The AAP-01 Owners Thread.

Cr0-Magnon
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• 6 months later...

Long time! How are we all doing?

Purely in terms of springs (I'm using the stock bolt), what do we think the formula for best gas efficiency (ie not ROF or trigger speed of semi shots).

I'm not entirely convinced a stronger recoil spring is the way to go, so was going to short-stroke the stock one. However what's the function of the nozzle spring? Or rather, how would it affect gas usage?

For gas efficiency a weak recoil spring seems logical as the striker ( the thing that presses the  mag valve)gets reset when the bolt travels back and the spring resists this.

The nozzle spring shouldn't make any difference to gas usage, it's purpose in life is to pull the nozzle out of the way so it can return and scoop up another bb for the next shot.

Only when you are getting high ROF will a stronger spring help there, maybe if you have short stroked it and or added a stronger recoil spring, then its about timing.

I was thinking earlier today how poor the seal is between the recoil piston and it's cylinder( nozzle) is and how to improve that. It should speed up the recoil and perhaps reduce gas consumption, cos I know mine chucks out a lot  of gas at the end of the barrel. Way too much gas per shot I feel.

23 hours ago, Dobbin66 said:

Is the airtac wombo combo bundle any any good

I've no experience with it, but they're a reliable retailer and it looks a decent bundle. I would pick one up if I was a bit more CQB inclined.

That's not a bad price to be fair!

My mate had a gen 1 Glock adapter from them, which broke quite quickly. They were pretty quick at getting replacement parts out and re- designed the mag release because quite a few people were having the same issue with it snapping!

I think they're shotgun shell adapters are very clever!

Does anyone know if any Glock trigger springs are a direct replacement? I can only find one shop which sells an AAP spring set and they seemingly won't post to The UK.

13 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Does anyone know if any Glock trigger springs are a direct replacement? I can only find one shop which sells an AAP spring set and they seemingly won't post to The UK.

Have you had a look on Empire Airsoft?

• 3 weeks later...

@Steveocee I believe you posted a vid about a mini mamba setup. You had a longer barrel running out the front. Did you ever put in a shorter barrel? And if so what sort of velocity were you getting?

I'm struggling to get over .5 joules with green gas. 84mm 6.02 barrel. 

Be interested to see if it's a discrepancy my end or the limits of that length of inner barrel. 

On 20/12/2023 at 14:58, Hunka1988 said:

@Steveocee I believe you posted a vid about a mini mamba setup. You had a longer barrel running out the front. Did you ever put in a shorter barrel? And if so what sort of velocity were you getting?

I'm struggling to get over .5 joules with green gas. 84mm 6.02 barrel. 

Be interested to see if it's a discrepancy my end or the limits of that length of inner barrel. 

Nope not me.

Would anyone know if airsoft websites are getting the ctm aap-01 holster back in stock? Seems tk be out of stock everywhere.

Unless they've replaced it with the galaxy one now?

• 4 weeks later...

The stock one is decent and fits perfectly with the stock hop unit and rubber. 

If you want to upgrade for upgradings sake, the stalker stuff looks high-end...

https://www.skirmshop.co.uk/morpheus-dual-bore-aap-01-barrel-129mm.html

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.