CQB guns for outside games

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm not thinking about guns with very short barrels like the G&G Firehawk, but the likes of the LCT AK sub carbines and the G36c clones. Even the 9" and 12" M4s or the MP5.

Since the site limit for full auto guns is 350 fps, and these guns are all capable of that, does barrel length really matter? Or is barrel and hop up quality the important factor for longer range shooting?

The inner barrel of a G36c is about 255 mm and the sub carbine AKs are 270mm.

I prefer these shorter guns because they are easier to carry around and lighter. A full size AK used in woodland might look cool, but the weight is likely to be very tiring.

Do any of you ever use your CQB guns outside?.

Barrel length doesnt really do much. Shorter guns work fine outside. Hell my pistol outranges my combat machine :D 

• Supporters

i see plenty of people using short barreled guns outdoors and it's just fine.

as long as you're doing the same fps as everyone else and you've got a decent setup the accuracy is perfectly fine.

• Supporters

Anything with a barrel over about 200mm (inner barrel length that is) will be fine. Under that and it can get a bit questionable on accuracy.

Anything over 200mm doesn't do anything for accuracy. Use heavier BBS (0.28g) and ensure you have a completely consistent air seal/air delivery, and that your hop up will consistently lift the heavier BBS without needing too much hop pressure applied.

As long as your stock barrel isn't tragically bad (G&G or Nuprol crap aluminum tubes) then you'll notice minimal gains from 'upgrading' it.

Range is almost exclusively determined by your hop rubber and FPS. I have a mk23 pistol that’s 305ish FPS on a .2 and will send a .43 70m. I have a Tm mp7 with a standard 144mm barrel and that’s throws .36 bb’s 60m 

hop bucking>B.B. weight>FPS>barrel quality>Wind> barrel length

^They are epic but they are also gas guns ;)

TM P90s are excellent and IMH the best small gun with a big range, midcaps hold loads of ammo, they are really quiet too!

MP5s from ICS and G&G are also excellent for In and out

• Moderators
38 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

^They are epic but they are also gas guns ;)

TM P90s are excellent and IMH the best small gun with a big range, midcaps hold loads of ammo, they are really quiet too!

MP5s from ICS and G&G are also excellent for In and out

or the ICS G33f (G36), uses M4 mags as well :)

• Head Moderator

Just use a TM gun, it is good for indoors or outside, distance shooting or close range.  And Mk23 pistol, perfect for CQB or not. 

However, if you cannot carry the gun all day then you may either need a better sling or just a LARP knife :P

8 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Well, now I know what I'll be using next weekend.

qHhb875.png

Needs a drum mag.

On 29/03/2018 at 12:12 PM, Hangtight said:

Anything over 200mm doesn't do anything for accuracy. Use heavier BBS (0.28g) and ensure you have a completely consistent air seal/air delivery, and that your hop up will consistently lift the heavier BBS without needing too much hop pressure applied.

As long as your stock barrel isn't tragically bad (G&G or Nuprol crap aluminum tubes) then you'll notice minimal gains from 'upgrading' it.

Are G&G barrels considered crappy? 

I've never heard that before

Cheaper G&G Combat Machines come with a very average quality aluminium tube inner barrel.

Archived