What Is Your Airsoft Pet Hate?

Zak Da Mack
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

I was in the ATC. Back in the early 80's. Youth organisations were extremely poorly funded. The No. 2 dress uniforms were from the 50's and you didn't get the jacket just the blue jumper over the shirt. The kecks were like nothing I'd seen before, or since mind lol! They were some kind of wool fabric, serge maybe, with a lining down past the knee; really well made pockets, waist adjusters, belt loops, braces buttons, flies, etc... but clearly made to be worn in arctic conditions and carefully engineered (I use the word advisedly) to preclude the possibility of wearing them with any style whatsoever...

Still, we got to go shooting .22 rimfires and once Lee Enfield .303, gliding (which is still one of the best things I've ever done), and flying Cesnas. Oh aye, and 'survival' training, not to be confused with SERE :lol: - even if I hadn't been interested in joining the military, it would have been about the best yoot ting on offer.

I was in the ATC. Back in the early 80's. Youth organisations were extremely poorly funded. The No. 2 dress uniforms were from the 50's and you didn't get the jacket just the blue jumper over the shirt. The kecks were like nothing I'd seen before, or since mind lol! They were some kind of wool fabric, serge maybe, with a lining down past the knee; really well made pockets, waist adjusters, belt loops, braces buttons, flies, etc... but clearly made to be worn in arctic conditions and carefully engineered (I use the word advisedly) to preclude the possibility of wearing them with any style whatsoever...

Still, we got to go shooting .22 rimfires and once Lee Enfield .303, gliding (which is still one of the best things I've ever done), and flying Cesnas. Oh aye, and 'survival' training, not to be confused with SERE :lol: - even if I hadn't been interested in joining the military, it would have been about the best yoot ting on offer.

i was in the atc too, early to mid 90's, had a great laugh. Even got the chance to borrow an early model sa80 from a couple of raf regiment lads when I got my raf marksman award on camp near Aberdeen. I could see a fly on the target from 100m with that susat. Also went on more shooting weekends at sealand than I can remember. That was one cold, miserable range most of the time. Still, I did get to rip the cocking handle off not 1 but 2 la86(?) rifles. Indestructible my arse haha

• Supporters

Oh aye, I forgot to mention, on camp in Scotland somewhere near Aberdeen we got to abseil out of Sea King helicopters! Totally uber. But yeah, cold and wet, although I don't remember being miserable...

My hate is the same in any sport or hobby.

Someone who has spent a fortune on the best kit thinks it makes him better by default.

I see it in Archery at the club I shoot at there is a guy with a matched set of Easton X10 Pro Tour Arrows Hoyt Ion X Riser and Grand Prix Limbs. Fuse Carbon Stabilisers and Long Rods etc All up about £2000 worth of gear and he shoots like a novice. He has been at it for years, I out shoot him with my Cartel Phantom and SF Carbon Limbs. His thechnique is terrible, all in the arms.

Same fishing. There is always someone on the bank with all the top name tackle and gear, all matching and clothing by the same company, a 'Tackle Tart' as we call them. Strides round giving advice but never seems to catch.

We see them at the Skirmish, they know who they are, All Multicammed and Helmeted up, masses of gear, better equipment than the Real SPecial Forces but no field craft or sense of spatial awareness and tactics.

my pet hate is people thinking there gun goes 10 miles when in actual fact its about 10 meters, really annoys me, some need to realize it is a small ball of plastic going out a metal tube at 350 fps, not going to travel a mile, arghh

my pet hate is people thinking there gun goes 10 miles when in actual fact its about 10 meters, really annoys me, some need to realize it is a small ball of plastic going out a metal tube at 350 fps, not going to travel a mile, arghh

Its always nice to have dreams! Dont destroy them D':

I dont really have a lot since Im still a beginner... But I really hate when there are bunch of small kids not taking hits :'|, you keep on shooting them, they moan it hurts but they do nothing but shot you back ((hard to see them aswell because of their size and they are well bloody camouflaged because of that!))

Pot metal in high stress areas.

EG: VSR 10 sears,AK Stock trunnions,AK Front trunnions,AK leaf sights(Not ultra high stress but they are thin enough to not be suitable to be made out of zamac or cheap alloys)GBB slides,GBB internals,Shotgun action bars,the list goes on.

When an AK weighs more than a full steel one or the real thing you know somethings wrong.

seriously,the Dboys non steel AKS74U is the heaviest fookin' gun I've held in my life,followed by an AGM M16.

In fact,f*ck pot metal in general. A heavy,brittle penis of a metal it is.

• Supporters

Yeah, Cap'n. Absolute Cocks. A site with with a lot of 'em, or a few that really dominate the place, or worse, a/some Absolute Cock Marshal/s has a high ACF...

The people that behave as if dressing like special forces entitles them to the respect and deference we would show to special forces personnel at a skirmish.

I thought that was more special needs than special forces !

I've only been a couple of times but the thing that bugs me the most is people that moan all day. They just bring down the mood and get everyone else irritated.

That and the guys who are arrogant about the fact they played pretend war games more. The amount of people that completely ignore me because I'm stuck with a hired gun is troubling..

I've only been a couple of times but the thing that bugs me the most is people that moan all day. They just bring down the mood and get everyone else irritated.

The amount of people that completely ignore me because I'm stuck with a hired gun is troubling..

BH0Q8T.png

Especially people who are hypocritical like one guy who shouts to enemy team to "stop camping" yet he camps in one spot since the game began xD

• Supporters

People who whinge about 'camping' are just pissed off b/c they're not good enough to find a way to assault an excellent position, or find a way round it.

You can just imagine the Polish who assaulted Monte Cassino shouting, "Hej ty niemieckie psy, przestać ukrywać się w że gruzem i walce uczciwej!"

People who whinge about 'camping' are just pissed off b/c they're not good enough to find a way to assault an excellent position, or find a way round it.

You can just imagine the Polish who assaulted Monte Cassino shouting, "Hej ty niemieckie psy, przestać ukrywać się w że gruzem i walce uczciwej!"

lol xD

Here is a plus being a foreigner playing with bunch of English people, no one will understand what I will say to my friends that are Polish as well xD

But when it comes to camping all I can approve is when you defend a position or something ((Defenders can camp than in my opinion))

• Supporters

Here's another: People not leaving portaloo doors open to air out after use.

They usually have a spring to close them tho... :unsure: But ppl who piss anywhere except down the actual bog really annoy me. I mean ffs, how can you reach your teens without having learned how to aim your dick accurately?

• Supporters

When people are clearly wrong, but when you point it out, they have a massive strop at you and deny all evidence you present them with, proving their wrongness.

Key culprits:

Religious people, and CoD fags.

And the special case that was trying to sell what was clearly an SR25 with some tan bits on it, as an L129 an hour or two ago on Facebook.

44632_564159603629772_1148850593_n.jpg

As for my airsoft pet hate, I'd have to say starting late (although at Iron Sight it's normally my fault anyway :lol: ) or blind firing.

best thing is this photo is posed!! Not even firing........... :ph34r:

my pet hate is elitist geardo's. But i am sure we have covered this topic before??

• Supporters

Not just the elitist geardoes but the ones that insist on adopting "correct doctrine" for firing positions and arguing the toss over how much better they fire that way. It's not a real gun FFS.

Not just the elitist geardoes but the ones that insist on adopting "correct doctrine" for firing positions and arguing the toss over how much better they fire that way. It's not a real gun FFS.

True but there are some rules that hold true.

I shoot as I was taught to shoot with aLee Enfield and an SLR back in the late 70s. I seem to hit what I aim at.

• Supporters

Granted but all the "this grips helps contreol the recoil" stuff is bollocks. I have yet to see an airsoft weapon that produces so much recoil you need to change your grip to stay on target. It's just tacticool posing and if you admit it then fine but don't be taking it so seriously!

• Supporters

I've 'ad a correct doctrine a few times. Last one was when my lower back ended up fvcked at the same time I 'ad severe sciatic nerve pain. I could 'ardly move, 'ad ring my downstairs neighbour to let the correct doctrine so 'e could decide wevva to 'ospitalise me or drug me up t'bleedin' eyeballs. GP woulda bin no use...

Archived