Taking 2 tone guns to skirmish sites

Perringtonbear

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Sorry if this has been talked about on here before, but just started looking into airsoft and was wondering if taking a 2 tone gun to a skirmish site would be ok? Like would you be laughed out or do a lot of people do it? I know about the obvious standing out like a sore thumb problem but haven't found any other info on this anywhere.

Any help would be great.

• Supporters

paint it, cover with tape to avoid giving away your position blah blah blah

for parts/upgrades:

http://www.airsoftsniperparts.com/identifyyourrifle.htm

http://www.airsoftsniperparts.com/apps/webstore/products/category/764410?page=1

depending on what "BB guns" site you bought from and what she is shooting at

would suggest using heavier bb's eg: 0.30gms upwards on 425/450fps

(you have one shot so try to ensure it ain't blown off course so much)

if she is over 330 - 350fps you have a Min Engagement Distance or MED

you can't shoot anybody unless they are aprox 30metres away

anything under that you have to use secondary/pistol or pray/retreat

MED's may vary but aprox 25/30metres for sniping

failure to abide by the site's guidelines will see you warned/banned

soz if you was already aware of this but site will explain and usually ask you to confirm what 30m looks like

This is very important to abide by to avoid being warned/banned or lit up by a lot of pi$$ed players

cheaper snipers are usually ok to get your feet wet, to get them shooting really well and maintain accuracy

will require a few upgrades at some stage

cheap AEG's are not ok though, often cheap "BB site" AEG's will be shooting under 300

& under 250 is not uncommon on usual 0.20gms bb's, plus these will be firing at under 10 rounds/sec

vivid orange that screams come and get me especially in camo woodland and pi$$ poor range too

at an absolute scrape the crappy 2-tone aeg's they sell could kind of be ok-ish at CQB sites

(close engagement, semi in most places so crappy gun might scrape by but still at a disadvantage though)

but yeah 2-tone especially vivid orange is a real giveaway out in the woods

no you shouldn't get laughed at - or not too much coz most of us started out that way

if you can tone down/paint/cover it it should help extend you playtime a bit

just anybody who ain't so cammo/stealthy kitted out, don't keep following the more stealthy/cammo'd players

(unless you enjoy being told where to go as vivid orange really draws attention to you)

play safe, apply common sense, listen to marshals and experienced players/teamates etc....

mag out/clear gun at safe zone, good eye pro & in general: don't be a dick and you will be fine

I started out with 2 tone M4 & bright orange shot gun but people still played along side me

Go have fun mate and get some kills :)

• Supporters

Oh yeah many players are very firendly and will gladly help/support a newcomer

I always kept away from the more experience team mates with my first tango BB site gun

(not just coz it was vivid but also I was/still crap myself)

But was trying to say know your limits and if your team are gonna try a stealthy flank...

ffs don't join them but maybe stay behind at base with a day-glo gun or your lesser skills drawing enemy attention/fire

Some of them experienced players that used to frequent TWA Urban were in another league or two to this noobish duck

I would watch in amazement how just a couple of them left could still turn the game around and we still won - wow

Most sites allow 2 tone and in around where I play I would say anywhere from 10-30% use two tone. About the only site I know that doesn't have any is UCAP sandpit because they don't allow two tones. But that is really rare, most sites allow them and its pretty normal to see them.

• Supporters

It shouldn't matter what colour your TOY GUN is. The only people I have ever seen say anything about noobs and two tone guns are usually spotty kids trying to look big or the elitist nobheads who would run away in real life and use airsoft as a substitute for their lack of a sex life. Real players couldn't care less its all about having fun. Go out and have fun and if anybody has a problem its theirs not yours.

Topics like this make me tempted to paint all my kit day glow pink.

I'm tempted to go to my next skirmish in a Hawaiian shirt and a straw hat. When the people divide up into 2 teams I want to see how many wander to the other side. :D

No really, don't worry about it. I just assume they're either under 18 or bought a gun when they didn't get UKARA. I've seen some experienced players playing with bright green sniper rifles. I've got a 2 tone pistol myself (blue slide) but it doesn't get pulled out much.

would be better then to get more ladies taking up airsoft though :)

Nice looking women. We don't want auld mags running about and bending over in front of us. But guns and naked women are a good combination.

With good full face eye pro you wouldn't know which was a minger or not until lunchtime

but even full face minger would be a start

soz if this is getting bit sexist - my bad to any female airsofters out there

(especially the really fit ones - lol)

aslong as she had a nice body a ugly face would be ok. Do many girls play airsoft? I've only seen 1

• Supporters

aslong as she had a nice body a ugly face would be ok. Do many girls play airsoft? I've only seen 1

With the kind of attitude displayed on this thread, is it any wonder more girls don't play?

• Supporters

I have seen a quite a few female players at my regular site and been shot by them a fair few times as well. Airsoft is one of those sports where the only thing that matters is how you play. I saw one girl who was very pretty and quite a few people cracked jokes in the safe room. A couple of matches in and it all stopped when people had been completely owned by her she was very fast running around with 2 pistols. One of the best CQB players I ever saw.

I have seen a quite a few female players at my regular site and been shot by them a fair few times as well. Airsoft is one of those sports where the only thing that matters is how you play. I saw one girl who was very pretty and quite a few people cracked jokes in the safe room. A couple of matches in and it all stopped when people had been completely owned by her she was very fast running around with 2 pistols. One of the best CQB players I ever saw.

It's not really a woman's sport though. You would expect women that play darts to be interested in Airsoft.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.