ASG MP9 vs TM MP7

Joe142

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

looking at grabbing myself a new SMG and creating a more lightweight loadout for CQB, I know what gear I will be running (Hayley strategic gear) but am unsure on wether to go with the ASG MP9 or the TM MP7 as a primary (thinking of maybe getting a new pistol for a secondary too, maybe a glock) what do you all think of the 2 SMGs? Is one considerably better than the other? Is one more fun? Any and all info is much appreciated 😁

I can’t speak for the MP9, but the MP7 really is a mini MWS performance wise.

It’s also extremely intimidating noise wise which is only amplified if you’re indoors.

Has good gas capacity and holds 40rds a mag.

Both SMGs are actually pretty solid little performers so if you prefer the look of one or the other then go for that one.

I personally use the TM mp7 as a sidearm in a holster but still the range and consistency you get out of it stock is very impressive. (I use it with green gas out of the box and it does fine.) In fact it's a really snappy little gun to shoot. Just be aware that it is a 90% size replica as that may bother some people.

As far as the MP9, they look like really solid options but I have less experience with them. Just be aware that they'll need the 1J CQB bolt in them if they don't already have that.

Edited by Crazy_Crystal
Good old typo

Amazing thank you for the info 😁 I feel like the MP7 is the leader at present especially hearing it’s like a mini mws (I love my mws 😂) upgrade wise what can be done to the mp7 other than the obvious things like the inner barrel and bucking, any bolt upgrades? Does the Laylax hop arm fit in it? Things like that? 😁

You can fit a Super Nub in it if you use an M4/416 NGRS hop arm follower.

Otherwise completely stick with a nub is silly accurate at 35M, like headsize.

And torso accurate at 50-60M with 0.3s

Longterm there is a little mod can be done to the firing mechanism if a problem arises, mine never did, is on YouTube.

I have both, and both are super fun to use and make me smile as much as the other.

Performance wise I cannot fault either. I have used both about the same amount of time (not used anywhere near enough tbh though) and find both are extremely comparable. Have had no issues with either other than finding mags/accessories haha

i would honestly say you cannot go wrong with either and you would be happy with any.

Go with your gut and choose what you would prefer

oh, and both are stock. I haven’t needed to open either and won’t be doing so until something goes wrong as I am happy enough with them as they are

• Supporters
2 hours ago, BigStew said:

The TM MP7 is just a much better gun in terms of performance and ergonomics. 

I think it's fair to say that the ergonomics are somewhat subjective. Personally (and I've since learned I am not alone in this) I hate the very upright grip angle on the MP7.

• Supporters
Just now, Davegolf said:

You must have Trex arms :D

According to others who know better I have the hands of a bear! Not quite how the length of my arms comes into it though...

42ab3ea1245effa1bb09b75eaab4b537.jpg.4a98a96436f76fde0ad7bac071be51b0.jpg

Both great guns. 

MP9 has slightly bigger mag capacity at 48 rounds, and is loud as all hell. Also as others have noted, you'll probably want a CQB bolt or somesuch to use in the UK, stock gun struggles to lift over .28 (in my experience anyway)

MP7 range is about as good as you can expect from a stock gbbr, will outrange an MP9 stock, and will lift heavier ammo. I generally run .32's in mine, and get a lot of range for such a small gun! 

• Supporters
16 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

You must have Trex arms :D

7 minutes ago, Lozart said:

According to others who know better I have the hands of a bear! Not quite how the length of my arms comes into it though...

42ab3ea1245effa1bb09b75eaab4b537.jpg.4a98a96436f76fde0ad7bac071be51b0.jpg

Or did you mean Trex arms:

640x640.jpg

1 hour ago, Lozart said:

I think it's fair to say that the ergonomics are somewhat subjective. Personally (and I've since learned I am not alone in this) I hate the very upright grip angle on the MP7.

It is personal preference. As a left hander ambi controls will always win out over crossbolt controls. I also found the grip on the mp9 grip position would cause the skin on my trigger finger and the web of my thumb to rub and become sore quickly. 

• Supporters
17 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

Haha yeh stay in the shade or you might have issues :P

Brings a whole new meaning to calling someone a "melt"!

I've used the the mp7 but own the mp9. I didn't like the feel of the 7 as much as the 9.

Performance wise there are options for both with upgrades, with at least two companies making drop in hop/barrel combinations for the mp9.

Fps wise you might need to check the mp9, I have a cqb bolt in mine but it is possible to mod the flute valve of the standard bolt if you prefer that, I'm sure negative airsoft did one.

Thank you everyone for all the help, I think I’m gonna grab myself an MP7 and then leave it stock and just get a nice vortex optic and maybe a few other external attachments 😁, I prefer the looks of them and I must admit I’m a little bit of a TM fan boy 😂, apologies it took me so long to reply to all the comments it didn’t give me any notifications for some reason 😂 

If you can get past the size reduction with the MP7. Go for it. 

Its just an awesome little gun. Change the hop rubber and you are done. 

Very accurate, good on gas, snappy, great noise etc etc 

If you have super large ape hands, it might be an issue. I have normal size adult man hands and I have not had a problem. 

This is mine

E6098178-D60E-40D1-B30D-CB5DF729E9E5.jpeg

26 minutes ago, Groot said:

If you can get past the size reduction with the MP7. Go for it. 

Its just an awesome little gun. Change the hop rubber and you are done. 

Very accurate, good on gas, snappy, great noise etc etc 

If you have super large ape hands, it might be an issue. I have normal size adult man hands and I have not had a problem. 

This is mine

E6098178-D60E-40D1-B30D-CB5DF729E9E5.jpeg

I do have rather large hands but for how beautiful the MP7 looks I think I’ll be able to get past that 😂 

2 minutes ago, Joe142 said:

I do have rather large hands but for how beautiful the MP7 looks I think I’ll be able to get past that 😂 

I use mine more than my MWS, to be honest. 

Fingers crossed it’ll be alright then, we’ll soon see I guess 😁😁

Just gonna throw a wilcard in this, have owned both, and also recently a Modify PP2000. 

I preferred the PP2000. The ergonomics are fantastic, it shot better than the mp9 at long ranges and almost as well as the MP7 if not on par, it was snappier in CQB too.

Within site limits out of the box, a decent hop unit, well made mags.

Comes in its own hardcase which is a touch.

The downsides are the long mags are freakishly long, and the barrel isn't threaded as standard (but a 14mm ccw die fixes this)

Also they are quite easy to knock into full auto but just something to be aware of.

5 hours ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Mp9 doesn’t allow a light loadout 

The magazines weigh a frikken TON! 😬

I have 5 for mine, it’s quite a weight on a rig or PC

that's one i forgot yep they are heavy and more expensive than mp7 mags

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.