Kit for the Ukraine .

Guest MGMGrand

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Guest MGMGrand

I know in the community we have vast swathes of kit that can help fight on the frontline. Please see below. My fully loaded out plate carrier will be off to there this week. Find your nearest site here:

https://www.ukrainesupport.org.uk/

Thanks to Oliver Lee OBE for sharing.

Edited by MGMGrand

I like the idea but unless you are willing to donate actual military surplus kit that is based on supporting the AK platform donating knock off Chinese gear with pouches for an armalite is going to do more harm than good.

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco
55 minutes ago, BigStew said:

I like the idea but unless you are willing to donate actual military surplus kit that is based on supporting the AK platform donating knock off Chinese gear with pouches for an armalite is going to do more harm than good.

Ukraine is by no means limited to AKs, their Fort-221 (Tavor under license) is 5.56

Nor do I think Ukraine are counting stitches when this kit arrives. If it's no good to them they can bin it.

Guest MGMGrand
1 hour ago, BigStew said:

i'm sure some awesome airsoft folks will have AK items but a dump pouch don't know.

Also Ukraine switched to the AR platform as I'm sure your informed comment knows despite what the vast majority of TV shows.

Lastly how much does this hurt vs bombs?

1 hour ago, MagpieTactical said:

Pretty sure the civvies they are handing guns to are getting the AKs though. The army will have kit. 

More pro you look the less people gonna f with you no matter what it all helps

2 neg comments what is this ruscy bots come on get behind this.

1 hour ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

Ukraine is by no means limited to AKs, their Fort-221 (Tavor under license) is 5.56

Nor do I think Ukraine are counting stitches when this kit arrives. If it's no good to them they can bin it.

Thank you the M4-WAC-47

as produced in U Kran ine 

If it's no good to them they can bin it

The sorting and binning takes time and effort, all of which could be better used elsewhere 

Guest MGMGrand
2 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

The sorting and binning takes time and effort, all of which could be better used elsewhere 

Thank you for your comment. This will  be done in the UK. If not needed it will not go like your sons, daughters, or family.

Edited by MGMGrand
anger

Even if it's sorted over here sorting through it will cause unnecessary delays. You'll do more good donating things like medical supplies or ration packs

25 minutes ago, MGMGrand said:

2 neg comments what is this ruscy bots come on get behind this.

No. Just people who can see that, while the sentiment is good, the idea isn't. As for your Russian bots comment, that's just childish and silly considering you're the relatively new guy with a total of 4 posts and everyone else commenting are long time members who post regularly 

Guest MGMGrand

If you look like a pro your gonna be f'ed with less this is important. Share please to get the kit that they need.

maybe so ain't seen any on the news but there is a shit load of AK variants.  it's not about counting stiches it's about sending crap that will fall apart on the poor sod that gets issued it

Guest MGMGrand
2 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

Even if it's sorted over here sorting through it will cause unnecessary delays. You'll do more good donating things like medical supplies or ration packs

No. Just people who can see that, while the sentiment is good, the idea isn't. As for your Russian bots comment, that's just childish and silly considering you're the relatively new guy with a total of 4 posts and everyone else commenting are long time members who post regularly 

I know I've been very quiet for good reasons for many years (50 next year as a clue). But if you know better than Oliver Lee OBE then take it up with him. If you can't help then move along, if you can then help.

https://www.ukrainesupport.org.uk/

If you're approaching 50 then maybe stop acting like a 13 year old

1 minute ago, BigStew said:

it's not about counting stiches it's about sending crap that will fall apart on the poor sod that gets issued it

Which could easily get them killed

8 minutes ago, MGMGrand said:

If you look like a pro your gonna be f'ed with less

What? Do you really think the guys fighting on the front like give a fuck about what they look like? 

Also your link above doesn't mention anywhere about what donations they want, so I don't know where you've got this idea to send them load carrying equipment etc

1 hour ago, MGMGrand said:

More pro you look the less people gonna f with you 

Lol, I am sure the Russian soldiers will turn around in fear once they see someone in some Viper chest rigs. 

Guest MGMGrand
1 minute ago, MagpieTactical said:

Lol, I am sure the Russian soldiers will turn around in fear once they see someone in some Viper chest rigs. 

Snipers yes will Lol hopefully that will put them off their breath

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

relatively new guy with a total of 4 posts

Just dropped by to farm dopamine from virtue signalling about being the respectfulmost supporter of some pretty SSketchy characters, I guess.

If you do want to render some Russian conscript too terrified to pull the trigger at the sight of your Viper chest rig, I'd check out the local drop off points carefully.  The one nearest to me appears to be just a rando wanting to be given military surplus, but apparently has no plan to get it to Ukraine.  Bear in mind that Stephen Glennies exist.

2 hours ago, MGMGrand said:

That's useful because it's proper issued kit, it's designed, tested, and built for the battlefield. Your old viper rig isn't going to hold plates or connect with soft body armour.

The clothes will probably help but ditch the repro load carrying kit.

Even at the height of the fighting in 2014 Ukraine was a big net arms and equipment exporter, about ninth in the world.  Any shortages are due to an inability to stop oligarchs exporting for personal profit, and a reluctance of western allies to export much needed drone, anti-tank and comms equipment for fear of reverse engineering.   

I applaud the spirit of this kind of thing, but it won't sort out the  real problem of corruption.  I will be donating, but to the Red Cross.  

If you're trying to make the point that they use AR pattern rifles in Ukraine, then I think thats been established.  However, the units that use them have kit and don't need our airsoft cast offs.

There are even units out there who are equipped with the SIG MCX, again though they have kit. 

The run of the mill Ukrainian people taking up arms, have barely been properly trained to use the AKs they are being given, and certainly not on pouch admin etc.  As has been said, a basic satchel with mags, a molotov cocktail or two and they can quickly and easily blend in by ditching two items if necessary, rather than struggling with a load of kit to take off. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.