pretty decent , a magnet over the trigger group shows alot of steel parts 

IMG_5010.thumb.jpeg.b8dc1b7f8f124f522b93cd4587003502.jpegIMG_5011.thumb.jpeg.e6cf07c88f7ca2e103c6461b731b38a7.jpeg

bolt is nice , all seems well fitted together ,although it was very dry so gave a quick wipe over with a light oil , 

IMG_5012.thumb.jpeg.98fa4a16e99bbfea5cbf05b273003a1d.jpeg

IMG_5013.thumb.jpeg.c578958e3b5b64912cceab74cdbf23f6.jpegIMG_5014.thumb.jpeg.6c9cd74ab387ae5cda12136c2ec597c8.jpeg

spring is fairly soft , cocking the rifle the return is what I’d describe as lazy but this may be because it was dry and not run in .

tbc.

• 1 month later...

Bloody typical. I’ve been mulling over the idea of buying one of these ever since I saw them for sale on High Pressure Airsoft. No where else had them and so I debated backwards and forwards and eventually decided to take the plunge and got one around 2 weeks ago. It appears it was the last one they had in tan, because after I bought it the tan was showing out of stock. I felt pretty good about it, glad I hadn’t missed out. I felt even better about it when it arrived as it’s gorgeous looking and feels really good in the hand. Of course, that good feeling has reduced a bit when I see Defcon now has them in stock, £200 cheaper than what I paid at High Pressure Airsoft. More annoying is I was intending to wait until payday on 15th, but being an impatient sod, I didn’t wait. Could have saved myself £200 if I’d been less impatient. 

Oh well. The joys of our hobby I guess 😏

I have a simliar tale, didn't want to spend UK prices so about a week ago I got one from WGC for 363 quid shipped. When it turns up I'm expecting customs charges and if i'd only waited a week I could have picked it up from Bespoke for 350.

I guess I'm just going to have to put it down to experience. It's going to hurt for the next week or so, but in the grand scheme of things, it's not that big a deal. I was happy to pay the price at the time. I hate to think how much I've spent over the years and I'm guessing most of us are in the same boat 🙂

42 minutes ago, Super64 said:

I guess I'm just going to have to put it down to experience. It's going to hurt for the next week or so, but in the grand scheme of things, it's not that big a deal. I was happy to pay the price at the time. I hate to think how much I've spent over the years and I'm guessing most of us are in the same boat 🙂

We certainly are. And my boat is sinking fast! 😂😂

2 hours ago, mightyjebus said:

I have a simliar tale, didn't want to spend UK prices so about a week ago I got one from WGC for 363 quid shipped. When it turns up I'm expecting customs charges and if i'd only waited a week I could have picked it up from Bespoke for 350.

If it's any consolation, I've bought a few things from WGC, including a RIF, and never had customs charges. Just trying to find you a silver lining...

Guys, be assured we hold your commitment to the 'early adopter' cause in the highest esteem, and it's worth every extra penny / pound you've spent!

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

I'm really tempted by this as an entry to GBBRs.  I mean by all accounts you're broadly getting a TM MWS but without a nice box unless I'm missing something.  If this particular M4 wasn't nearly identical (aesthetically) in most respects to my current one I think I'd have one, but I really fancy something a bit different visually.

'spose I could go for the tan version...

19 minutes ago, Gunboat Diplomat said:

I'm really tempted by this as an entry to GBBRs.  I mean by all accounts you're broadly getting a TM MWS but without a nice box unless I'm missing something.  If this particular M4 wasn't nearly identical (aesthetically) in most respects to my current one I think I'd have one, but I really fancy something a bit different visually.

Looking at the new prices of top-tier guns by VFC and TM, and assuming(!) it can compete in terms of reliability and performance etc, then the £350 price point really does make it a bit of a bargain.

I presume being MWS compatible, in the worst case you can circumvent any potential inadequacies by uprating parts if they fail.  So you may end up with a bit of an expensive Trigger's Broom but at least have something that works rather than say a first gen VFC that either works or it doesn't?

That said, anecdotal stuff on Reddit and YouTube seems to suggest this thing is reasonably comparable to a TM.

Edited by Gunboat Diplomat

1 hour ago, Gunboat Diplomat said:

100% my thinking too! Only drama being, as long as my wife doesn't see all my black M4s/ARs in one place at the same time, i'm ok and it is entirely plausible that I own just the one..... A tan rifle will somewhat stand out as new......

At £350 ( £330 in some places) these are an absolute bargain for a step into the MWS system , that’s my opinion of course but it really is a decent , nice looking , well finished and working site legal out of the box gun that appears to be compatible with TM oem & aftermarket parts.

I have since added some genuine Magpul furniture , XL -K grip , SL-K stock ,Mlok  AFG & BAD lever , plus some nicer VFC micro BUIS , yes it’s more money , no it’s not needed , but I did it anyway 😛

IMG_5479.thumb.jpeg.97c14fcb0a8b4b6caa29c12371c703a3.jpegIMG_5480.thumb.jpeg.959f7844f08b4185a980d060b214f86d.jpeg

Edited by JimFromHorsham

18 minutes ago, Wavey_Gravey said:

Does the bad lever work ok on these Jim? Stock MWS has issues, normally requires a new zet plate.

So far , after half a dozen mags to test it’s been flawless :) , nice bit of resistance to it , in the past I’ve had floppy BAD problems 😛 

8 minutes ago, rj1986 said:

Do they? I’ve got one on mine (from the previous owner) and seems to be fine. I assume it’s the factory internals 

Yes. Common problems with it catching consistently, many people have had the issue…you must be lucky 🙂