THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

2 hours ago, Hypokondrikern said:

Yeah, there are many different.  But I went with the SAI and UAC both working great. 

Thank you. I ordered HSB from Dave today.  Now I'm looking for a UAC bolt.

18 minutes ago, Cipher-032 said:

Be aware, if you run a HSB, you get a FPS increase.

I didnt notice much cycling rate difference if im honest?

Gunna remove and see what It feels like this weekend

I think that I will get HSB soon and compare if there is a difference.

It is a pity that I can not find the UAC bolt anywhere.😔

1 hour ago, Hypokondrikern said:

I wrote them an SMS yesterday to find out if delivery to Germany works, but so far I have not received an answer.  I can order, but I don’t know if this product will be delivered to Germany. Thank you.

Hi All

New on here. First of all, a BIG thank you to Wo1f. You're an absolute legend and I have modded and maintain my MWS based off your posts.

I'd be grateful for a bit of guidance how to improve my TM MWS (v.2) mags. I am currently only getting about 12 shots out of each (using Abbey's gas with lubricant), and I had them for just a year. I assume I need to take them apart and put silicone oil on all seals. I'm planning to follow BadaBing's now somewhat dated instruction video about this. However, could you guys offer any other useful guidance? E.g. do the mags require any internal cleaning?

Also:

1. Any suggestions for a good valve key? Looks like the specific one for MWS (here: https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/gp-valve-key-for-marui-mws-gbb) is pricey and out of stock.

2. Is there any value in putting PTFE tape on the valves?

3. Has anyone tried any upgrades for the v.2 mags that they can recommend? E.g.:

- Laylax's injection valve: https://eagle6.co.uk/shop/catalog/product/view/id/575/s/laylax-nineball-magazine-gas-injection-valve-set-black-for-all-gas-series/

- Laylax's high flow valve: https://eagle6.co.uk/shop/catalog/product/view/id/511/s/laylax-nineball-magazine-high-flow-bullet-valve-neo-for-m4a1-m1911a1-hi-capa-fn5-7-gas-blowback-series/ ?

4. Has anyone found that Abbey's high pressure gas (Brut) causes the mags to leak? This gas has has no silicone oil, so I tried putting a drop on the valve before putting in the gas, but this seems to only waste the silicone oil.

5. Would silicone grease work better on the valves and seals than silicone oil?

Many thanks in advance.

Greg

The MWS is as we know an efficient design, as such it does not need a lot of lubrication.

Unlike crap GBB designs where there is a lot of excess venting / gas blowby which dries out the BBU/piston seal.

This is the reason lots of people run these on propane with great success.

Mags always need to have pressure inside to maintain seal function / lubrication.

As for servicing of mags - if they are leaking - strip them down, clean them out, check seals for damage and bloating, check all seal mating faces for scratches or debris.

Coat the seals in quality silicone oil and reassemble.

PTFE is not required / advised.

Gas the mag up like 50% and check for leaks.

Silicone grease the piston seal, everything else should be dry, or metal on metal lubricated (Wurth dry grease or gun oil)

If you are not using the gun for a while then had the mags with suspended oil gas.

4 hours ago, GregArm said:

I wrote them an SMS yesterday to find out if delivery to Germany works, but so far I have not received an answer.  I can order, but I don’t know if this product will be delivered to Germany. Thank you.

I’m most confident that they will.

Also some last bits I’d like to get rid of. ( standard trigger, guns modify hammer rotor, handguard mounting ring, standard trigger guard and billet trigger guard - all together for 20 € ).

68A10C6D-ED3E-479B-BA11-66E05662DFF2.jpeg

58 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

The MWS is as we know an efficient design, as such it does not need a lot of lubrication.

Unlike crap GBB designs where there is a lot of excess venting / gas blowby which dries out the BBU/piston seal.

This is the reason lots of people run these on propane with great success.

Mags always need to have pressure inside to maintain seal function / lubrication.

As for servicing of mags - if they are leaking - strip them down, clean them out, check seals for damage and bloating, check all seal mating faces for scratches or debris.

Coat the seals in quality silicone oil and reassemble.

PTFE is not required / advised.

Gas the mag up like 50% and check for leaks.

Silicone grease the piston seal, everything else should be dry, or metal on metal lubricated (Wurth dry grease or gun oil)

If you are not using the gun for a while then had the mags with suspended oil gas.

Thank you, Dave.

On 08/07/2020 at 21:50, JUSTICE_RAINS said:

Hey guys, so I watched @Bada Bing's beautiful MTR-16 review and caved in and bought one. First post here.

I was so impressed with the performance I decided to make a montage of a day's worth of gameplay with it. 😀

It's not your typical gameplay and any sort of feedback or support would be greatly appreciated. If this isn't allowed let me know.

I've put about 3000 rounds through the MTR-16 so far and it's running strong. I had to shave down the trigger guard to get the Ace 1 Arms PMAGs to fit, and they had a rough break in period where they would jam the gun every half dozen mags or so and eventually the locking lugs of my Angry Gun NPAS nozzle broke off (Thankfully somehow still working!). The gun itself is fantastic, no complaints. It gets tons of compliments on the field every time I take it out, and people love shooting it. I have only upgraded the buffer to a G&P adjustable one, used the Angry Gun NPAS nozzle for FPS adjustment, and fitted a Maple Leaf MR Hop bucking for that sweet sweet range. Surprisingly it out-ranges most AEGs on the field even at the same joule level.

I also tried the TNT bucking but that one was just not consistent enough for my liking, there was a break-in period of 500 rounds where it just kept hooking left and right and I couldn't deal with the lateral inconsistency. So I went back to my Maple Leaf MR Hop and it's been serving me faithfully since. The strange thing about the TNT bucking is that it has better vertical consistency than the Maple Leaf MR Hop, but worse lateral deviation. The MR Hop has better lateral deviation and slightly worse vertical dispersion, though the overall grouping favors the MR Hop because vertical dispersion is easier to adjust than lateral. Not surprisingly, inner barrel length or diameter has very little effect, if any, on my MTR. I used a Maple Leaf 410mm inner barrel and it did raise the joules quite a bit, but effect on either accuracy or range was negligible. I'm fairly certain 90% of the accuracy comes from having good tolerances with no wobbly parts, consistent gas output, and a really good bucking/nub combo. I prefer the stock barrel because I don't want insane joule creep.

I've also upgraded to propane and noticed it doesn't smell half bad. I'm used to smelly smells (mostly from fermented Korean food). 

Oh and the best part - my MTR-16 G Edition did not come with red loctite on the barrel nut (though there was red loctite on the handguard screw threads). Strange! And quite thankful. I can strip it down to the upper and chamber in a matter of minutes without having to exert enough pressure to crush carbon into diamonds.

I do have one issue with it - on the stock bucking and TNT bucking, the gun has no issue dumping a full mag accurately on full auto. However, on the MR Hop, the gun will shoot a few BBs fine, then a couple BBs will drop out of the end of the barrel with 0 hop. Basically my spray pattern is a mix of straight BBs and dropping BBs. I'm 99% sure it's the Maple Leaf MR Hop bucking but I don't use it on full auto enough to warrant changing anything yet. It could also be because I'm using a 70 degree bucking at 1.2-1.4 joules which is a little bit harder than most people would use. Maybe I will remove the metal bucking stabilizing ring and see if that has any effect.

I can't wait for what TM has in store for their AK GBBR on July 17th when they'll finally reveal it.

I am wondering what hop up set up you went with along with your maple leaf mr hop? I tried using it on my mws and found it inconsistent laterally. The trajectory seems nice when it’s flying straight.

So, I've done a bit of research and cannot find anything that could be classed as conclusive so to ask one more time:-

What bb's do we recommend now?

My mws is standard internally less Ra tech npas, six g nub and GG modded mags fed on a strict diet of propane shooting at 330-340fps with groups between 55-75mm at 20m range.

Range wise on a good wind free day I'm getting hits at around 50-60m on a man-size target.

Barrel is pulled through with flannelette and IPA alcohol each shoot ( not getting any on the hop)

Bb's I've used are:-

Tippman competition .28s

Geoff's precision .25's

Geoff's precision .40's

And finally settled on BLS .30's as a compromise between speed and accuracy at 350fps.

The Geoff's were ok but Expensive and I had a couple of stoppages due to shattering which ended up in the trigger box.

As I cannot find BLS.30's at the moment what do we all recommend for a 350fps gun and are bios still not recommended?

Cheers.

.32 is the way to go for me now at that FPS. I use heavier in my mk12 mod0 but that’s 400-450fps depending on site

I fitted the brass nub yesterday and set the hop for 0.32g's and it shoots like a dream!

I'm using Geoff's Bio's which I know people have had problems with, but seem to work very well in mine with several mags feeding flawlessly!

Never had any issues with the same brand in my TM GBB MP7 either.

I can't belive how well these things shoot, both the range and the consistency is very impressive. 

The only internal mod I've done like I said is the brass nub. Will look into a prometheus barrel at a later date just to boost the FPS a little...

33 minutes ago, RMDavis said:

I fitted the brass nub yesterday and set the hop for 0.32g's and it shoots like a dream!

I'm using Geoff's Bio's which I know people have had problems with, but seem to work very well in mine with several mags feeding flawlessly!

Never had any issues with the same brand in my TM GBB MP7 either.

I can't belive how well these things shoot, both the range and the consistency is very impressive. 

The only internal mod I've done like I said is the brass nub. Will look into a prometheus barrel at a later date just to boost the FPS a little...

How does it shoot and handle compared to a next gen recoil?

13 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

How does it shoot and handle compared to a next gen recoil?

Well my MK18 NGRS has had pretty much all the stock internals replaced with all the cliche gucci parts that everyone says you need... (believe me you don't)

Compared to the single tiny piece of brass that's been fitted to my MWS!

Don't get me wrong the NGRS performs excellently and has served me very well. I bought it to get a little more 'realism' over my old VFC 416A5, features like 'recoil' and a functional bolt catch really was the icing on the cake for a platform I knew well. (AEG's)

But comparing it to an MWS it might as well be another electric sewing machine! 

The recoil is negligible when compared with a GBBR and functions like the bolt catch are nowhere near as tactile on the MWS!

Using the MWS is such a satisfying experience, I knew it would as my TM MP7 GBB was always grin inducing! 

I've only plinked with mine so far, but using it for a game next Sunday I cannot wait.

My NGRS won't be going anywhere as it's a very good rifle, but I can already tell that it will be spending most of it's life inside a Pelicase... 😂

Just waiting for a couple more bits to arrive for the MWS in question and I'll take some photos for you lovely lot! 😁

Hi, Have a problem with my TM MWS mag, can not fill them up enough with Propane, mag is Verson 2. think it is filling valve, it is as if there can be no more in and then it weighs 460 g, and some of them for I only up to 458 g

22 hours ago, Wild Weasel said:

So, I've done a bit of research and cannot find anything that could be classed as conclusive so to ask one more time:-

My mws is standard internally less Ra tech npas, six g nub and GG modded mags fed on a strict diet of propane shooting at 330-340fps with groups between 55-75mm at 20m range.

Range wise on a good wind free day I'm getting hits at around 50-60m on a man-size target.

Barrel is pulled through with flannelette and IPA alcohol each shoot ( not getting any on the hop)

Tippman competition .28s

Geoff's precision .25's

Geoff's precision .40's

And finally settled on BLS .30's as a compromise between speed and accuracy at 350fps.

The Geoff's were ok but Expensive and I had a couple of stoppages due to shattering which ended up in the trigger box.

As I cannot find BLS.30's at the moment what do we all recommend for a 350fps gun and are bios still not recommended?

Cheers.

I use 0.30 ( Surgeron RWA , Geoffs , BLS , Specna ) to my MWS at 1.14J

I have a friend that use 0.32 and he say me that was fantastic but..... maybe 0.32 it´s too heavy ?

8 hours ago, ice666m said:

Hi, Have a problem with my TM MWS mag, can not fill them up enough with Propane, mag is Verson 2. think it is filling valve, it is as if there can be no more in and then it weighs 460 g, and some of them for I only up to 458 g

The weights that I quoted previously are for green gas modded magazines so they are taking into account the weight all up less the filling tube internally cut down to 10mm past the fill valve.

All my v1 and V2 mags are GG modded but This messes with full auto.

On 18/07/2020 at 11:51, Wild Weasel said:

Tippman competition .28s

Geoff's precision .25's

Geoff's precision .40's

Cheers.

I fielded my MWS this spring with a combination of 370 mm barrel, ML bucking and modded standard nub ( cut metal rod filling the hole ). Tried geoffs 0.4 yet favored ASG bio 0.32s - a good balance between range, reliance and speed of bb. A cost efficient bio bb that helped me reach out to around 75 m on a good day with no wind.

In general, I’m in favor of the medium weight bbs and their speed opposed to the maximum range slugs. I remember a KC02 dmr with orga and 0.4s - gentrification changed the surroundings before the bb hit the target. 

that being said - I’d still Iike to try a 0.34 or 0.36 with the SIX gun nub in my MWS. That could be a sweet spot between range, accuracy and bb speed. 

3 hours ago, Hypokondrikern said:

I fielded my MWS this spring with a combination of 370 mm barrel, ML bucking and modded standard nub ( cut metal rod filling the hole ). Tried geoffs 0.4 yet favored ASG bio 0.32s - a good balance between range, reliance and speed of bb. A cost efficient bio bb that helped me reach out to around 75 m on a good day with no wind.

I’m in general in favor of the medium weight bbs and their speed opposed to the maximum range slugs. I remember a KC02 dmr with orga and 0.4s - gentrification changed the surroundings before the bb hit the target. 

that being said - I’d still Iike to try a 0.34 or 0.36 with the SIX gun nub in my MWS. That could be a sweet spot between range, accuracy and bb speed. 

'gentrification' gold, pure gold🤣🤣🤣

Lads, I have an MWS for sale over in Classifieds...

Never gamed and pristine set up. Wasn't sure on how to price it given the upgrades? So posting here for any advice on that (suggestions very welcome).

Sad to let it go, but I have another MWS that I use for regular skirmishing (same set of upgrades) and this one isn't going to get fielded anytime soon, so thought it best go to someone who's going to give it a proper outing 💥 🔫

PS: I also have a bunch of MWS spare parts that I'm going to list soon...