Timed grenades for woodlands

GothicGhost

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

What would be good to buy for woodland area as I don't know if Imapact grenade with always work on the soft ground.

Also does anyone attach cord to the grenade to drag it back and to not get lost or even stolen.

Thank you.

I run a dynatex timed grenade. I think tethering it to yourself would limit how usable the grenade would be, probably getting snagged on stuff and getting you shot as a result!

Airtac do bright coloured sleeves which is what I use on my timed grenade. I must admit though, I prefer to use single use in woodland!

Yeah agree with the previous posts. I own 3 times BFGs and a multishot  impact grenade and they rarely get used in a woodland game. Maybe in a kill house or structure but never in the general woodland when there’s a risk of getting lost in foliage or something. They are just too expensive for me to risk loosing them.

They are perfect in cqb though and I regularly have a few posted in different rooms at any one point.

I bought a box of mk5s ages ago and I’m happy to lob half a dozen each game if in a woodland site with no care of trying to pick them up afterwards.

Edited by Albiscuit

36 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

I bought a box of mk5s ages ago and I’m happy to lob half a dozen each game if in a woodland site with no care of trying to pick them up afterwards.

Disposables .. especially Mk5’s are the way I say!

• Supporters

Would NEVER use a reloadable grenade in woodland , over the years I’ve seen far too many things just vanish when they hit the woodland floor to risk it . I’ve literally watched some things travel through the air and as it lands on the floor POOF ! gone ! Just fucking disappeared ! 😳

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Tommikka said:

The ultimate  solution to not losing reusable grenades is to use disposable grenades 

/thread

the absolute bestest most amazingly reliable reusable grenade is still worse than a disposable, you either have to retrieve it in game (with an almost guaranteed risk of getting shot) or remember its position and come back (with a real risk of theivery or forgetfulness).

the only reason to entertain reusables is for indoor or for places where non-pyro is a requirement (ie using gas)

however for the latter of those 2 options the best solution is to just not use grenades because if there's a gas grenade that isn't shit i've never heard of it.

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Albiscuit said:

I own 3 times BFGs and a multishot  impact grenade and they rarely get used in a woodland game

image.png.dacd54244965422e6c2390cdca4580d3.png

Yes, that.  Snap, 3 x timed, 1 x TRMR multishot, and I've mostly stopped taking them out in woodland now.  The only time I ever threw a bright yellow .209 timed VTG outdoor, it landed right underneath somebody, banged, and they played on and shot me until I pointed out where it had gone off.  They're just not a good solution to woodland problems.

• Supporters
5 hours ago, EDcase said:

Yep, as said, MK5 for throwing in woodland (only things you're allowed to throw anyway)

I use a timed Dynatex for dropping in windows of structures and pick it up straight after it goes off.

Once had a busted Dynatec that would take anything from 8-12secs to go off , very useful for room clearance , you lob it in a room enemy runs out the other way , no bang , come back in and BANG “you all dead !” 🤣🤣🤣🤣 

• Supporters
20 hours ago, GothicGhost said:

Thanks you, saved me some cash lol.

All the more to spent on extra pistol mags that you'll never use either. ;) 

On 22/08/2021 at 16:34, Druid799 said:

Would NEVER use a reloadable grenade in woodland , over the years I’ve seen far too many things just vanish when they hit the woodland floor to risk it . I’ve literally watched some things travel through the air and as it lands on the floor POOF ! gone ! Just fucking disappeared ! 😳

Happens in my workshop when screws/nuts/bolts land, there must be another dimension full of random crap!

• Supporters
13 hours ago, Davegolf said:

Happens in my workshop when screws/nuts/bolts land, there must be another dimension full of random crap!

Yea exactly ! you can literally watch the bolt fall through the air , you watch it land role across the floor then come to a stop , you blink and when you open your eyes again the fecking things gone !!!!! WTF ?😳

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.