The AAP-01 Owners Thread.

Cr0-Magnon

http://www.action-army.com/images/parts/EDM/U01024/U01-024_EDM.htm

Of course they release the fucking M-Lok handguard ONE week after buying the mamba :D

But anyway, today I took the smg to the field, although I didn't actually play with it.

out of boredom I installed my visionking short dot and did a quick zero, I can safely say it's the perfect match lol.

I'll run it next Sunday as a primary.

Edited by Skara

Well, mines dead now, set to semi and one trigger pull = burst of auto and huge dump of gas (and a shitty rental AEG for the rest of the day).

Something's broken / snapped, but at least I'm not playing again until mid-July.

Hammer gone already?

How many shots in total?

2 hours ago, Skara said:

http://www.action-army.com/images/parts/EDM/U01024/U01-024_EDM.htm

Of course they release the fucking M-Lok handguard ONE week after buying the mamba :D

But anyway, today I took the smg to the field, although I didn't actually play with it.

out of boredom I installed my visionking short dot and did a quick zero, I can safely say it's the perfect match lol.

I'll run it next Sunday as a primary.

Now i can see that being very popular, especially with thos that want to DMR it!

Ive just seen Airsoft world have now got stock of the Action Army adjustable trigger. Might pick one up for my AAP SMG!

2 hours ago, Skara said:

Hammer gone already?

How many shots in total?

I'm too tired to disassemble it yet, but I'm assuming so (and it's a 1st gen one, so original pants hammer).

Probably around 1,500 shots I'd say (all semi, apart from a few test shots on auto when I got in December 2020 to play around).

Mhm.. mine are both gen 1s but I think I'll buy two cowcow sets soon (I'm ordering stuff for my teammate too).

Also TTI's new charging handles with external selector seem to be available.

This pistol is turning into a money pit though :D

TTI triggers delivered and installed.

Big difference over the stock ones even if I haven't adjusted the preload yet.

DMR is a little mushy but I blame it on the gun having just a couple of mags under its belt, I reckon it'll get crispier with time

Payday this Friday, so I'm tempted not pick up a TDC kit from Airtac! Should make fine tuning my AAP SMG a damn sight easier!

I totally forgot I still had my AAP-01! On reflection I'll probably not use it.... May just stick it on the classifieds when I get my finger out!.... But I still like the idea of sticking a drum mag on it and being that guy!!! lol Decisions, decisions...

12 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

But I still like the idea of sticking a drum mag on it and being that guy!!! lol

That guy that saw the YouTube videos, bought the AW drum mag, has suffered with cooldown / a knackered drum mag spring / sticking output valves / a gas burn on his hand / broken hammer?

I'm that guy, but I wish that I wasn't 😅 (love my AAP-01, quirks and all, but the AW drum mag has been an absolute bitch)

Glad to see someone has done a video on this! Hopefully it'll help someone other than myself! Roll on payday!!

On 02/06/2021 at 20:06, Fatboy40 said:

I had high hopes for the "outer barrel", a nice long rail on the top, but the screws supplied with it were too long and stopped the bolt / carrier from moving when installed. The screws for the stock Action Army rail kit are to short to use, so I bought some 6mm ones but they were too short to properly screw in, so it's just gathering dust now 😢

I was about to buy that, thanks for the heads up

Waaaaaaah!! It's died!

I filled my drum mag with balls so I could waste the gas responsibly before I HPA tapped it. Had a few shots on semi and then bbbbbbbrrrrrrr, empties itself on full auto!

Pulled the mag out, popped it back in, racked it and yup, fires in full auto all by itself!

What done broke?

Happy deaded hammer to you too.

Mine are still going :D but I'll order some spares soon (next week most likely)

I assume this will fix it?

Screenshot_20210625-110056.jpg

Yup.

In the meantime, I ordered a TTI charging handle with external fire selector for the DMR.

Unfortunately WGC doesn't have those nice CCT hammer sets :(

Oh yes I've been looking at those fire selectors but the I don't tend to use it on full auto!

However my local CQB site does do Full auto Friday on the last Friday of the month so never say never. Although my MTW would probably be more suited and not die after going brrrrrrrr all night long!

Completely unnecessary, but who doesn't want to deck out a hilarious gun with hilarious parts? :D

On 25/06/2021 at 11:01, leadly said:

I assume this will fix it?

And this is a great video to follow for the swap out...

https://youtu.be/FQhVwcOeQ6A

... just take it steady and watch out for all of the springs trying their best to escape from you.

Edited by Fatboy40

Well, my shopping basket at Airsoftworld is getting bigger by the day!

I 100% need the CNC hammer, so that's not up for debate.

However I'm torn between which trigger to get! The TTI or the AA?

The only obvious difference is the safety on the AA, which I do like the look of aesthetically but functionally isn't really a requirement. Any thoughts?

I've not had my AAP SMG in bits yet to investigate the damage but I assume that I'll find it's definitely the hammer and nothing else? Probably should be a grown up and check before I order!

Edit:

Did an adult,

IMG_20210628_131826__01.thumb.jpg.5b42d628b03b7bd92324340c6bb273c1.jpg

Small chunk missing from the back of the hammer, I assume it stops that spinny bit spinning?

I'll go look at my other AAP to see what it should operate like!

Edited by leadly

I'd just get a bearing rotor at that point if there is no further damage to the hammer. 9mm is required as the 8mm one is for semi only guns.

As far as triggers go, I found the TTIs to be extremely comfortable, the lack of safety doesn't bother me at all and it also automatically disables the cross bolt safety (a plus for me, it's not like the gun is likely to go off by itself so)..

1 hour ago, Fatboy40 said:

@leadly Just be aware that a non-standard trigger will prevent you from being able to use the CTM holster if you have one of those (even AA's own adjustable trigger).

As this is my SMG build I'll not be using it in the CTM holster anyway!

58 minutes ago, Skara said:

I'd just get a bearing rotor at that point if there is no further damage to the hammer. 9mm is required as the 8mm one is for semi only guns.

As far as triggers go, I found the TTIs to be extremely comfortable, the lack of safety doesn't bother me at all and it also automatically disables the cross bolt safety (a plus for me, it's not like the gun is likely to go off by itself so)..

When comparing to my other pistol, it looks like the part that has snapped off (a little lug) allows the bearing rotor to pivot around it.

Are you @Skararecommending I just fit a round bearing rotor that Google showed as compatible with Glocks to fix this issue?

Can anyone tell me what this bearing does or is responsible for?

Cheers

RIch

The bearing is so that you can still use the hammer while you wait for a replacement.