THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

36 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

Largely bolts on to what @Crazy_Crystal said. Weighing up the costs of R&D and production with the demand, Marui only care about the Japanese market. If the various AR iterations of the MWS continue to sell like hot cakes there isn't much of a need for them to deviate and start pumping those sunk costs into something similar. I'm honestly surpised the AK appeared as quickly as it did, which might sound like madness given the gap between the AR MWS coming out and the announcement of the AK.

Such a weirdly unique company, many get burned at the stake because they don't ship to certain countries while Marui trudge along as if the rest of the world literally doesn't exist.

Side note, that's not to say I wouldn't love to see other variants... just can't see it happening any time soon.

Yeah I really don't understand why Marui only focus on the Japanese market. Like I get they do very well at it, but their shit sells out instantly when available elsewhere. Even if they don't want to handle much of it themselves they could surely just make supply easier for retailers and channel.

11 minutes ago, gunbod007 said:

Yeah I really don't understand why Marui only focus on the Japanese market. Like I get they do very well at it, but their shit sells out instantly when available elsewhere. Even if they don't want to handle much of it themselves they could surely just make supply easier for retailers and channel.

The fact they don’t is possibly largely the reason they’ve been so stable and maintained such a good reputation throughout. Involving others tends to lead to having to adjust things, it’s seems that they’ve got their production triangle (quality, time and cost... you can only pick two that you want, something always has to give) set in terms of quality and cost being their choices.

They’re more than happy to concede time to ensure their products release at a consistent quality and I imagine with consistent costs. Once others become involved that risks being upset, which I’d estimate simply isn’t worth it. If it ain’t broke...

Edit: The general concept of production triangles is pretty dated nowadays, but the principles are still pretty applicable.

Edited by alxndrhll

Just now, gunbod007 said:

There is a gas AK form TM?!!??

Shown off late last year if memory serves, not out yet though. And given the route the MWS took between being announced and launched lord knows when it’ll be available.

5 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

Shown off late last year if memory serves, not out yet though. And given the route the MWS took between being announced and launched lord knows when it’ll be available.

Gives me plenty of time to save at least

Marui’s only market is technically Japan. The fact that we are able to get Marui’s outside of Japan Is down to certain distributors getting them out of the country  and Marui Turing a blind eye. There are no official channels for external distribution outside of Japan.  The Japanese market is seemingly big enough to sustain Marui and bizarrely the brand I’ve heard is actually ‘looked’ after very well by the Japanese government. Make of that what you will. Ever thought why it’s so difficult to get Marui parts? The lack of a distribution model simply. Ever thought why only limited stock of Marui  trickles into the UK? Simples. The lack of distribution outside of Japan. See where I’m going with this? 

Oh here’s the link to the thread about the new AKM. Well it’s not so new now...

35 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

Dude has the best haircut like ever too 😂

Yeah this dude is so cool. So I have always been confused about this. I know AKs don't have a bolt catch as such but I did think the bolt locked on empty? Guess not.

Edited by gunbod007

13 hours ago, gunbod007 said:

Yeah this dude is so cool. So I have always been confused about this. I know AKs don't have a bolt catch as such but I did think the bolt locked on empty? Guess not.

Yeah, no bolt catch... The only way you know that you're out is the deadmans click as the striker hits empty air...

Tokyo Marui have done a really nice job there on that.

Edited by Crazy_Crystal

Okay give it to me straight, how badly did I fuck up? 

Dropped the mag and bent the metal casing over the bolt stop catch. Tried to bend it back and snapped clean off. 

Is it safe to still run it in the gun or is it gonna chew something up with that sharp edge? It doesn't look like it actually touches any moving parts but almost not worth the risk it seems.

Screenshot 2021-03-20 at 23.07.19.jpg

Screenshot 2021-03-20 at 23.08.29.jpg

8 hours ago, gunbod007 said:

Okay give it to me straight, how badly did I fuck up? 

Dropped the mag and bent the metal casing over the bolt stop catch. Tried to bend it back and snapped clean off. 

Is it safe to still run it in the gun or is it gonna chew something up with that sharp edge? It doesn't look like it actually touches any moving parts but almost not worth the risk it seems.

Screenshot 2021-03-20 at 23.07.19.jpg

Screenshot 2021-03-20 at 23.08.29.jpg

Hey,
If it doenst catch on any of the moving parts, i see no reason not to just sand the sharp metal part to be smooth and use it :)
Out of curiosity, how did it happen? Tried some of the tacticool reloads? :D 

Hi All

Finally had some time to get the G&P V2 buffer fitted.  Along with Dave’s high speed buffer insert and brass nub.

The v2 buffer must be made for a slightly wider buffer tube and I watched a video on some guy testing the v1 who said he could smell burning.  That was metal on metal.  So I took about 1mm off the widest part of the buffer using a diamond file and polished down from 240 grit down to 2500 wet and dry using some Parker and Hale gun oil as a medium.  It turned out great.  I used all 3 weights with o rings between and the two springs either end inside the buffer so no rattle either.

No real gain on FPS but it is much more snappy now with that high speed buffer.  Thanks @Davegolf

The brass nub is also awesome,  much more consistent trajectory and so flat, again thanks @Davegolf

Still awaiting my NPAS so I can lower power and run on propane, as on propane I am getting 289.4 to 291.2 FPS on .36’s (over 10 shots).  I do have a 4.5 G&P adjustable and some blue thread lock, but not sure I trust it.  Will have to settle for green gas which drops the FPS enough.

Sadly no mk18 rail yet, as not got any left (last one was damaged) but I got a refund.

Will be fielding as is on the 3rd, with a red dot.  Will decide on a scope once I have field tested it.  I have added a new stock and grip plus a magpul AFG-2.  Once I have fitted the red dot I’ll pop a couple of picks up.

Thanks everyone, this thread rocks!

cheers

Sean

FBF29CAB-1D67-4317-9A7E-61BD0B300000.jpeg

Hi @SeanW nice to see an MWS with the original rail system, hope it’s a keeper!

Thanks for the comments, if you are running a heavier buffer assembly you wouldn’t notice any further FPS increase from the HSB.

This is because the buffers own extra mass is already seating the nozzle into the bucking better.

The HSB will be doing a great job for reliability and shock management in your setup.

As well as the obvious crisper semi action.

I find a red dot is great out to 60M (with my non 20:20 vision) 😂

Edited by Davegolf

8 hours ago, TadsJ2 said:

Hey,
If it doenst catch on any of the moving parts, i see no reason not to just sand the sharp metal part to be smooth and use it :)
Out of curiosity, how did it happen? Tried some of the tacticool reloads? :D 

Yeah tactical reloads and I was using a HSGI Taco style pouch with the retention band off so it just fell out. Have binned them and got a mix of BFG and Esstac pouches coming. Ordered 3 new mags as well.

8 hours ago, TadsJ2 said:

If it doenst catch on any of the moving parts

It is hard to say for certain but I don't think it does

Hi @Davegolf

The parts are amazing.  It just feels better when shooting and cycling.  The nub is hands down better than the cut down omega I had as a temporary measure.

It does look great in its own skin, not going to lie I am still looking at a 12.5” mk18 rail.  Will probably do this if I decide to go down the dmr route with this one.

Will probably also get a mag scope on it with that lovely HAO single piece Geissele mount when they are shipping again.

Cheers

Sean

14 hours ago, SeanW said:

Hi All

Finally had some time to get the G&P V2 buffer fitted.  Along with Dave’s high speed buffer insert and brass nub.

The v2 buffer must be made for a slightly wider buffer tube and I watched a video on some guy testing the v1 who said he could smell burning.  That was metal on metal.  So I took about 1mm off the widest part of the buffer using a diamond file and polished down from 240 grit down to 2500 wet and dry using some Parker and Hale gun oil as a medium.  It turned out great.  I used all 3 weights with o rings between and the two springs either end inside the buffer so no rattle either.

No real gain on FPS but it is much more snappy now with that high speed buffer.  Thanks @Davegolf

The brass nub is also awesome,  much more consistent trajectory and so flat, again thanks @Davegolf

Still awaiting my NPAS so I can lower power and run on propane, as on propane I am getting 289.4 to 291.2 FPS on .36’s (over 10 shots).  I do have a 4.5 G&P adjustable and some blue thread lock, but not sure I trust it.  Will have to settle for green gas which drops the FPS enough.

Sadly no mk18 rail yet, as not got any left (last one was damaged) but I got a refund.

Will be fielding as is on the 3rd, with a red dot.  Will decide on a scope once I have field tested it.  I have added a new stock and grip plus a magpul AFG-2.  Once I have fitted the red dot I’ll pop a couple of picks up.

Thanks everyone, this thread rocks!

cheers

Sean

FBF29CAB-1D67-4317-9A7E-61BD0B300000.jpeg

Do you have original MWS buffer tube or G&P one? I read somewhere that original one is a little wider and G&P V2 buffer is dedicated to it so maybe that why? I also bought it and I hope that it would be drop in without sanding needed 😕

7 hours ago, MiniLuxy said:

Do you have original MWS buffer tube or G&P one? I read somewhere that original one is a little wider and G&P V2 buffer is dedicated to it so maybe that why? I also bought it and I hope that it would be drop in without sanding needed 😕

Hi @MiniLuxy

I have the original TM buffer tube and it was still too tight.  It does move but not as freely as you would like.  The original TM buffer has at least 1mm clearance and in other areas more.

It is only the exterior of the end cap that needed some mass removing but it didn’t take long.  With a decent diamond file I took the required material off.  Cleaned it off and tested it until it moved freely.

Once there was enough material off I used 240 grit sandpaper to smooth it.  Then 600 to get it smoother still.  I then moved to wet and dry with a little gun oil starting at 1000 grit, then 1500 grit, then 2000 grit, finishing with 2500.  Make sure to clean off the buffer in between sand papers.  

It took some time but was worth it.  If you don’t feel confident and you can get it to me, I’ll do it for you,  I live in Nottingham.

If you are happy to do it yourself and want a little more guidance, I’m happy to help with any information you need.

Cheers

Sean

On 21/03/2021 at 12:03, Davegolf said:

Hi @SeanW nice to see an MWS with the original rail system, hope it’s a keeper!

Thanks for the comments, if you are running a heavier buffer assembly you wouldn’t notice any further FPS increase from the HSB.

This is because the buffers own extra mass is already seating the nozzle into the bucking better.

The HSB will be doing a great job for reliability and shock management in your setup.

As well as the obvious crisper semi action.

I find a red dot is great out to 60M (with my non 20:20 vision) 😂

Hi Dave

I didn’t expect FPS gain either with the HSB, but the semi action is a great gain.  Did you notice I popped the two lubricants in there you recommended too.

The nozzle seats really well and the consistency in FPS is astounding.  Also managed 2 full mags on semi at 7 Degrees with vertex.  Plus another 28 shots, last 10 dipped, but only the last 5 were sub 240 FPS with .36’s (last shot was 219 FPS).

Can’t wait to field it now, got six mags and a dream!  Going to give it a test on lower power green gas and on decent .2’s.  If it’s still OP, I will fit the 4.5 adjustable on the lowest setting.

Will post the results.

Thanks again for all your help.

Cheers

Sean

Has anyone ever experienced varying fps between mags?

3 of my mags are outputting 250fps on 0.3g whilst the other two are outputting 290fps on 0.3g bbs.

@SeanW yes I spotted the GunSav and PH oil, they seem to fly under the radar for a lot of people.

Great lubricants.

Glad you’re enjoying it, the satisfaction of semi auto kills in game with a GBBR is a hard one to beat!

@danhc are they all equal age genuine TM mags?

2 hours ago, Davegolf said:

@SeanW yes I spotted the GunSav and PH oil, they seem to fly under the radar for a lot of people.

Great lubricants.

Glad you’re enjoying it, the satisfaction of semi auto kills in game with a GBBR is a hard one to beat!

@danhc are they all equal age genuine TM mags?

Arguably only bettered by kills with a 1 joule bolty.

Hey, I just wanted to report that I managed to get the SAA mags leak free by merging the two halfs with steel araldite. 

The o ring was removed, contact surfaces roughened and the rod removed. The side body screw which holds the rod was set in place with araldite. Whereas the bottom threads were blocked with a cross threaded screw + araldite. All contact surfaces were oil free and treated with spirits before the araldite treatment. 

The mag in question was filled with gas sometime in November 2020 and has had no leaks since. A bit of a job to get it done but nevertheless, might be worth the effort or a fitting lockdown activity to some.

A809BBDD-CF0D-4E15-83F7-44C8315A2E8E.jpeg

A8747463-653C-41A3-A562-CD9D1F156611.jpeg

A3269FDF-426B-46DF-9ABF-9DB53BFBCD3B.jpeg

C500FF01-16ED-42EC-BA92-8C42F13985FF.jpeg