The AAP-01 Owners Thread.

Cr0-Magnon
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

25 minutes ago, Steveocee said:

Thank you @Skara for the words of encouragement. Seems an amount of dremeling resulted in me achieving my goal.

RvqMO_4246lKV9-i1HPe6NeWQhdrhlzEb8Fnye0j4M2sn4w1-8NJONRe6BbLoJKuV2klDvFwjAOsua7qpUGJGKS0Fzg_Iap5yufPMyZakNQfH54lQiGAAHUp_k7ik5Dt6itdxljHKVlb6Q85xe32Xeavcvy4EPxYhEADJ_Ld1uE_1Iwn_ZWYmD3YlpRJKBwbTHH5MPhzPE_5rEmGCGckdFHFxNWNUJyg-JgBOYETzGvBOUMUJeO36i0lXtFHqlO81gQxbZohgg5NRmb-2vLQ9Emq1km6UBhpLhqn7MBu_WqhRxhQetZHo-H2nOHVpm9OU8ZurChWOm6w1DpWYf404KhJtxW8ILrt_kp28qWlS14nWMzrOXBw6rtz5SHcoo5BZMjlQVRe8VvfcFnielAW610CrEt1xcCekMmcuHHiWYjrdjpDwy0qEXucC3wdWLx0070fMOjG_ahkraITHoS122zfyZUeZ6FtTsPHR1dn4YtPwb8ZqXU0FMjfSG57WhzRpaOXOpjOSkHAzzvk90zo1u8MOmyNacGHyb2X0svQ00iN13KqnU3Jc5cetfiNoUfsmbAY6ifMKGc0lWU1xtJZzlfwmkLLN9St-aebqfMGIEaLp5RXJOD6W-8mGSFwNymHtdHECYgcfIFBCNQt9dVKrQcvR0QE4mg6dufKYcvTrjC23hq7RkxuP_9KtnX81Q=w1356-h1015-no?authuser=0

mVxkeidXs6t8ckHLeF5WS2n8qW5l3EO6Ig3RVg_dhkenm5yZLE9-4G-CijI0r1gT3WTlnJiA17vKzV1lLFGH8lREfXzODY3sEmWCx0L_bgThuwujv5O3CYKt8eWgesu41KepJovEfcb_FF3xXQEPggItXippzEwoqwdZyI0cDfn0f8Szr_zsPXDTQ8MvwZcfOO92v5TU0VbVDEaFI7qWn6TSh4u7Y0_z4IHXROgA6cp6PmZbjabcza97m1iIVliGwoQw6XyK5pI15sMRP4_QW0UG9AVvxiuE53NZ-R2-q_UinmFIc3X1opbKVu4qo7EawKyDUUISG8pheq6mS9n1keP2IvPWPCAYp4pTPb0IoK9mgmREunr2hyjsmveeW-SMDwQF7BDqD9BLvAeRMzSed5FnSr5DtPnhkfmqLqtqBq4pTsSRKSFgyldH___ly5XkJasLQgkblFR8kQm3deIRXmrjY2cpxO-9NGfKjvhQ0hkyslRQrrfOK_zlQUvusoh7fCfF1tuBAOX5sRtUUmWCwlnQMWafYwdt3FENjFqUobuvlrD2zn5OMRDu8wv0v77wl6jRkemW2dpJPczPF4KBX-99J6qfI9ebHQmA0dBHwOKOzrllhWmo5A9Im6Lnu-Q0MD-dKDJUfklWTXvuiwSprEXNhUH6C_f3O-n117SyPRvhaKSxoVrcQKGBWDHxag=w1356-h1015-no?authuser=0

YbyjmOmwqoTHMJ_Ow09sBxUQ8_287vYZ2fpek2wwn5UY7hmu5_N6D_s5sa3jwiO5zT15YyPV5Ie-tJSEdMseyl5WYnwTlkJS2PFXTIciqc2aFididVX42qJEly4F1bNcTPpDgyoTOQV6OSNRvsmNwaoN6UNUlEHtUNbIvYkwmtwwIIGFB5LO0pAcd5Hga8d8YYtnbdCpJ7IpHmLPPJ0R-8vO_sMaPnnkz_bKgYt6aNY-F2WdtFT-3uikt1QJzgqkfoFrjabiAHCMVns3va-fFMCq6qnZ4vBJFm3RUesJ7qoLdToL1StR-UYOdeIg7pTcEKByEjyH4BLp_pUrugS4F2xODQanxIWZSTMRkgQ2RvIRXbACKMIQcUvclkoVJ8Cw6Y9HxjTabprT2TqDB2OTadVJYXhNJbThMrsGSEGzMwOCDe_KscvBqFYiJFoARvZ7H0NCTp7XSh2ak9drqy8EYMIUG-lc53Ex_cN-IV22pSCLnnHQzbJCZWNdHGxQkJfS2qaQiXmAoPFziNpUbCzXS0YGJ38NzqGRInElU8PRWoGG28HI2aQGcM1aDu3h4tE22EnU7tjKrmHfpTbFab4u2tCjOSWXnsF13mPfEa1WcuDw4TM1bQn2mL69Yethr_MW-Gqp8ANwM62-V5za3G10XYK4zaNtWbb6lzW1__i0HMXJmMKkMKmAf5D4TYfnRA=w759-h1014-no?authuser=0

Crikey, you could take out a speed-softer or two with that and then you'd be everyone's friend ;)

How does it feel in hand? Balance wise? Bottom heavy?

For some reason none of your photos are showing for me @Steveocee

3 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

Crikey, you could take out a speed-softer or two with that and then you'd be everyone's friend ;)

How does it feel in hand? Balance wise? Bottom heavy?

Yes it is a touch bottom heavy at the moment. May swap the mag case for a guarder aluminium to see if I can lose some weight.

2 hours ago, leadly said:

For some reason none of your photos are showing for me @Steveocee

1 hour ago, AlphaBear said:

Same here. I can’t see his pics either on my iPhone. I can on my MacBook though. 

I bet it's because I copy/pasted from my Google photos. Will upload properly tomorrow.

What are considered the better mags? I am booked in for a game in a few weeks and I may want a game or two without the drum mag and stock so could use another mag or two, or a couple of extended ones :) 

WEs for standard, I still say WE for extended.

My AW extended didn't fare well the last time... okay it was pretty cold and I was using GG but fuck's sake a complete fill lasted 10 shots -.- meanwhile the standard WE mags ran flawlessly all day

Brill, will go on the hunt today for some. Cant wait to use it at a game soon

7 minutes ago, Steveocee said:

Anything WE based is fine. You "can" use TM ones but the gas router is concave whereas on WE it is flat so you lose some gas runnning TM ones.

I dont have any glock mags at all so will pick up some WE ones, they are cheap enough for me to grab 2 normal ones for when I dont fancy running the drum mag.

Cheers

1 hour ago, Albiscuit said:

I dont have any glock mags at all so will pick up some WE ones, they are cheap enough for me to grab 2 normal ones for when I dont fancy running the drum mag.

Cheers

When you don't fancy running the drum mag? I'm sorry, I don't understand!! 😂

5 minutes ago, leadly said:

When you don't fancy running the drum mag? I'm sorry, I don't understand!! 😂

Haha, Its heavy, and I cannot use it as a side arm with that attached. I just want flexibility until I can pick up a second ;) 

7 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

Haha, Its heavy, and I cannot use it as a side arm with that attached. I just want flexibility until I can pick up a second ;) 

Well with gyms being closed still (not for long mind) you can use the drum mag to work on ya guns (pardon the pun) 😂

I like it but I don't all at the same time. I like how adaptable the AAP is and how it isn't the ugliest kit I've ever seen but just cant help but feel this kind of thing detracts from the usability of an AAP as the pistol it is. 

I think most AAP carbine kits are fucking ugly, some are so bodged up it's outstanding that they can hold together..

Some of the kits from that manufacturer are gorgeous...  I really want a load of them :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Had a CowCow CCT-TMHC-030 arrive this morning, using the shiny steel spring as supposedly this increases consistency as I've noticed I get about 4-5 shots at 299 then a shot dips to 278/279 then back to 299. (Chrono on 0.25s).

Installed but will test later in the week.

IMG_20210323_140816.thumb.jpg.5363652f1860147951cb83e17bca684d.jpg

Oh ah, forgot to mention mine now has a 40 shot scatter gun type thing attached to it!!

It's absolutely brilliant! Cannot wait to get a kill with it!!

(I was tempted to post this in the Facebook AAP-01 group, but being UK based I thought here may be a little more sensible (and people seem like minded))

I use an AAP-01 as a primary, along with the Action Army stock + Armorer Works drum mag + a red dot, but with the rail kit being out of stock everywhere in the UK I'm think of pushing the button on a Black Mamba (I say "thinking" but I'll probably go ahead and buy one at the weekend anyhow and then regret it at my leisure).

In my mind I'm thinking of the following as justifications...

• With just the stock, and the stumpy rail on it / the stock not being that long, I feel that the red dot is maybe too far back and I'd like it further forward.
  • I've no bottom rail, so nowhere to put a grip which I'd quite like.
  • If I did have the rail kit, and added a grip, I'm wondering if I'd be putting too much load on the outer barrel (I've heard of it "drooping" under excessive weight and the Black Mamba will prevent this).
  • The site I go to most is semi only, so no problems with icing up on full auto, but I'm assuming that the Black Mamba will help with absorbing the cold.

... and I'm struggling to think of any negatives to the Black Mamba other than its cost?

20 minutes ago, Fatboy40 said:

... and I'm struggling to think of any negatives to the Black Mamba other than its cost?

compatibility with some aftermarket hammers for the most part.

So chaps.... what internals upgrades do you recommend I do to the plastic fantastic? She's all stock at the moment... I hear people mentioning COW parts so just wanted to know what I need. On a side note, when I empty a mag the slide locks back into position . Then on some occasions  it doesnt lock back and keeps firing on empty. Seems like a weak spring or something somewhere... Then sometimes there is a big puff and gas empties out of the mag... This happens when  using the supplied mag. I haven't tried a Marui glock mag yet....

ta

Edited by AlphaBear

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.