my 'kit'

fin

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

so ive found some clothes but im not sure if they are sutible for a skirmish match but ill lt you guys decide

say anything about it.

post-11213-0-91308900-1429718053_thumb.jpg

post-11213-0-12180400-1429718068_thumb.jpg

post-11213-0-13232700-1429718079_thumb.jpg

• Supporters

Good boots are of the utmost importance, second only to eye protection. Believe me, breaking an ankle while running around out there isn't a fun thing.

walking boots?

If they support your ankles enough then they'll be fine. A little later on you could get a pair of British Assault Boots as you seem to be building up a cold war impression UK loadout.

While they aren't the fanciest of most comfortable boots out there they've been fine for me over 3-4 years of hard use. You have to look after them, and they'll look after you- my first pair went bad after a year because I wasn't caring for them properly.

As SeñorSpaz says, you'll thank them if you put a foot down a rabbit hole as you won't break your ankle.

Good boots are of the utmost importance, second only to eye protection. Believe me, breaking an ankle while running around out there isn't a fun thing.

i have a full face mask coming in may but at the moment i have some shooting glasses

• Supporters

indeed - eye pro is top priority, you can get light up stark bollox naked but at least you will still have your mince pies at the end of day

(riddled to hell but at least you can see your injuries yourself)

some sites demand/prefer the much younger players to have full face as opposed to sep eye/mask

that way their is no possible gap between the two, and ensures that little Jimmy retains all his teeth than if he just wore goggles alone

you will probably be ok with good well fitting seperate eye/mask but just letting ya know they "can" be picky/prefer full face

loadout is fine - ensure your eyes are more than just basically protected though

as you could be hit by 450/500fps sniper or some tw*t point blank in ya mush.

• Supporters

Walking boots are good, I've been using mine for bout 3 years, or go to the surplus and pick up a set of assault boots. Grade 1 or 2.

You've got a pretty good cold war loadout on the go, its definitely post ww2, possibly almost looking a little Vietnam or Korean. Its not spot on if you want accuracy for any of it but its functional.

The only other addition I might suggest if you are planning on skirmishing the G36c regularly would be either a wrap or some of the camo tape for the guns blue parts. Make sure it is something you can put on when you arrive at the game and you remove before you leave. ( This is not permanent and therefore falls outside the VCRA as you are not manufacturing a RIF, however if you leave it on between games it's not in the spirit of the law). Even a few thick elastic bands and a scrim or piece of cloth will do.

Nothing wrong with a good pair of walking boots, though i think proper combat boots have better ankle support.

• Supporters

i have a full face mask coming in may but at the moment i have some shooting glasses

As you're under 18 many sites will insist on you wearing full face protection.

In my mind all such boiler suits should have a ghost-busters logo :)

Agree looks pretty ex-CCCP-ish which is all good.

Anything is all-good to be fair, wear wtf you like, whatever is most comfortable and feels most cool/badass.

It's only milsim events where you have to wear specific clothing and people will get fussy about not looking soldierish enough (had to tell several unhappy-fat-ass types to go fudge themselves and/or join the army when I turned up to one in jeans, trainers and camo t-shirt (t-shirt was correct specified camo-pattern)

Nah it would depend more on the quality of the boot.

I said a GOOD set of walking boots or PROPER combat boots. Of course buying cheap is buying crap

As a general rule, yes that is certainly true, there are a LOT of very expensive gucci combat boots, not all of which are any better than some cheaper alternatives.

The 'Muricans LOVE gucci kit and while deployed have a good chunk of spare cash to splash on gucci tac kit, as a result over the last decade almost every main brand shoe maker has dabbled into the tac boot market knowing that the grunts will snap them up like aunt mabel's hot pie.

Converse is a great example, they make brilliant court shoes, but they don't know how to make a proper tac boot, they are nice and light and comfy, great for hanging around bastion, not so great for trekking through the mountains or on an extended patrol.

A £30 pair of surplus issue boots that have already been worn in are certainly going to be good enough for the twice a month casual romp in the woods that is airsoft. But try to buy them in store instead of online, try them on and see what they are like and to get the right size.

• Supporters

Nice to see some 58 Pattern webbing being used by a noob - vive la diversity!

If your walking boots are already worn in and comfortable, yeah go ahead, they should be ok. As has been said though, assault boots / tactical boots are intended to provide more ankle support in the kind of situations that energetic airsofters will get into. My favourites are German Para Boots, Grade 1 surplus (so they are worn in but not so much that your feet have to conform to the shape of somebody else's) / at the moment you should expect to pay about £40 for a pair, certainly no more than £50 posted. You do not need to buy a size larger to allow for thick socks, they are already slightly bigger than shoes/trainers of the same size. Of course they are sized in Euro measurements so you can get a slightly better fit than boots made to British sizes. On the issue of authenticity in your loadout, serving British soldiers in the 80's often bought surplus German Para Boots after they had passed out because they are more comfortable than British Assault Boots - the MK5 GPB is obviously newer and has design improvements over those available in the 80's, but the external look is very similar. As has also been said, you are best off trying boots on before you buy, but if you measure your feet with a ruler/tape measure and look up a size conversion chart online, you'll probably be ok.

Shooting glasses are not really suitable for airsoft as the gaps around the edges can allow BB's to ricochet off your gun/equipment and/or stuff around you, which then approach your eyes from below/slightly behind you, pass through the gap, bounce off the interior of the lens and hit you in the eye - this is not speculation, IT HAS HAPPENED. If you find that your full face mask is not comfortable, or the inability to get things like drinks/sweets/gum into your mouth without disturbing your eyepro becomes too annoying, you should always make sure that any goggles you choose seal against your face all around your eyes. I would also recommend separate goggles and lower face mesh mask to protect your teeth. As far as I am aware no sites require under 18's to wear a full face mask, rather they require u18's to have their entire face protected, so a separate lower mask under goggles is fine. Bear in mind that you can always modify any lower face mask, bend it, fold it, cut parts off it, and/or add pads to the inside to make them more comfortable and to make them work with a particular set of goggles. For eg this is what i do to mine:

IMAG0336.jpg

...the bit of velcro loops in the middle prevents the mesh rubbing the tip of my large-ish nose.

If your walking boots are already worn in and comfortable, yeah go ahead, they should be ok. As has been said though, assault boots / tactical boots are intended to provide more ankle support in the kind of situations that energetic airsofters will get into. My favourites are German Para Boots, Grade 1 surplus (so they are worn in but not so much that your feet have to conform to the shape of somebody else's) / at the moment you should expect to pay about £40 for a pair, certainly no more than £50 posted. You do not need to buy a size larger to allow for thick socks, they are already slightly bigger than shoes/trainers of the same size. Of course they are sized in Euro measurements so you can get a slightly better fit than boots made to British sizes. On the issue of authenticity in your loadout, serving British soldiers in the 80's often bought surplus German Para Boots after they had passed out because they are more comfortable than British Assault Boots - the MK5 GPB is obviously newer and has design improvements over those available in the 80's, but the external look is very similar. As has also been said, you are best off trying boots on before you buy, but if you measure your feet with a ruler/tape measure and look up a size conversion chart online, you'll probably be ok.

German paras are excellent boots,but after some digging on Militarist.ua and popgun.ru when I was buying a pair i was scared off the Model 2000 ones.

Thing is,they have a large weakness in the rear heel. The soft foam like rubber that the tread is glued onto isn't very up to standard. Water can seep through it and weaken the adhesive,and heat can also mess up the chemical bond leading to the sole peeling off : http://www.cartalana.ru/Images/Boots/germany-25.png

http://popgun.ru/files/g/92/orig/5199226.jpg

The model 2000s on the market are made by a variety of manufacturers, but are often populated by 'funny chinese replicas' like these: http://thumbs1.picclick.com/d/l400/pict/181064311004_/BW-KAMPFSTIEFEL-Mod-2000-Bundeswehr-Stiefel-Gr-37-48-Armyboots.jpg

and the genuine ones are made by various contractors and quality tends to differ,there are even accurate 'replica' ones going about too posing as genuine ones,often sold as ''Import'' This can be avoided by buying used model 2000s from a good supplier and absolutely avoiding new mk 2000s since they will 95% be chinese replicas. The model 2000s are more of a gamble on quality.

Of course,one could get lucky and a pair could have better molded soles but they would not be as durable as the newer ones.

The new Kampfstiefel 2007 (often called 'DMS') are much more durable. Couple of guys I used to play airsoft with in Ukraine are deployed and they're survived an entire year of their experience in Ukraine's rather harsh weather,soles worn down but no adhesive problems and the leather,despite being raggy still holding strong.

Most you will find are made in Poland (Mine are,Code 3252),Slovakia,and Czech company Prabos(6414) who still have production runs of these for the Latvian and Khazakhstan army. Finding Haix made ones is a good bit harder since they had a smaller run.there are other manufacturers for these,but the first two are the most common.Quality will differ less due to more stringent demand from the BW but some will have different dynamics,I think the 3252 ones sit lower on the leg and have different(Some say superior) Dynamics of the Achilles heel area,but not all feet are the same!

Buying from Germany is a good option,Bundeswehrundmehr.de have good prices and shipping will be about 15 quid,You can get good condition 2007 models for the same price as the 2000 models.

Do note! There are rather popular analog boots made by Demar(Who used to produce these boots for the BW) These are civvie boots and are pretty much the same by design but feature different coloration,red thread and more colorful laces.http://sklep-arsenal.pl/product_picture/full_size/20240a192777fb302383432dbf9c6657.jpg

I'd be wary of British boots too since the soles can be wondrously crumbly due to improper storage and a lot of asian copies are going around too as 'cadet' boots.

But if OP's on a budget,Hiking boots will be perfectly acceptable. It's not necessary to have military boots.

I dig the loadout too. There's a certain charm to Cold war era NATO and brit kit.

Shooting glasses are not really suitable for airsoft as the gaps around the edges can allow BB's to ricochet off your gun/equipment and/or stuff around you, which then approach your eyes from below/slightly behind you, pass through the gap, bounce off the interior of the lens and hit you in the eye - this is not speculation, IT HAS HAPPENED. If you find that your full face mask is not comfortable, or the inability to get things like drinks/sweets/gum into your mouth without disturbing your eyepro becomes too annoying, you should always make sure that any goggles you choose seal against your face all around your eyes. I would also recommend separate goggles and lower face mesh mask to protect your teeth. As far as I am aware no sites require under 18's to wear a full face mask, rather they require u18's to have their entire face protected, so a separate lower mask under goggles is fine. Bear in mind that you can always modify any lower face mask, bend it, fold it, cut parts off it, and/or add pads to the inside to make them more comfortable and to make them work with a particular set of goggles. For eg this is what i do to mine:

IMAG0336.jpg

...the bit of velcro loops in the middle prevents the mesh rubbing the tip of my large-ish nose.

Do the loops stop facial hair getting pulled. My lower mesh rips my face to bits sometimes.

• Supporters

Do the loops stop facial hair getting pulled. My lower mesh rips my face to bits sometimes.

The pads on the cheekbone areas make the mask sit off your face, so yeah you can sport a tactical chin warmer under them with no problems.

I made the pads out of a bit of sleeping mat foam and sewed the velcro hook strips to the pad cover nylon fabric before sewing it into shapes for the pad to fit inside. The fabric is the type used for curtain/dress lining - very light, durable, and cheap. I formed the pad covers like small bags, machine-stitched inside out then turned the right way before inserting the foam, before finally hand sewing the last seam. The velcro loop strips have to be sewed through the mesh by hand and I'd suggest making knots every 2-3 stitches so that if any bits of the thread break the whole strip will not fall off immediately.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.