vertical foregrips with pressure switch housing

blocks1

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

looking for a decent vertical grip with housing on each side for pressure switch (to weapon light)

wanted to ask if anyone has experience with anything of the sort? what foregrip did they buy and what weapon light/cable setup did they find worked best as a combination?

my intention is for indoor application

Regards all.

I've had grips with sections of relief in them for tape switches to sit in, mostly vertical grips and bipod types. in the end I've given up on them, the angle is never quite right for my hand positions or length of fingers.

I started using heat shrink or tape on better grips and more recently I picked up some sectional elastic sleeves and they have been great.

I currently use a Surefire m900. It's a bit of a lump but exactly what you're describing. Pressure switches on either side of the foregripfor mometary activation, and a thumb button for a pair of small nav lights forw moving around dark areas without giving your position away so much.

No doubt you can get chinesium copies that work OK.

20220128_194454.jpg

2 hours ago, MAX DICKER said:

I currently use a Surefire m900. It's a bit of a lump but exactly what you're describing. Pressure switches on either side of the foregripfor mometary activation, and a thumb button for a pair of small nav lights forw moving around dark areas without giving your position away so much.

No doubt you can get chinesium copies that work OK.

20220128_194454.jpg

Looks nice, bit of a beast. im thinking rather than a dedicated unit, id be better to go for a general use, smallish surefure handheld torch and mount it to my system so as and when i need a torch i can take it off, plus its the cheaper option.

i do like that m900 unit though, just not for what i think i need. it bugs me that i wouldnt be able to mount the light higher up on the weapon as i like to rest the weapon in certain situations aswell.

any ideas on how many lumens or candle is too much for indoor / cqb?

no point going too hot, but would be nice to get something bright enough to blind someone a little :)

Edited by blocks1

• Supporters

There’s plenty out there , go on any retail site and you’ll see them , over the yrs I’ve tried most of them from a ‘knights armourment’ type with a pressure pad either velcro’ed or fixed on with rubber bands to properly dedicated ones with recesses that the pad fits in too but I always end up moving the switch to the fore-end so I press it with my thumb and not have to ‘squeeze’ it with my fingers due to how it affects my grip when hold my gun at the fire position . Brand wise their all of a muchness there all just a bit of bog standard Chinese plastic (unless your spending stupid money on a ‘Real Steel’ one , in which case it’s made from slightly better quality CHINESE plastic !🤣) me personally I’d say just go on line find one you like the look of and give it a try ! 👍

1 hour ago, Druid799 said:

(unless your spending stupid money on a ‘Real Steel’ one , in which case it’s made from slightly better quality CHINESE plastic !🤣)

It's possible to find non Chinese made products (although components may still be chinese), and I think there's certainly a moral argument for trying to find alternatives to chinese.

• Supporters
9 minutes ago, MAX DICKER said:

It's possible to find non Chinese made products (although components may still be chinese), and I think there's certainly a moral argument for trying to find alternatives to chinese.

Always sounds good in theory, but try to find almost anything that doesn't have a direct manufacturing  link to PRC or one of its immediate slave labour neighbours, be easier to find an airsoft site where everyone takes their hits lol 😏

4 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Always sounds good in theory, but try to find almost anything that doesn't have a direct manufacturing  link to PRC or one of its immediate slave labour neighbours, be easier to find an airsoft site where everyone takes their hits lol 😏

I agree, but just because a battle is unwinnable, doesn't mean its not worth fighting.

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, MAX DICKER said:

I agree, but just because a battle is unwinnable, doesn't mean its not worth fighting.

Pretty sure that's exactly what it means.

• Supporters
On 31/01/2022 at 13:07, MAX DICKER said:

The problem with moral arguments are nine times out of ten there very VERY expensive high horses to sit on , plus theres still a more than high chance the product your buying from a supposed reputable manufacturer/retailer was still produced in china . Classic example is magpul for instance ,makes a big song and dance about how all their goods are made in the good old US of A , BUT Magpul PTS are made in China (hong Kong) fair enough to them they admit it . few yrs ago I read an article (think I read it on AR-15.com) that there’d been a product shortage of bits’n’bobs and ‘somehow’ PTS products had found their way in amongst the ‘real’ Magpul stock , wether true or not I don’t know as I had no way to verify it my self but just because something comes from a REPUTABLE dealer for top dollar don’t always guarantee it’s pedigree if ya know what I mean ?😉

I've got a similar set up on my M4. How do you keep the pressure pad in place? I'm using elastic bands but would prefer something a little more gucci 

• Supporters
6 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

I've got a similar set up on my M4. How do you keep the pressure pad in place? I'm using elastic bands but would prefer something a little more gucci 

Adhesive Velcro ? Hook on the pressure pad and the loop on the gun(so it won’t pick up and hold crud on your gun) what I use .

• Supporters
7 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

That's a great idea I'll give it a go

Get the real McCoy not a knockoff , when you fit it cut the hook to match the pressure pad but the piece of loop that goes on the gun cut it so it’s a good couple of Cms bigger that way it ‘shouldn’t’ get pulled off also then positioning it only stick it down once don’t reposition it as it’ll loose adhesion every time you move it AND make sure the area on the gun is as clean as can be . When ever I need to put Velcro on any hard surfaces I always give it a really good clean and a final quick wipe down with a spot of alcohol just before fitting and touch wood 🤞never had it come off by its self .

G&G do a foregrip with a flat pad inlet in it.  There are horizontal rails built in.  Being recessed the velcro pad doesn't get caught so often and is less likely to loose adhesion over time.  

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.