Great Looking Gear

HarryCBurn

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Looking to make a list of some of the best looking gear and loadouts out there, because looking cool is a big part of airsoft. For the sake of the thread, let's assume that usability doesn't matter in the slightest.

A few bits I saw:

Exoskel Shinguards (Something like $400 though.)

Hazard 4 Poncho

TF3 Vest

• Supporters

If I saw someone turn up with them shin pads or that hard shell vest I would take the piss badly.

Best looking kit would be a tshirt or lightweight top, combat trousers for the pockets and some sort of lightweight rig/belt.

Because then you look like you are there to run around and play airsoft. With that sort of kit you just look like a girl whose scared of getting a little owwie.

The only armour kit that looks good and is good for airsoft is some of the masks/helmets. The rest is just unnecessary and should be banned.

Not to burst any bubbles, but what 'looks coolest' is totally subjective on every level, every single person has different opinions on that. I can't see how a thread themed around that concept would work.

Well, threads are for discussion, so you know. All ideas are welcome :P

I really want a batman loadout! Lol

I'm a bit of a history nerd anyway, but I am really starting to get drawn toward world war 1 stuff, or a british commando from world war 2

Cant remember.. :mellow:

Almost bought a foam poleaxe for 80 quid though.. <_<

I once had a four foot foam broadsword that I used to use for melee kills. People would honestly run away when I charged them with it! :D

• Head Moderator

I have a Cold Steel hand-and-a- half training sword but that would break your arm or knock you unconscious, so not much good for larping. Mind you, there would be no players not calling their hit :)

How about:

mesxhwxCUDJH1LnI-J-cn3g.jpgP1904 cavalry bandolier

t_UK_Khaki_Drill_british.gifUK_Tropical_Khaki_Drill_Service_Dress_TrKhaki drill service dress from whatprice glory

mukWcv96LkHMKlQzH6s0DMw.jpgWolseley Pith helmet

For the WW1 Camel corps look.

• Supporters

For sure in airsoft body armour is for ikkle girls, but practicality aside, the body armour from the film "Aliens" is the absolute classic TDB of looking like you're there to get some...

aliens_1986_ripley_gorman_burke_hicks_an

Edit to add: you can get ex-police riot gear shin guards on ebay occasionally. Not quite as aggressive looking as those in the OP but still pretty hardcore.

Oh yeah, and what about the belt rig Jack Rackham from "Black Sails" wears?

3d13ab4a055ae218370f6a7067007b29.jpg

But for ease of airsoft doability, you can't get much cooler than:

PGM_posing_with_woman.jpg

For sure in airsoft body armour is for ikkle girls, but practicality aside, the body armour from the film "Aliens" is the absolute classic TDB of looking like you're there to get some...

There is/was a pub in cornwall somewhere called 'Excalibur' i think, and the owner had a bunch of the original armor sets from Aliens out on display, as well as some suits of armor from film Excaliber. I also got to see a bunch of stuff at the LFCC this year (f*ck paying £100+ for a photo with Mrs Weaver and the power-lifter though)

As for the armor linked by the OP, I'm pretty sure that's a replica of the armor worn by the soldiers in Transformers. It's basically 1 of the 2 commonly found bits when googling 'airsoft armor' (the other being GI Joe lol), and is child sized costume which has issues with the panels catching on each other and ripping off.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.