Morale Patches - Just for looks or a cheap gimmick?

RabidNinja64

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Perusing around the interwebs, as usual, when i toy with the idea of getting 1 or 2 morale patches to stick on my vest; Problem is; can i pull it off? Most players i see these days very rarely have them, if at all that, doesn't include blood types or the occassional medic patch. And considering i wanna go for a coyote mercenary/PMC loadout, would it be abit too much?

BONUS QUESTION: Green or Sand Shemagh with a coyote vest? Cheers.

I've got patches on my helmet, sleeves & plate carrier

On my helmet is small team patch, call sign, blood group & my army TRF

Sleeves are union poppy flag, keep calm & skirmish airsoft patch

PC back, team patch & keep calm patch

PC front, blood group, small team team patch, regimental TRF & division TRF (all hard earned)

I wear everyone with pride, it's your kit so wear what you want (except things you haven't earned)

Honestly, im very unsure what look im going for between the two; as much as i want to look intimidating, i want to show that i'm easyily approachable from the barrel end ;D I'd say 60% Realism 40% Fun....if you can throw statistics at a "what do i want?" question xD

I also use a green shemagh to protect my neck & a green Emerson bump helmet which has come in handy on more than several occasions lol

That raises a good point in fairness; i always seem to bring my cap if nothing at all considering i dont mind the occassional headshot and have yet to headbutt any incoming furniture x] are helmets worth the price for the protection? though i'd rather invest in some decent goggles that don't fog and fit over glasses.

For me personally, I'm used to wearing a helmet from my army days but I did use my old jungle hat when I started, it kept getting pulled off by branches, brambles etc & scratching my head/face so I went back to a helmet & not regreted it since

I also play cqb so it's alot better in that environment

Ironically i've had no problems in relations to bushes that i have a tendency to crawl through without the necessity of a helmet; Saying that, CQB is a rarity considering my travelling distances, though i do want to practice my room clearing. I've yet to find the necessity of a helmet, but might buy one as a backup/alt loadout.

Its always a handy thing to have mate but as you want decent eye pro to go over your glasses, buy that first

To answer your original question, look on eBay for morale patches, ukmcpro or military1st

I have several moral patches I wear, and I often put them on my combats on a whim.

Popular ones:

Keep calm and carry a towel (Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy reference)

Pork Chop Express (Big Trouble in Little China reference)

My Name is 'Ash' - Housewears (Evil Dead reference)

Keep calm and kill zombies

The only patches I wear all the time are my Paramedic flashes, and a subdues 'Star of Life' on my cap.

Nobody has ever comment in a bad way regarding my moral patches, and those people who get the references have always commented in a good way :)

I personally wear a load of pin badges. I think in the age of velcro based individuality where a truly unique patch is rare - it's nice to be different - if you're going for the fun angle that is.

If there are some unique ones or something that means something to you personally then go for it.

What I've tended to notice these days is they are all the ruddy same!

You'd think if they were selling so many of the same one they'd start to produce alternatives as there's obviously a market for them.

I have loads of patches on my gear, no particular order.

Boston red sox team crest

Patriots team crest

Howard wolowitz space station patch

rockstar energy patch

Brotherhood of steel patch

Team noble patch

Rasta peace patch

Amsterdam XXX city flag patch

Federation (starship troopers) patch

Planet express patch

Vans patch

Loads more but cant think off top of my head

Not a fan of serious patches, wouldnt never have blood group or call sign, i think thats a bit too far but i do have one G&G patch, but other than that i dont have airsoft related.

I have loads of patches on my gear, no particular order.

Boston red sox team crest

Patriots team crest

Howard wolowitz space station patch

rockstar energy patch

Brotherhood of steel patch

Team noble patch

Rasta peace patch

Amsterdam XXX city flag patch

Federation (starship troopers) patch

Planet express patch

Vans patch

Loads more but cant think off top of my head

Not a fan of serious patches, wouldnt never have blood group or call sign, i think thats a bit too far but i do have one G&G patch, but other than that i dont have airsoft related.

Instantly won me over with the BOS patch :3 the thought never occured to me to get one

Overall, I like the idea of treating getting patches like earning them in scouts x'D don't wear it, unless you did it first! that being said, i am itching for a zombie hunter patch ;)

• Supporters

If you cannot find a patch to slap on your kit that you enjoy/find funny/associate with personally.. you've not looked hard enough. I absolutely f*cking guarantee that whatever you're in to, whatever your style is, there's a patch somewhere you will like.

There are a few designs out there which I class as 'douchebag/childish moron indicators' as anybody who wears them in a serious manner is 90% probably a d-bag. They come in quite handy for figuring out who to avoid though. The key is to read the slogan or whatever, then imagine how it reads in a totally deadpan voice to a total stranger who doesn't have any idea who you are or what you're like as a person. I think most gay people, females etc (i.e. the tiny majority of airsofters) will have some sense of humour, but patches saying 'cock fag' and 'all bitches need to suck my dick' etc fit in to the d-bag indicator category.

I have a few.

Team call sign because I was invited & its a none serious team.

I have a black sheep & an Inquisitor symbol (just to show obscure past geekyness) on my plate carrier. I also have subdued union flags and a red fox on my helmet. The red fox comes from the fact that my son wanted me & him to have a symbol patch that we both wore so I kind of went with it.

I just think that Airsoft is a game so wear what you want.

I dont go for realism,I have never been in the military and never had the compulsion to be in armed conflict so most patches are totally baffling to me.

My recent purchase... Like others, I won't have a blood group or call sign patch.. but ones that I don't see everyone and their neighbour wearing!

I came back from Kurdistan (Syria/Iraq) last month and managed to find along the way two flag patches that I'm proud to be wearing though... (Can see them in my signature!)

_MG_8446.png

• 4 weeks later...

I do love a patch! More for fun than serious here though :D

post-11797-0-87598000-1439487903_thumb.jpg

post-11797-0-66514500-1439487938_thumb.jpg

post-11797-0-01709800-1439487966_thumb.jpg

post-11797-0-72168100-1439488021_thumb.jpg

the one in my profile pic is the site patch and on the front I have a subdued union jack with a poppy in the middle. I have a subdued st Andrews cross on my right arm but I am considering sewing a TRF onto the original MTP patch instead, especially now that I have finally bought a stable belt to use in skirmishing

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.