Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi All,

 

As i have just been mugged off on Ebay for some PMR's by a seller, I thought i would start a thread about the Good, the Bad and the downright ugly.

 

So please share your experiences on ebay.

 

Cheers 

Link to post
Share on other sites

bought the wife a pandora charm bracelet 4 days later package arrives empty box checked the weight of the parcel to the weight on the delivery sticker and the bracelet was never in the box,guy tried to say oh one of his workers must of not packed it he was away on holiday and would resend it in 2 weeks needless to say got told to bolt and got my money back

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bought the other-half a new/sealed box iPhone6 back when they were the current model. About four months later she could no-longer make or receive calls on it. Contacted the network and they said it had been identified as one of a stolen batch. Upon checking the sellers feedback, they'd sold about 50 iPhone 6's on there. Fortunately Paypal had just expanded buyers protection from three to six months, so we were able to get a full-refund with minimal hassle.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't say I've ever really had a bad experience on the bay.

Bought a smok brand vape from a dealer on there. It lasted just over a month then broke.I contacted seller who informed me it was past the thirty days warranty period as stated on their ebay page and that I had to take it up with manufacturer.

I did and got a brand new one direct from smok(eventually)

I let the seller know that I would never deal with him again.

Regards  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm into classic mini's, although not as much as I used to be. 

 

After a few messages and even a phonecall with a chap selling a Metro turbo engine in Scotland, we agreed on a price (£450 seems to stick in my mind) and I sent him some pennies via PayPal.

 

A week later, no engine. Called him, got a message saying he's been in hospital with his daughter, really sorry, she's better now, I'll talk to the courier and get it sorted.

 

I ended up turning detective and tracked his brother down on Facebook, found out his address etc but with no real outcome.

 

Fortunately having used PayPal, I just had to wait a few weeks and got my money refunded.

 

 

Another one I've just remembered.

 

I used to always sell my old playstation games on eBay. Used to get a bit more cash than trade in and meant I could spend the money on things other than new games.

 

Anyway, I sell a game then get a message saying the chap hasn't received anything. I provided proof of postage but that didn't really help me. I ended up having to give him his money back, lost money from postage and obviously had no game.

 

Quite annoying.

 

So fast forward probably 2 or 3 months I get a phonecall from a police officer involved in fraudulent claims etc and would I be able to take a look at a photo of a package and confirm if I'd sent it. 

 

Turns out this silly sausage was buying all sorts on eBay and claiming to have never received any of them and was doing this for months. So they'd out a flag on his address at the sorting office. He got sent to court and I got some of the money back.

 

I now only send via recorded post to avoid this happening.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I did sell a mobile phone once to a lady. Took loads of pics which showed it working which it was 100%.

Lady paid so posted it off.

Few days later lady messaged saying phone does not work and she wants her money back. So I said fine send it back to me.Couple weeks later no phone so message her.She said she had posted it.

She opened case with ebay and eventually ebay paid her. Never cost me anything but she got her money back and kept a perfectly good phone.

Regards 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Shamal said:

I did sell a mobile phone once to a lady. Took loads of pics which showed it working which it was 100%.

Lady paid so posted it off.

Few days later lady messaged saying phone does not work and she wants her money back. So I said fine send it back to me.Couple weeks later no phone so message her.She said she had posted it.

She opened case with ebay and eventually ebay paid her. Never cost me anything but she got her money back and kept a perfectly good phone.

Regards 

 

 

Arrghh that's annoying. Similar thing happened to my colleague. They often sell new or nearly new trainers on there and one buyer complained the red was a different shade to how it appeared in the photo. They replied that the photo had been taken in natural light to try and get the most accurate representation etc but the buyer was having none of it, so opened a case. My colleagues girlfriend accidentally clicked something to refund and close the case. The buyer then messaged them laughing that he was going to keep both the money and trainers!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I sold some reproduction collectible playing cards on eBay. For £7 plus postage £4.60

 

These were a circa 1990s reproduction of a playing card design dating back to the 1800s.

 

I then got a complaint that they weren’t original (200 - 300 year old playing cards still sealed for £7?)

Lots of back and forth, he eventually accepted that my description told him that they were a 1990s reproduction.


He still only wanted them if they were paper/card and not plastic —— can I guarantee to him that’s the case?

No - I can’t guarantee that, they are sealed.  I believe that they are, but I’ve sold him sealed reproduction cards.  I’m not accepting a return after they are opened.  And I also gave him all the links to card collectors etc, noting one review of the reproduction that you could believe the reproduction to be genuine other than not having hundreds of years of wear.

 

It finally came down to me offering a refund of the item price if he returns them sealed at his expense, he took the option but never posted them so never got refunded.

For eBay to process the refund it needed to be sent back tracked, and if he attempted to post them will have found out how much it would cost.

 

To get £7 back he would need to spend about £4 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Tommikka said:

I sold some reproduction collectible playing cards on eBay. For £7 plus postage £4.60

 

These were a circa 1990s reproduction of a playing card design dating back to the 1800s.

 

I then got a complaint that they weren’t original (200 - 300 year old playing cards still sealed for £7?)

Lots of back and forth, he eventually accepted that my description told him that they were a 1990s reproduction.


He still only wanted them if they were paper/card and not plastic —— can I guarantee to him that’s the case?

No - I can’t guarantee that, they are sealed.  I believe that they are, but I’ve sold him sealed reproduction cards.  I’m not accepting a return after they are opened.  And I also gave him all the links to card collectors etc, noting one review of the reproduction that you could believe the reproduction to be genuine other than not having hundreds of years of wear.

 

It finally came down to me offering a refund of the item price if he returns them sealed at his expense, he took the option but never posted them so never got refunded.

For eBay to process the refund it needed to be sent back tracked, and if he attempted to post them will have found out how much it would cost.

 

To get £7 back he would need to spend about £4 

 

 

 

Sometimes people need to spend a bit of time reading something properly 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

 

Arrghh that's annoying. Similar thing happened to my colleague. They often sell new or nearly new trainers on there and one buyer complained the red was a different shade to how it appeared in the photo. They replied that the photo had been taken in natural light to try and get the most accurate representation etc but the buyer was having none of it, so opened a case. My colleagues girlfriend accidentally clicked something to refund and close the case. The buyer then messaged them laughing that he was going to keep both the money and trainers!

Yeah short lived victories.They will pay though!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought some bulldog sniper bb's about 5 years ago and upon arrival, noticed the packaging was torn and the container was damaged (some bb's were loose in the packaging so I presumed some went missing).  The seller sent out a new tub for free, no questions asked.

 

My wife sold some frames (sunglasses without lens) and the buyer was in an outrage as they had no lens included.  They were listed as not having them due to my wife's prescription and that the buyer would need to have their own lens made through their opticians.   This lady was having none of it so it went to a dispute and Ebay kindly, in a way of words told her to re-read the description and then explain why she feels that the item in her hands doesn't match that description.  We never heard from her again.

 

No specific item for the following as it happens a lot. - if items are late/don't arrive by due date we send the sellers messages explaining that we are not happy with this service as we have paid for a service that states a certain delivery.   A few days later the item arrives, followed by the same item a week later.  2-4-1.  (only works on non tracked items).

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was daft enough to let someone keep promising to send me a replacement type 56 water bottle until  the time to complain ran out.   Glad I lost less than a fiver, probably worth it fr the lesson tbh.

 

Had a lens honeycomb arrive damaged ad misdescribed.  When I asked for a returns label the pillock kept pretending to be different people in the 'sales team.'  I knew from the address that he was selling stuff from his back bedroom.  Finally sent the thing back.  Merely irritating.  

 

Rec'd a scope once and didn't have a clue about ordering it.  Looked at the time the auction finished and to no surprise it was about 1am on an a night I'd been to the pub.  No real worries, a chap I vaguely know did the same thing with a £1500 human skeleton...

Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought a match style fishing box and all accessories for pole fishing, from a well respected fishing shop selling last years stock cheap. I think it was about £400.

Box arrived, absolutely no issues.

Then a few weeks later an identical shipment arrived. Opened it found a second box in a slightly different configuration to what I had.

Called the store, they said they would supply a collection. Waited in - no collection. Did the same thing again, Waited in - no collection. This went on for well over 3 months, fortunately someone was always in in my house.

In the end I sent a final email, saying if not collected by this date it would be deemed my property. They agreed, failed to collect and I ended up with a second complete fishing box for nothing. But I had the annoyance of a huge box next to my front door for months!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve posted small items (postbox sized, normal stamp), then an hour later found the stamps in my wallet that I’d obviously forgot to put on the envelopes!

Annoyed at myself, refunded 2 lots of a tenner to the buyers. Said if they want to collect them from the post office and pay the fee then more than welcome.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have twice listed an item for my wife

both times the winning bidder hasn’t paid for the item, same fucking item 😂

the last chap had the cheek to message me with about 45 seconds to go asking me to cancel his order, even though he had place his Winn in bid almost 36 hours earlier

i now have to wait and list it AGAIN! 🤬

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

I have twice listed an item for my wife

both times the winning bidder hasn’t paid for the item, same fucking item 😂

the last chap had the cheek to message me with about 45 seconds to go asking me to cancel his order, even though he had place his Winn in bid almost 36 hours earlier

i now have to wait and list it AGAIN! 🤬

I had that with a mobile phone. Woman won auction then she messaged me to say she had changed her mind and could I cancel it.

I told her that it was a binding contract and she had to have it. She moaned about it but eventually paid 👍🙂

Regards 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Shamal said:

I had that with a mobile phone. Woman won auction then she messaged me to say she had changed her mind and could I cancel it.

I told her that it was a binding contract and she had to have it. She moaned about it but eventually paid 👍🙂

Regards 


Its worth a shot I suppose

i would fight to the death over something as pathetic as this, my wife on the other hand will ask me why it’s bothering me, let it go, then move on with life

Probably the reason she will live way longer than I will 

karma & low blood pressure

i have neither 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GenuineGerman said:

I once sold a watch which sold rather quickly. Turns out by a stroke of fate an ex girlfriend bought it for her new boyfriend. But awkward really 

Crikey! Small world 😮

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Shamal said:

Crikey! Small world 😮

Good payer and positive feedback though haha 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 5 weeks later...

And there’s more

Could somebody tell me what this fella up to.....

 

I had an auction run to completion on eBay / 7 day listing

the minute it finished, the highest bidder paid their winning amount through eBay - PayPal 

Then two minutes later they requested to cancel the order and wanted a refund

They have made no attempts to contact me

The funds are showing arrived in my PayPal account, and eBay has completed the transaction

what scam is this fukker up to? 👿

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was looking for a wedding ring I wanted something different. I found one made of a coin in a antique shop and thought what interesting  coins could I get made into a ring. Looking about I found a guy on eBay making rings from silver shark coins but he didn't have the tiger shark. I contacted him and asked if he could make me one if I ordered the coin to him to find he only was only an hours drive away in the car. I ended up having to go that way one day anyway so dropped in to pick it up and he insisted I took it for free as a wedding present.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Supporters

Fcuk knows, but until he has the courtesy to contact you with a reasonable excuse for his request I'd sit tight, after all, as eBay points out, once you confirm bid your agreeing to purchase item.

My only slight concern would be that once you post the item out, there's nowt to stop him vandalising it & claiming it arrived that way, in order to claim a refund, so ensure that you ship it with insurance exceeding its value ?

22 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

And there’s more

Could somebody tell me what this fella up to.....

 

I had an auction run to completion on eBay / 7 day listing

the minute it finished, the highest bidder paid their winning amount through eBay - PayPal 

Then two minutes later they requested to cancel the order and wanted a refund

They have made no attempts to contact me

The funds are showing arrived in my PayPal account, and eBay has completed the transaction

what scam is this fukker up to? 👿

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

My wife seems to think that his “payment” is somehow a ghost, like not actually there

And that if I refund him, he’s getting money back for nothing 🤷🏻‍♂️
But as you say, I’m just going to sit tight and do sweet F.A 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...